AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Big Cat Weekend II: Die Harder
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
Big Cat Weekend returning to Auburn

By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News

March 01, 2010, 10:44AM

Auburn recruiting is returning with more attention-grabbing efforts this year, and that's why the Tigers have scheduled another Big Cat Weekend this spring.

This year's version will be May 28 and promises to attract another crop of big-time recruits. Why do it again? This is why: Last year's Big Cat attracted 22 players, and Auburn ultimately signed 10 of them. They helped Auburn finish with a Top 5 recruiting class nationally.

AuburnSports.com and AuburnUndercover.com and Inside the Auburn Tigers are reporting the return of the Big Cat today, and they have some details. The Tigers will be looking for 25-or-so high school seniors-to-be on campus. Many of the players who signed out of last year's Big Cat Weekend will return to lend support.

"We want to build off of last year. We want to make it even better,'' said Auburn recruiting coordinator Curtis Luper.

Signing from last year's Big Cat were LaDarius Owens, Eric Mack, Shon Coleman, Trovon Reed, Jake Holland, Jawara White, Kenneth Carter, Jeremy Richardson,  Shaun Kitchens and Jessel Curry.

The Tigers will likely be smarter in this Big Cat, as in, not running up secondary NCAA violations like last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Big Cat Weekend II: Die Harder
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
Hell Yeah...This year is gonna be bigger and better, for one, about all of the '10 signees will be there...that about 20 extra recruiters right off the bat, not counting current players.  It'll be interesting to see who gets invited and/or who's able to make it down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Hell Yeah...This year is gonna be bigger and better, for one, about all of the '10 signees will be there...that about 20 extra recruiters right off the bat, not counting current players.  It'll be interesting to see who gets invited and/or who's able to make it down.

And if I hear about you calling out the recruits names this year, Ima gonna send Jumbo after you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
Good luck!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 03:32:05 PM »
And if I hear about you calling out the recruits names this year, Ima gonna send Jumbo after you.
Two Fisted till the very End.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:36:05 PM by HogBear »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »
I just wonder if the same people, that thought last year's "Big Cat Weekend" was stupid, will come out again and say how stupid it is.

"I didn't really have a leader before 'Big Cat'," (LaDarius Owens) said. "But I got to know all of the coaches real well, just hang out with them. I got to see another side of them. I got to see that they really cared about you."

"After that, I was pretty much all Auburn."

"I never forgot about that weekend," said Mack. "Even when I was committed to South Carolina, Big Cat was something I thought about a lot."

"We will get to see everybody again, build even better relationships with the coaches and players, and also hang out with the recruits," said Dyer.  "I think it will definitely help out a lot. I think it will be a big deal."

"Big Cat Weekend I" was on June 2nd, 2009.

RB
Lache Seastrunk (committed to Oregon in Jan., *Auburn stopped recruiting him after "BCW"*)
Marcus Lattimore (committed to USCe in Feb.)

WR
Shaun Kitchens ("BCW" solidified his commitment to Auburn)
Jeremy Richardson (committed to Auburn on June 5th)
Trovon Reed (committed to Auburn in Nov. on his mother's birthday, stated "BCW" was a big part)

OL
Shon Coleman (already committed to Auburn)
Eric Mack (committed to Auburn in Jan.)
Chase Hughes (committed to Miss in Sept.)

DE
Tank Sessions (committed to FSU in July)
Ken Adams (committed to LSU in Jan.)

DT
Kenneth Carter (committed to Auburn in July)
Damien Jacobs (no Auburn offer, committed to FSU in Sept.)

LB
Jake Holland (already committed to Auburn, big recruiter during "BCW")
Jawara White (committed to Auburn on June 8th)
Jessel Curry (de-committed from WVU and committed to Auburn on June 16th)
LaDarius Owens (committed to Auburn in Sept., stated that "BCW" was the turning point)
Khairi Fortt (committed to PSU in Oct. *Auburn stopped recruiting him after "BCW"*)
Nigel Terrell (committed to FSU in Aug.)

DB
Ryan Ayers (committed to GT on June 19th)
Deion Belue (committed to SPuat on June 20th)
Dquan Menzie (no Auburn offer, committed to SPuat in Jan.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:47:54 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
I just wonder if the same people, that thought last year's "Big Cat Weekend" was stupid, will come out again and say how stupid it is.

"Big Cat Weekend I" was on June 2nd, 2009.

RB
Lache Seastrunk (committed to Oregon in Jan., *Auburn stopped recruiting him after "BCW"*)
Marcus Lattimore (committed to USCe in Feb.)

WR
Shaun Kitchens ("BCW" solidified his commitment to Auburn)
Jeremy Richardson (committed to Auburn on June 5th)
Trovon Reed (committed to Auburn in Nov. on his mother's birthday, stated "BCW" was a big part)

OL
Shon Coleman (already committed to Auburn)
Eric Mack (committed to Auburn in Jan.)
Chase Hughes (committed to Miss in Sept.)

DE
Tank Sessions (committed to FSU in July)
Ken Adams (committed to LSU in Jan.)

DT
Kenneth Carter (committed to Auburn in July)
Damien Jacobs (no Auburn offer, committed to FSU in Sept.)

LB
Jake Holland (already committed to Auburn, big recruiter during "BCW")
Jawara White (committed to Auburn on June 8th)
Jessel Curry (de-committed from WVU and committed to Auburn on June 16th)
LaDarius Owens (committed to Auburn in Sept., stated that "BCW" was the turning point)
Khairi Fortt (committed to PSU in Oct. *Auburn stopped recruiting him after "BCW"*)
Nigel Terrell (committed to FSU in Aug.)

DB
Ryan Ayers (committed to GT on June 19th)
Deion Belue (committed to SPuat on June 20th)
Dquan Menzie (no Auburn offer, committed to SPuat in Jan.)

Ah, but the real question is....what will your skreets say about commitments for that weekend?  That's part "having fun" with "skreets" and part "I really wonder".  Texas had a junior day a couple weekends ago and got 13 commitments at one time.  Crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »
Here will be Auburn's extra recruiters, not counting current players...list could change:

QB
***** Cameron Newton (already enrolled)

RB
***** Michael Dyer (stated that he wants to experience "BCW" and help recruit)
** LaDarius Phillips (In-state signee)

WR
**** Trovon Reed
**** Jeremy Richardson
*** Shaun Kitchens

TE
**** Brandon Mosley (already enrolled)

OL
**** Rozell Gayden (already enrolled)
***** Shon Coleman
**** Eric Mack
*** Dakota Mosley (possibly coming in with Dyer)
*** Chad Slade (In-state signee)

DE
**** Craig Sanders (already enrolled)
*** Justin Delaine (In-state signee)

DT
**** Kenneth Carter

LB
*** Jessel Curry (already enrolled)
**** Jake Holland (big recruiter during "BCW I")
**** LaDarius Owens
*** Jawara White

DB
*** Demetruce McNeal (possibly coming in with Kitchens)
*** Ryan Smith (In-state signee)

ATH
*** Chris Davis (In-state signee)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:16:35 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »
Ah, but the real question is....what will your skreets say about commitments for that weekend?  That's part "having fun" with "skreets" and part "I really wonder".  Texas had a junior day a couple weekends ago and got 13 commitments at one time.  Crazy.

Not crazy at all actually. Its become the norm at Texas now to have 80% of the their commits from both Jr days. Mack Brown has it down to an art now. But then again - you almost have to be a screw up NOT to be able to recruit at Texas. And yes - they had a few screw ups before Mack.

People laugh at this but its very true. Many teams stopped recruiting him shortly after. MOST teams don't like a prima donna. When LSU stops recruiting because of this, then thats very bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 10:19:13 AM »
Not crazy at all actually. Its become the norm at Texas now to have 80% of the their commits from both Jr days. Mack Brown has it down to an art now. But then again - you almost have to be a screw up NOT to be able to recruit at Texas. And yes - they had a few screw ups before Mack.

People laugh at this but its very true. Many teams stopped recruiting him shortly after. MOST teams don't like a prima donna. When LSU stops recruiting because of this, then thats very bad.
Lache Seastrunk is a complete douche bag. I will be shocked if he makes it past his second season at Oregon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
I think you mean Pre-Madonna
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »
I think you mean Pre-Madonna
It's a mute point now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Token

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
It's a mute point now.

And we really could care less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
Alternate titles for this thread, by the way:

Big Cat Weekend II: When Nature Calls
Big Cat Weekend II: The New Batch
Big Cat Weekend II: A Tale of Two Kitties
Big Cat Weekend II: The Secret Of The Ooze
Big Cat Weekend II: The Legend Of Curly's Gold
Big Cat Weekend II: Citizens On Patrol
BCWII: Judgement Day
Big Cat Weekend At Bernie's II
Big Cat Weekend Too
Big Cat Weekend: The Golden Recievers
Big Cat Weekend: Havanna Nights
Big Cat Weekend: The Next Generation
Big Cat Weekend: The Squeakquel
Big Cat European Weekend
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
Big Cat Weekend II: Where Da White Women At

Big Cat Weekend II: Fuck West Vance Right In Da Mouf
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
Big Cat Weekend II: Chizik’s Revenge
Big Cat Weekend II: Return To Auburn
Big Cat Weekend II: Operation Tigers
Big Cat Weekend II: Beyond Jordan Hare Stadium
Big Cat Weekend II: The Wrath of Malzahn
Big Cat Weekend II: Signing Day
Big Cat Weekend II: The Next Generation
Big Cat Weekend II: In it to Win it
Big Cat Weekend II: Rise of a Coach
Big Cat Weekend II: Unfinished Business
Big Cat Weekend II: The Next Chapter
Big Cat Weekend II: Attack of the Recruits
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Aubie16

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 04:02:09 PM »
Trooper Taylor discusses Big Cat Weekend:

On his goals for the event:
"We want to carry the momentum over from last year. It was tailored for the top players in the country. You didn't want to bring just anybody. We wanted the top players to come and meet each other and build a relationship.
It wasn't about who could run a 40 or who could jump high or how much they weighed. It was about relationships and the family atmosphere. It took a life of its own. Everywhere we go, people ask: Can we come to the Big Cat? You can't just tell a few kids. They all talk, they all know about it."

On how the first BCW changed things for the 2011 recruits:
"They've been asking us about it, when it's going to be, who's going to be there. It's almost like having another tradition. It's viral. It spreads. That's something we're really proud of.
Getting them interested is a big step. Auburn is different; once you come and see it, it's hard to forget it. By the time they leave here, they know exactly what we're talking about."

On if Auburn will cap the number of participants:
``Nah. We don't want it to get so big that we can't be personable. If the top 150 wanted to come, we sure wouldn't turn them down. If I've got receivers I like and there are five of them, I want all five of them here. We want it to be fun. We want it to be a good time. We want them to get to know about Auburn. We also want them to meet each other and get to know each other."

On his expectations after getting hit with secondary violations last year: ``The whole point is to get the kids here, to get them on campus and get to know them. If some of the pageantry is taken away, that's fine. We always want to respect the rules. That's never something we're going to take lightly. At the same time, you want to be on the cutting edge. You don't want to be in the box; you want to be on the outside."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 05:20:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »
Did you do that one?  We gotta get it out on the presses if you did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."