Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Blue Ray Player wit wifi

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
Blue Ray Player wit wifi
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:10:09 AM »
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Internet+Connectable/Wi-Fi+Ready+Blu-ray+Disc+Player/9740471.p?id=1218165049301&skuId=9740471

Anybody got one of these or thought of buying one?  I've got a ps3 that my 10 yr old stole to his room, so I have the laptop that I guess I could use a cable to my big tv, but I was in the market for a new Blue Ray player and thought the internet connection could be cool to see stuff on my tv like hulu.  any thoughts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Blue Ray Player wit wifi
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:22 PM »
Have you seen the new 3D tvs with the new 3D blue rays? I know this really isn't on topic, but I've heard watching football games in 3D is pretty badass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:20:57 PM »
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Internet+Connectable/Wi-Fi+Ready+Blu-ray+Disc+Player/9740471.p?id=1218165049301&skuId=9740471

Anybody got one of these or thought of buying one?  I've got a ps3 that my 10 yr old stole to his room, so I have the laptop that I guess I could use a cable to my big tv, but I was in the market for a new Blue Ray player and thought the internet connection could be cool to see stuff on my tv like hulu.  any thoughts.
I have an Lg that connects with an ethernet cable to the internet and I love it. Streaming Netflix and Youtube kicks ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
You may want to check the specific model you're looking at, because I don't think any right now give you a truly free internet experience. Just certain internet "apps".

I have a BluRay that connects with Ethernet. And it's just sorta "meh."

Yeah, it has YouTube and Netflix apps, but I don't have Netflix, and I don't use any of those apps because...

I also have a computer hooked up to my 56" via HDMI. I watch all my "borrowed" movies on it. And can go to the actual YouTube (as well as Hulu, etc.), or TigersX for that matter.

This is what I have.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103234

They're apparently discontinued and hard to find, but if you can come across one, I highly recommend it.

And let me know, because I want another for my other TV.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AspireRevo-AR1600-U910H-Desktop-Windows/dp/B002O3W44Q/ref=pd_cp_pc_1
Mine's a AR3610-U9012.

That's a AR1600-U910H.

Close and very similar, but mine's more awesome.

That one doesn't have wifi, and runs Windows XP instead of 7.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 06:15:36 PM »
Mine's a AR3610-U9012.

That's a AR1600-U910H.

Close and very similar, but mine's more awesome.

That one doesn't have wifi, and runs Windows XP instead of 7.

While Windows 7 has proven to be stellar, XP has no major issues.  As far as the wireless issue, you could just use a USB adapter.  Other than that, the CPU, and HD are the same.  The only major issue that I see is that you would have one less GB of RAM, but I doubt that will make a difference considering the manner in which you're going to use it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin