No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Death at a Funeral
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:38:22 AM »
Tell me if I'm wrong.  

Didn't I see this movie (recently) with an all white British cast -- and the same midget?  Even the trailers are strikingly similar -- right down to the line about the donkey.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:41:31 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
Tell me if I'm wrong.  

Didn't I see this movie (recently) with an all white British cast -- and the same midget?  Even the trailers are strikingly similar -- right down to the line about the donkey.

Who doesn't love a story about donkeys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:08:51 AM »
Who doesn't love a story about donkeys?

It's good enough to tell twice...

Is it not odd that they'd remake a movie less than three years after the original? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »
Certainly out of the norm to say the least.

However maybe it is like having two versions of The Office.  I actually like the English version better.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 10:14:01 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »
Yeah, I actually did know about the British version.

I didn't mention it because I think it certainly takes away from this version. As a general rule, remakes (especially Hollywood versions of recent foreign films) suck compared to the original. As another general rule, British humor cracks my shit up.

However, despite being a carbon copy of another film, this one looks pretty original in another sense. It's the first movie I know of to be a black comedy in both senses of the word. I'm a big fan of the "dark humor" variety. Not so much typically a fan of the Soul Plane variety.

Consisting of a mostly black ensemble cast, yet none of these actors typically appear in those types of movies that typically call for one.

It appears that the rule of this movie is black = British from the original, and white = American from the original, as far as the characters go (The guy that gets drugged, and the dwarf were both Americans in the original).

That's the only reason I can see that they went with the same dwarf. I would have thought with the way this was redone they would have gone with Tony Cox (the dude from Friday & Bad Santa).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:29 AM »
That's the only reason I can see that they went with the same dwarf. I would have thought with the way this was redone they would have gone with Tony Cox (the dude from Friday & Bad Santa).

Think of the money they would save on rehearsals as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 08:09:55 PM »
It appears that the rule of this movie is black = British from the original, and white = American from the original, as far as the characters go (The guy that gets drugged, and the dwarf were both Americans in the original).
Just watched the original tonight.

I was wrong on this assumption. I knew the guy that played the guy that gets slipped pills was an American actor, but he plays a limey in this.

It was a funny movie, though. Still kind of interested in seeing the remake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 07:37:10 AM »
Just watched the original tonight.

I was wrong on this assumption. I knew the guy that played the guy that gets slipped pills was an American actor, but he plays a limey in this.

It was a funny movie, though. Still kind of interested in seeing the remake.

It doesn't bother you to drop this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:11 AM »
you dug deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions