Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Oh wow...I was moved

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Oh wow...I was moved
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 11:04:53 PM »
You have no idea what I'm talking about.  Sometimes I think you just play dumb on purpose.  

As it pertains to Lebo, I said repeatedly (and you can look it upNo...you provide us the links bitch.) that it only takes a good coach one season, two tops to show marked improvement.  You know what you have at the end of two and if it's not dramatically improved it's likely not gonna be.  

That's ALL I ever said.  Gradual improvement my ass.  Turn it around in two or you're not going to. Used Bruce Pearl as a classic example on a couple of occasions.  

I said you only needed one good player and a decent supporting cast to turn a program from nothing to respectable. Said it fifteen dozen times probably.

You -- and others -- laid excuse after excuse after excuse and tried to explain that I was just being negative, that he needed more time, blah-de-blow-de-frickin-blee.   Y'all were wrong.  Big surprise there.

So the Rider says EXACTLY what I've said for four long years -- that he should be markedly improved by year two "No Excuses"  and that it only takes one player to dramatically change the dynamic.  Yep. That's pretty much been my basketball matra verbatim for a fifth of a score.  

Link?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:18:48 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010, 08:05:57 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »
After reading through this whole thread, I only got a few things out of it all but the main thing is, wow I have only seen post made by Kaos and other aliases that he was truly happy. One was the snow day last year that he made a trek to Auburn for and this, the new Auburn B-Ball coach. I do agree in part about what Kaos is saying. Barbee is something to be excited for sure. The guy has the pedigree. On the other hand, Kaos, the lack of "personality" and the use of the cliche from Chizik has to do in part of his military upbringing. You can downplay that all you want but this does play a major part in the personality of a man. Now, I am one to believe that this personality is one that he uses for those that is not in his inner-circle. The recruits, recruits parents, and the current players love this guy. This is what truly matters. In the end, if Auburn is either winning or showing signs of progress then the fans and media will be behind him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions