Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

John Saunders: Racism is Alive and Well

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
John Saunders: Racism is Alive and Well
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »
Several years ago, Rush Limbaugh's short stint as a football "Expert" came to a close with the purportedly racist remarks he made on air.  I forget the actual remarks he made but vividly recall the firestorm of overblown, politically correct diatribe that followed.  One thing that stood out to me was a radio interview done with ESPN's John Saunders to get his expert analysis on Limbaugh's remarks.

Saunders ripped into Limbaugh like no one else I'd heard to that point and the guy interviewing him asked Saunders, "How are Rush Limbaugh's comments any different from those made by people like Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin etc."  The interviewer proceeded to quote Sanders and others where they had joked at different times about players' ability or lack thereof, because they were white.  Although these were well documented remarks, Saunders' only reaction was to say, "I can only comment on what I know about and I haven't heard those remarks."  He further refused to even speculate.

This was not the first time that I had heard Saunders play the race card in his commentary and today, he throws out another needless shot.  This morning, he comes on with the Sports Reporters segment from Daytona and he and the panel start discussing the biggest story going, Roger Clemens and his testimony before Congress.  All agreed that Clemens had hurt himself badly but then out of the blue, here comes good ole' John Saunders.

"Yes, but don't they have an obligation to go after Clemens now after the way they've pursued an African American, Barry Bonds?"

He turns to the next guy on the panel who gives him a quick look like, "Yeah...whatever you dumb fucker" and immediately moves the topic to Clemens wife and her role in the whole thing.  Probably 3 people were actually watching that show and I'm sure I'm the only one that noticed this.  I may be in the "Minority" here but I'm of the opinion that racism will never die out until folks like John Saunders, Jessie Jackson, Alvin Holmes and many others let it die.  To consistently bring up racism where there clearly is none just keeps it alive and well in people's minds.

Rant off.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Aubie16

Re: John Saunders: Racism is Alive and Well
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:47:25 PM »
John Saunders is a fool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 09:25:08 PM »
Several years ago when a law office burned in Tusgeege or somewhere near, he came on air and said that Auburn had hand in it. Not fans, not boosters, AUBURN. It had something to do with Tot.

Shortly there after, he had to make an on-air apology.

He is an oozing mommy part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
"(The Tuskegee News) had been very critical of Auburn's football program and several alleged NCAA violations," Saunders said on the program.

"The paper's publisher, Paul Davis, said after the articles he received three death threats and calls from some of the Auburn trustees, including the phrase, 'May your soul rot in hell."

"Davis refused to be bullied and the paper kept after the story. Last week, Davis' newspaper burned to the ground," Saunders said.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 01:17:24 AM »
John Saunders is a fool.

And a black one at that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 07:38:39 AM »
And a black one at that.

That so negative toward the color black.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 12:48:53 AM »
It's really all just a plot by the man to bring down their people......

...just sayin'...

:silence:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions