Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Da Braves

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: Da Braves
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2010, 09:43:13 AM »
So we picked up Derrick Lee for a couple of minor league pitchers.  Not too bad of a deal there.  However, I don't like moving Glaus to 3rd.  I like the Conrad/Prado combo at 3rd.  Any thoughts?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »
So we picked up Derrick Lee for a couple of minor league pitchers.  Not too bad of a deal there.  However, I don't like moving Glaus to 3rd.  I like the Conrad/Prado combo at 3rd.  Any thoughts?

I am of the same thought, but what do we do with Glaus? Bench player? Utility? I think hes too decent of a player to not be in the lineup regularly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
I am of the same thought, but what do we do with Glaus? Bench player? Utility? I think hes too decent of a player to not be in the lineup regularly.

Let him split time with Lee at 1st, and help keep them both fresh going into the post season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
Let him split time with Lee at 1st, and help keep them both fresh going into the post season.

Good idea....we have 2 creaky first basemen now. So this may be the best route.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2010, 10:21:04 AM »
Glaus has been placed on the 15 day DL and will move to Gwinett upon returning.  Braves organization along with Cox and Glaus think it's a good idea for him to rest his knees for two weeks and then move down Gwinett to start taking balls at 3rd base. 

Getting him rested up will be huge come late September.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28:49 AM »
Glaus' weak arm at 3rd was why the Cards didn't resign him.  He had shoulder surgery in 2008, and in 2009, couldn't make the throws from 3rd to 1st.  He's a good guy, and I hope he can get arm strength back.

And cubbies?  Fuck off.  Why couldn't you make this trade before Derrick Lee beat ass on the redbirds.  Fuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2010, 10:57:28 AM »
Glaus' weak arm at 3rd was why the Cards didn't resign him.  He had shoulder surgery in 2008, and in 2009, couldn't make the throws from 3rd to 1st.  He's a good guy, and I hope he can get arm strength back.

And cubbies?  Fuck off.  Why couldn't you make this trade before Derrick Lee beat ass on the redbirds.  Fuckers.

It's the only damn thing he did this year...so he's got that going for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »
Apparently D. Lee is strongest during the last couple months of the season.  All stats point to him being a strong finisher.  I'm iffy about Glaus going to 3rd...see Jarhead's comments.  I'd like to see a healthy rotation of Glaus, Lee, and Conrad for each infield position, with Prado and Infante becoming your everyday players at 2nd and 3rd.  This could really work in the Braves favor...but not before I sacrifice 7 virgins at the feet of the BKG

:bow:  BKG
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »
This could really work in the Braves favor...but not before I sacrifice 7 virgins at the feet of the BKG

:bow:  BKG
Planning a road trip to Utah, are we?  I'd start the search at BYU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Planning a road trip to Utah, are we?  I'd start the search at BYU.

Or kindergarten.  But only get the ugly ones.  We'll need the pretty ones in a few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
You play Lee daily as with Fred McGriff and spot play Glaus in matchups v. LH pitching as the situation calls for. I like the Conrad-Prado combo too. I'm just proud that the Braves were on top of this one for a stretch run. The Phillies aren't going away. If you have Chipper in the lineup with Lee the dynamic changes in how teams have to pitch against you. It's still a tough line-up and just a shame we won't get to see it as it was intended. So we see Glaus' reduced PT as a position player was already in the works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
The Braves are not good for my heart this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
The Braves are not good for my heart this season.
I'm going to buy tickets to the Mets series and show up at or around the 7th inning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
Damn Braves lost last night.  It's over.  Finished.  Kaput.  Throw in the towel.

Hear that Baseball Karma Gods? I'm being very good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
Fuckin phils! :bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:33 PM »
What the F'n F is up with the Braves?  Holy schnikies.. The Butt-Pirates knock them out of first place?  They've scored a grand total of 1 run in 2 games against the Pirates.  This has been a long, slow and steady slide since the All-Star break.  What looked like a safe lead for at least a wildcard spot is now down to about a 2 game lead, if that, over San Fran. 

Hey Bobby, it's your last year, the last few weeks...do some of that managing shit or you're going to go out on a real sour note.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
It is taking everything I have to contain the rant that is welling up inside me.  Tonight we will burn farm animals and pre-pubescent nubian females in an attempt to get back on track.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2010, 05:51:20 PM »
It is taking everything I have to contain the rant that is welling up inside me.  Tonight we will burn farm animals and pre-pubescent nubian females in an attempt to get back on track.
You are now officially a geeky Asian motherfucker.

THERE IS AN AUBURN FOOTBALL GAME ON TONIGHT AND YOU ARE LETTING YOUR UNNATURAL LOVE OF BOBBY COX'S COCK GET INTERFERE WITH THAT.

Step the fuck back, bitch, and get yo head on straight, befo there be some rapin up in heah!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2010, 06:36:11 PM »
Baseball Tonight very high on Braves chances as they win 6 of last nine, and new kid Kimbrel emerging as the new eighth inning guy. Lee busted out with a GS last nite so the Braves aren't dead yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
Big series against the Phillies started off on the wrong foot tonight.  Brad Lidge looked like he was in World Series form. Damn you AUTIGER1 and Buzz Killington.  Damn you.

It's not on teh youtubes yet, but there was a guy dressed as greenman except in all red who stormed the phillies' field tonight and had to be tripped up my Matt Diaz before being accosted by security.  Hilarious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions