Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on da skreets, regarding Daren Bates*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Word on da skreets, regarding Daren Bates*
« on: February 26, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
He'll be getting a strong look at OLB.  It'll be interesting to see how his shoulder holds up to the big uglies.  He's going to have to get a little bit bigger, but I do know this, he'll be able to cover better than any of our current LBers on roster.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:10:36 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: *Word on da skreets, regarding Daren Bates*
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
He'll be getting a strong look at OLB.  It'll be interesting to see how his shoulder holds up to the big uglies.  He's going to have to get a little bit bigger, but I do know this, he'll be able to cover better than any of current LBers on roster.
He would still be sorta small-ish, even for an OLB. He's listed as 5'11" and 195 lbs. I know he just had shoulder surgery to fix his shoulder issues, I'm just not sure you would want to throw him in there. He is pretty good where he is....why fuck with that?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:11:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »
Yo skreets are a little slow.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=5657554
Well, as we all know, those ARE his skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »
He would still be sorta small-ish, even for an OLB. He's listed as 5'11" and 195 lbs. I know he just had shoulder surgery to fix his shoulder issues, I'm just not sure you would want to throw him in there. He is pretty good where he is....why fuck with that?
They're probably just looking at him there just to get him some reps.  Somewhat of a drop down Safety...kinda like Troy Polamalu, but without the flowing mane.

"small-ish....5'11"
Fuck You!!

Signed,
Rennie Curran
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:21 PM »
They're probably just looking at him there just to get him some reps.  Somewhat of a drop down Safety...kinda like Troy Polamalu, but without the flowing mane.

"small-ish....5'11"
Fuck You!!

Signed,
Rennie Curran
I think it will be more of a change in defensive scheme that brings a safety down to act as a hybrid SS/OLB in certain situational sets, much like UT did with Eric Berry (such as many teams do really), if anything. Not so much a position change, just a change in scheme I suppose. I don't think he is going to be cleared for contact until after Spring ball anyway, so I just can't really see a flat out position change. Just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:14:13 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
Well, as we all know, those ARE his skreets.
Nope...didn't get it from Scout.  I actually saw it on Rivals, yesterday afternoon, but it was a facebook status post.  Just like the Scout post.  So, I waited until it was confirmed that he was, in fact, getting a look at LBer...and it has been confirmed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
OK, so you waited to post it til it was confirmed.  But once it is confirmed, why can't you just say "According to Rivals/Scout/ESPN..."?  By giving credix to da skreets, you make it sound like confidential insider DKW stuff.  This is why people pick on you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
I think it will be more of a change in defensive scheme that brings a safety down to act as a hybrid SS/OLB in certain situational sets, much like UT did with Eric Berry (such as many teams do really), if anything. Not so much a position change, just a change in scheme I suppose. I don't think he is going to be cleared for contact until after Spring ball anyway, so I just can't really see a flat out position change. Just my opinion though.
That's what I was thinking too...Plus, it's going to be interesting to see how McNurra comes in and plays.  Yeah, he's not going to be cleared for contact until Fall practice, even then, it might be somewhat limited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
OK, so you waited to post it til it was confirmed.  But once it is confirmed, why can't you just say "According to Rivals/Scout/ESPN..."?  By giving credix to da skreets, you make it sound like confidential insider DKW stuff.  This is why people pick on you.
Maybe because I didn't get my confirmation from Rivals/Scout/ESPN.  The only thing that I'd seen was a comment on Daren's facebook post....that's hardly concrete.

"I wish people would stop telling me to transfer, I'm staying at Auburn" - Tyrik Rollison (2 weeks ago)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »
Maybe because I didn't get my confirmation from Rivals/Scout/ESPN.  The only thing that I'd seen was a comment on Daren's facebook post....that's hardly concrete.
**facepalm**

...never mind.  Not worth it.

Your skreets rock.  :bow:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
*Skreets*

Daren Bates will be getting work at the Sam position alongside Junior Eltoro Freeman.  Senior Craig Stevens will be moving from the Sam to the Will position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 09:29:17 PM »
He would still be sorta small-ish, even for an OLB. He's listed as 5'11" and 195 lbs.

That's what he was coming out of high school, I'm pretty sure he played most of last year bigger than that, and is probably even bigger now.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's already 210-215.  15-20 lbs isn't much to put on in the first year out of high school.

Freeman is listed at 220 and Craig Stephens at 223.  I don't think it would take much for Bates to play in that weight range. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
That's what he was coming out of high school, I'm pretty sure he played most of last year bigger than that, and is probably even bigger now.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's already 210-215.  15-20 lbs isn't much to put on in the first year out of high school.

Freeman is listed at 220 and Craig Stephens at 223.  I don't think it would take much for Bates to play in that weight range.  
OK, I took his stats off of the AuburnSports.com website from the roster and assumed that was current and accurate. I agree with everything in your post. I was assuming he was 195 AFTER a year in college, and thought it would be improbable that his frame would hold another 20-25 lbs. I thought he was around 175 coming out of HS.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 09:46:53 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:36:02 PM »
I'm not crazy about the idea but it will probably be limited as mentioned. Bates looks like a strong safety.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 11:18:29 AM »
I was assuming he was 195 AFTER a year in college, and thought it would be improbable that his frame would hold another 20-25 lbs. I thought he was around 175 coming out of HS.
Daren Bates 5'11" 195lbs. 4.5 Olive Branch, MS. (5 Grillz)

That's what you get for ASSuming
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »
I'm hoping for the return of Savage and Etheridge. Any news from da skreets on their progress?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 01:59:16 PM »
I think Roof is looking to find a plug for that gaping hole he leaves in his 10-15 yard pass defense.  Bates coming in and playing more of an OLB/ SS role would seem to suggest this.   He'll still be a Safety but play in both roles I'd imagine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
If Daren Bates is a legit 5 feet 11 inches, I'm tall enough to play NBA basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »
If Daren Bates is a legit 5 feet 11 inches, I'm tall enough to play NBA basketball.

How's your cross-over dribble?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions