Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More proof that being recruited by Alabama is like 'Fatal Attraction'

Mr. Sensible

http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631098265/m/2221024669

You won't be able to see all of the images (unless you post over there) but there are plenty available for a casual observation.

To follow up on the headline:
Saban: When we offer and someone commits - its over.
Translation: You ever love me to death or it'll be the death of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: More proof that being recruited by Alabama is like 'Fatal Attraction'
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
That can't be right.  RWS has told us over and over that Saban encourages these kids to take their visits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:07:31 AM »
They didnt want him anyway. He wouldnt have survived Cochran's workouts. We only want winners at the Crapstone. He is a loser....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:46 AM »
That can't be right.  RWS has told us over and over that Saban encourages these kids to take their visits.
Region, along with numerous other recruits have said Saban encourages them to take visits. He simply encourages them to take their visits before committing, and if you do commit, then you commit. Region said he didn't want to be "locked in a box" by Alabama. Well, he was the one that committed nearly as soon as he got his offer. If he didn't want to go by those rules, then don't commit. I find the "pressure to commit" thing to be bullshit. Why would the coaches put somebody who said the following under some kind of immense pressure:

I grew up an Alabama fan. I love Alabama. I have always hoped one day I will get to wear the crimson and white. It will hurt if I don't get to do that. Alabama is my overall favorite. I feel at home there. I love it down there. I have been going down there for so many years that I just feel comfortable.

There are a lot of schools I'm interested in but Alabama is without a doubt my favorite. I've been an Alabama fan my whole life and I love everything about the way Coach Saban runs that program. I really feel like I have the skills and the talent to help the team and I'm going to work as hard as I can to show the Alabama coaches that I can compete. It's my dream to play in Bryant-Denny Stadium one day so I'm going to keep working toward that dream for the next year

Bottom line is, the kid wants some attention, and AU wanted to take a dig at Alabama. Both sides were happy to oblige. Reese Dismukes is a good example of how somebody that wants to make an early commitment changes their mind in a level headed manner. He is a lifelong AU fan, and was set to make his announcement this week. Some thought that Alabama might have a good shot at him. However, in a recent interview, he said he was calling off his commitment because he wanted to take some time and take visits before he committed to a program. Nothing wrong with that. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:28:07 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
Region, along with numerous other recruits have said Saban encourages them to take visits. He simply encourages them to take their visits before committing, and if you do commit, then you commit. Region said he didn't want to be "locked in a box" by Alabama. Well, he was the one that committed nearly as soon as he got his offer. If he didn't want to go by those rules, then don't commit. I find the "pressure to commit" thing to be bullshit. Why would the coaches put somebody who said the following under some kind of immense pressure:

Bottom line is, the kid wants some attention, and AU wanted to take a dig at Alabama. Both sides were happy to oblige.

Bullshit.

The UA coaches put him under pressure because they are feeling the pressure. They are just coming off a NC and they got "beat" in recruiting by Auburn. They lost one of their big time players, and Auburn closed on 2 of the players that Alabama wanted. SABAN is the one that wanted to show Auburn what was up and have a big time in state recruit commit. SABAN pressured him so that he could take a jab at Auburn and relieve some of the pressure on him.

It back fired...

I have no proof to back this up, but this is just my opinion. Why else would this have happened this way? Why else would a life long Alabama fan all of a sudden commit to the enemy? It was either a boat load of money, or he didn't like how Saban was trying to play him. I am betting on the second.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:36 AM »
Redirecting to the intent of the original post, the response from the masses is staggering.

Lloyd Loser Bammer Fan: "He didn't choose tha Tahd?!? Well fuck him! I want to burn his house down and shit on his truck."

Chipper: "Hail yeah! Fuck this loser! Saban RULZ!!!!!! Let's go beat him up in the woods."

Seriously, this is sick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
Redirecting to the intent of the original post, the response from the masses is staggering.

Lloyd Loser Bammer Fan: "He didn't choose tha Tahd?!? Well phuk him! I want to burn his house down and poop on his truck."

Chipper: "Hail yeah! phuk this loser! Saban RULZ!!!!!! Let's go beat him up in the woods."

Seriously, this is sick.

Sounds similar to USCe hammering on Mack when he didnt commit to the cocks. Well, if Region pays attention to the internet then he will see how he is being thought of by the mullet nation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 10:01:57 AM »
Bullshit.

The UA coaches put him under pressure because they are feeling the pressure. They are just coming off a NC and they got "beat" in recruiting by Auburn. They lost one of their big time players, and Auburn closed on 2 of the players that Alabama wanted. SABAN is the one that wanted to show Auburn what was up and have a big time in state recruit commit. SABAN pressured him so that he could take a jab at Auburn and relieve some of the pressure on him.

It back fired...

I have no proof to back this up, but this is just my opinion. Why else would this have happened this way? Why else would a life long Alabama fan all of a sudden commit to the enemy? It was either a boat load of money, or he didn't like how Saban was trying to play him. I am betting on the second.
Again, how exactly does a lifelong Alabama fan, who has "dreamed of running out of the tunnel at BDS", who has been "waiting my whole life for this offer", who has visited Alabama for years, all of a sudden feel pressured to commit?

You know, this is sort of amusing. When I posted a follow-up on Mike Thornton, who told the UGA Rivals site in an interview that he was pressured by AU to commit on the spot, you guys trot out a million excuses why this kid is full of shit. A kid who is an obvious headcase says Alabama pressured him into committing, and its the damn truth. A kid who couldn't tell the media quick enough how he has forever dreamed of playing at Alabama. No ifs, ands, or buts. It has to be right.

WE, perhaps our coaches were ready to fish or cut bait. And you know, somtimes, indecisiveness of others leads to frustration and impatience. Some of these kids try to play folks. Right???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
Sounds similar to USCe hammering on Mack when he didnt commit to the cocks. Well, if Region pays attention to the internet then he will see how he is being thought of by the mullet nation.

You bring up an interesting point. How much do these kids read their own press?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
As if AU fans would be SO different if the shoe were on the other foot. Please. I can deal with an in-state kid getting away from Alabama, and I can deal with him going to AU. I don't think anybody is so much upset that he committed to AU, its moreso the fashion in which he did it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Again, how exactly does a lifelong Alabama fan, who has "dreamed of running out of the tunnel at BDS", who has been "waiting my whole life for this offer", who has visited Alabama for years, all of a sudden feel pressured to commit?

You know, this is sort of amusing. When I posted a follow-up on Mike Thornton, who told the UGA Rivals site in an interview that he was pressured by AU to commit on the spot, you guys trot out a million excuses why this kid is full of shit. A kid who is an obvious headcase says Alabama pressured him into committing, and its the damn truth. A kid who couldn't tell the media quick enough how he has forever dreamed of playing at Alabama. No ifs, ands, or buts. It has to be right.

WE, perhaps our coaches were ready to fish or cut bait. And you know, somtimes, indecisiveness of others leads to frustration and impatience. Some of these kids try to play folks. Right???

You're a dumb ass...

360 days before signing day is a little different that 15 days before signing day. I could see if Saban was trying to squeeze a bit on say January 18, 2011, but it is Feb. 2010.

You can spin this how you want, but I am sticking to my theory. One question, why do you need to cut bait 350 days before signing day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
As if AU fans would be SO different if the shoe were on the other foot. Please. I can deal with an in-state kid getting away from Alabama, and I can deal with him going to AU. I don't think anybody is so much upset that he committed to AU, its moreso the fashion in which he did it.

You had a chance there to distance yourself from the idiots and you decided to stand in line with the :drool:. You could/should have posted, "This is ridiculous. People that act like that should get a lap. Etc." But no, you have to get all defensive and bring up the "ya'll ain't no better" card bullshit argument.

:homer:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 10:11:43 AM »

Whatever bammer, I have seen the way you folks treat the defectos. Maybe not so much you bro, but I have seen it and heard, and it isn't pretty. This statement that you have just made os BULLPOOP. Maybe you might see a little jabbin' going on here because it's just tongue and cheek, but I have also seen how the vast majority of Auburn fans react to a recruit that they loose out on and its much MUCH more of a handclap than the bammers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:12:56 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 10:18:26 AM »
Whatever bammer, I have seen the way you folks treat the defectos. Maybe not so much you bro, but I have seen it and heard, and it isn't pretty. This statement that you have just made os BULLPOOP. Maybe you might see a little jabbin' going on here because it's just tongue and cheek, but I have also seen how the vast majority of Auburn fans react to a recruit that they loose out on and its much MUCH more of a handclap than the bammers.
Some of our fans are idiots, yes. Some of them will trash a recruit over going to AU. But, the same could be said for some Auburn fans as well. All I'm saying is if you think every single AU fan is so much better, you must not venture to other AU boards very much. Whether you like it or not, each side has idiot fans. Every fanbase has them. And every fanbase is going to pick out those idiots from the other side to try and make their point. We could sit here and debate all day what side does what, and what side doesn't. In the end, the argument would be in the same exact place as it started.

The moral of the story? Hold me accountable for what I say, not for what others say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »
Some of our fans are idiots, yes. Some of them will trash a recruit over going to AU. But, the same could be said for some Auburn fans as well. All I'm saying is if you think every single AU fan is so much better, you must not venture to other AU boards very much. Whether you like it or not, each side has idiot fans. Every fanbase has them. And every fanbase is going to pick out those idiots from the other side to try and make their point. We could sit here and debate all day what side does what, and what side doesn't. In the end, the argument would be in the same exact place as it started.

The moral of the story? Hold me accountable for what I say, not for what others say. 

This thread is about "fringe" Bama fans. I'm sure you'll post one from "fringe" Auburn fans soon. Until then, either join in the mocking of the idiot Bama fans or move along.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »

Except when you make him look like an idiot so then he ignores your questions in your post...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:32:17 AM »
You're a dumb ass...

360 days before signing day is a little different that 15 days before signing day. I could see if Saban was trying to squeeze a bit on say January 18, 2011, but it is Feb. 2010.

You can spin this how you want, but I am sticking to my theory. One question, why do you need to cut bait 350 days before signing day?
The last part of my reply were direct quotes from people on this board defending AU from Thornton's comments. The cut bait comment was your quote. Again, simply pointing out how hypocritical most of you are.

I don't know whether Region was pressured or not. One way I can actually see this happening is that he was told there are limited spots in this class, and its on a first come first served basis. Do whatever you want, but remember, you shop we shop. I would not be shocked if Alabama only took between 17-20 kids in this class due to numbers. Take a look at the 2010 class. Alabama signed 23 kids, and half of the class (13) was committed in June 2009. If you're going to take 20 kids, and say Alabama saw the same type of thing (13 kids committed in June 2010), that cuts it awful close as far as getting a spot. I think its pretty safe to say this kid wanted a spot. If that is his definition of "pressure", then he has alot to learn about recruiting. If not, well, we might never know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
The last part of my reply were direct quotes from people on this board defending AU from Thornton's comments. The cut bait comment was your quote. Again, simply pointing out how hypocritical most of you are.

I don't know whether Region was pressured or not. One way I can actually see this happening is that he was told there are limited spots in this class, and its on a first come first served basis. Do whatever you want, but remember, you shop we shop. I would not be shocked if Alabama only took between 17-20 kids in this class due to numbers. Take a look at the 2010 class. Alabama signed 23 kids, and half of the class (13) was committed in June 2009. If you're going to take 20 kids, and say Alabama saw the same type of thing (13 kids committed in June 2010), that cuts it awful close as far as getting a spot. I think its pretty safe to say this kid wanted a spot. If that is his definition of "pressure", then he has alot to learn about recruiting. If not, well, we might never know.
It's different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »

1. I never said "cut bait" on anyone. How can that be my quote? You said,
2. If "half of the class was committed in June 2009", if you have the same results in 2010, that would still leave 5 FUCKING MONTHS.
3. Alabama has only 2 commitments at this time, don't start using the "we didn't have room for him anyway" bullshit.
4. Please show proof of how "we rolled out millions of excuses on how Thorton was full of shit".
5. It is not obvious to me this guy is a "head case" as you have said. What proof other than he didn't choose UA makes you think that. This is part of you and your fan bases arrogance.
6. You didn't answer my question. Assuming that your WHOLE class is filled in June of this year, why do you need to "cut bait" the first weekend in February?

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
Bammer are like monkeys in so many ways. Wear protective gear when you back a Bammer in a corner because all they know how to do at that point is throw shit at you. They also get louder and louder when one of them gets upset as a sort of noisy self-defense mechanism.

Similar thing happened in a totally different setting. Bammer guy posts something to me on FB to the fact that "negative posts about the weather" were not what makes God happy. I replied that he was stretching a bit on that and that most FB post (like anything else on the Internets) is just fodder and mood release.

His response - "Roll Tide." That's right. That's all he had.

Monkeys and Bammers. Relatives no doubt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:53:31 AM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions