Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lutzenkirchen's a Good Kid

Aubie16

Lutzenkirchen's a Good Kid
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:53 AM »
EAST COBB - "I feel like a princess," Casey Carroll, 19, said as she walked to the limousine that was to take her to dinner and her prom at the Fox Theatre. Her mother clicked her camera every five seconds, looking for the perfect shot after an hour of staged photos. Casey Carroll, dressed in a floral gown she bought days after being asked to the prom last summer in the midst of her uncontrollable excitement, smiled as she turned to her mother and said what most teenage girls have said to their mothers at least once: "Mom, stop. You're embarrassing me."

But Casey Carroll was not like most girls at the Lassiter High School prom. She was not the prom queen, she was not looking forward to any big after-party, and she was ready to step out of her high heels before she even got into her limo. "When Casey was little, me and her father just thought she would probably never get to go to the prom, because we just weren't sure anyone would ask her," said Sue Ann Carroll, Casey Carroll's mother. "Not only is she getting to go, but she has two great dates. To see that, and to see her so happy, I can't tell you how much that means to us." That's because Casey Carroll, full of laughter, jokes and smiles, was born with Down Syndrome. And as much love as Casey Carroll gives, she receives even more.

"She's my girl," Casey Carroll's brother, Kevin Carroll, said as he stood near his sister, dressed in his tuxedo. Kevin Carroll is a junior offensive lineman at Auburn University, and has always had a close relationship with his little sister, even giving up his free afternoons as a Lassiter student to sit with her at lunch. "I can honestly say knowing her has made me a better person. She's waited so long for this, I'm just really happy for her."

Kevin Carroll would have taken his sister to her prom, without any hesitation. No need, though, as she had a date most Lassiter girls would have loved to have. Philip Lutzenkirchen, a former Lassiter and current Auburn football star, told Casey Carroll he would take her to her prom last father's day, as the Lutzenkirchen and Carroll families celebrated the holiday together. The two families have been close ever since Kevin Carroll and Lutzenkirchen became friends as Lassiter football teammates.

"Casey was just upset talking about it because she said she wanted to go to prom but probably wouldn't get to because no one would invite her. So Philip told her he didn't get to go to his prom, so he'd be happy to come back from school and take her," Sue Ann Carroll said. "I pulled him to the side later and just said that was sweet but he didn't have to do that, but he was insistent and said he would be happy to."

Kevin Carroll also came back to his home town to travel with Casey Carroll to her prom with Lutzenkirchen's sister, Ann, as his date. But the weekend was not short of drama, as Casey Carroll had a reaction to a medication on Friday and broke out in hives, head to toe, with a 102 degree fever. She spent Friday in tears, afraid she would not be able to have her dream day on Saturday as Sue Ann Carroll took her to two different doctors, desperately searching for help.

Luckily, with a combination of new medicine, love and prayers, Casey Carroll was well enough to have her day in the limelight. But Lutzenkirchen was not as lucky, when he received a concussion during Auburn's Saturday morning football scrimmage. After visiting the doctor, it was apparent he would not be feeling well and would not make it in time for photos, but that did not stop him from coming.

"I told her I would take her, so I'm going to do that," Lutzenkirchen said, as he traveled from Auburn to Marietta on Saturday evening.
"We just have a special relationship. She makes me crack up, and she has that gift where she just lights everyone up. She deserves a great prom."

And even though Lutzenkirchen was not able to make the photo session, Casey Carroll had another date as 25-year-old Chris Melka, the son of her life-long swim coach Barbara Melka, got his hair cut and dressed in his tuxedo on an hour's notice to be Casey Carroll's stand-in. He held her hand as she walked from one photo location to another, telling her she looked beautiful.

"Casey's one of the most popular kids in the school. The teachers, students, everyone will tell you that," Tommy Carroll, Casey Carroll's father and a football coach at Lassiter, said. "I'll take her to Publix every Sunday and they all know her and love her. Everyone loves Casey. She's hard not to love."

Tommy and Sue Ann Carroll said the entire Lassiter community has come together to support their daughter on her big day. The parents wanted to get her a limousine for her big night, but were disappointed when they found out it would cost a staggering $900.

So when Kyle Cooper of Property Masters and Corey Agee of the law firm Agee Fisher Barrett found out that Casey would not be going to the prom in a limo like many of the other prom attendees, they pitched in with other Lassiter alumni to pay for her limo, as well as flowers and a dinner gift card.

Casey Carroll will graduate in May, after which her parents said they will expect her to get a job and pay rent for her room at their home. "We've raised her just like we've raised our other three kids," Sue Ann Carroll said. "But I have to say she's the least of our worries. She's taught us to be more patient, kind and accepting. We wouldn't be the people we are now without her." As the limousine pulled away, Sue Ann Carroll wiped her eyes and smiled. "She told me all day she's a woman now. But she's still my little girl."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Lutzenkirchen's a Good Kid
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
Cool story. Big Lutz gots a big heart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:02:52 AM »
Nice story!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:47 AM »
Warm fuzzy moment.  :wartim:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:19:09 AM »
I'm guessing she is fat or ugly...or both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »
I'm guessing she is fat or ugly...or both.
Someone skimmed the article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32:56 AM »
Someone skimmed the article.
I did only skim it ...does she not have what you call the "social skills"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
That's because Casey Carroll, full of laughter, jokes and smiles, was born with Down Syndrome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 09:48:33 AM »
ahhh... foot n mouth = yummy

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:51:28 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:57:05 AM »
ahhh... foot n mouth = yummy

I thought of this episode as I was reading the article as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 10:03:58 AM »
ahhh

foot n mouth = yummy

Fuckin' asshole.

Next thing you are gonna say you hated Corky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 10:07:29 AM »
Fuckin' asshole.

Next thing you are gonna say you hated Corky.
He was a ginger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 10:11:25 AM »
I have never had a warm and fuzzy so spectacularly ruined.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 10:21:28 AM »
The x defined...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
good read... :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »
Excellent read.  Frutzenschlongen is a good egg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 11:06:55 AM »
ok, now that all the "awwww aint that sweets" are out of the way, on to more important things......

Lutz's concussion......... how serious? Is he going to be another in a long line of potential superstars that never makes it due to injury? (ie concussion prone)...how much practice will he miss?  what is his long term prognosis?

What is Auburn's current depth at TE look like?  If he is out for a while that aint good.......

Come on guys, we need more details and some follow up to the seriousness of this situation........phuck prom...skipped mine, cut grass all day instead and made a butt load of money that was not blown on some flusie.

WAR EAGLE
 :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »
ok, now that all the "awwww aint that sweets" are out of the way, on to more important things......

Lutz's concussion......... how serious? Is he going to be another in a long line of potential superstars that never makes it due to injury? (ie concussion prone)...how much practice will he miss?  what is his long term prognosis?

What is Auburn's current depth at TE look like?  If he is out for a while that aint good.......

Come on guys, we need more details and some follow up to the seriousness of this situation........phuck prom...skipped mine, cut grass all day instead and made a butt load of money that was not blown on some flusie.

WAR EAGLE
 :bar:
In his own words, it does not appear to be that serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 11:20:13 AM »
In his own words, it does not appear to be that serious.

good to hear.....hope it does not become a chronic issue with the young man.

thanks for the follow-up

WAR EAGLE
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati