Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is pretty awesome

jadennis

Re: This is pretty awesome
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
I would have been pretty pissed off as well if a few guys planted a cooler right on your face. If you go back and watch, thats why he had a pissed off look. They were running and dumped the Gatorade, and at the same time, knocked the poop out of him with the tub.

if you were just sitting in your living room and someone bounced a cooler off your dome, yeah you'd be "pissed".  But put this incident in context.  If you were a player and you just won the title, everyone is jumping around celebrating and you accidentally got kneed in the nuts....sure it hurts, but you wouldn't get all pissy at the teamate.  You would continue to celebrate in pain.

I just think you have to be an asshole by nature to turn pissy because they knocked your head with a plastic cooler....during a national title celebration
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »
26-2 with a National Championship in the last two seasons, and Saban's style is still an unknown?  Maybe we're about to see if Chizik's family style works, but I think it's safe to say the "business" approach works.

I should have been more specific.  Sorry. 

We're about to see which style works better against each other in future Iron Bowls because both coaches will have talent to use for the next few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
Neither approach works long term in exclusivity.

Assholes are typically successful in the short run because they motivate based on fear. If that's all you have to offer people grow tired of your act, your ability to exert your will erodes and it burns down.

The opposite approach works longer but always seems to come up a bit short.

Got to have some of both to be successful over the long haul. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
Go back to work, dumbass, things were cool around here today without your frothing at the mouth.

Nope.  Not bullshit.  Kicked a FG to beat Hazlewood, actually.  Kicker was a project of mine.  I headbutted him and almost blacked out.  Everything went grey.
I'm through with my work....atleast for a few days.  I'm givin' my boys from da skreets a few days off.  Oh yeah, how 'bout that Top 3 Signing Class?  So, ya think Coach Chizik hired a bunch of really good to great recruiters or what?  No need to praise me on all of the great recruiting info, save DT Byran Jones, it was all 'bout da skreets...I was just passing along the information.  See, kaos, I could've done like you and rubbed your face in it, that my information have been correct many, many more times than they've been wrong...but, I just pass along the info.

BTW, I noticed that Coach Stoops landed some really good recruits for Notre Dame.  Now what I don't get, why was Coach Brian Kelly standing in for Coach Stoops when interviewed by ESPNU on ND's recruits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Aubie16

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »
I'm through with my work....atleast for a few days.  I'm givin' my boys from da skreets a few days off.  Oh yeah, how 'bout that Top 3 Signing Class?  So, ya think Coach Chizik hired a bunch of really good to great recruiters or what?  No need to praise me on all of the great recruiting info, save DT Byran Jones, it was all 'bout da skreets...I was just passing along the information.  See, kaos, I could've done like you and rubbed your face in it, that my information have been correct many, many more times than they've been wrong...but, I just pass along the info.

BTW, I noticed that Coach Stoops landed some really good recruits for Notre Dame.  Now what I don't get, why was Coach Brian Kelly standing in for Coach Stoops when interviewed by ESPNU on ND's recruits?

Prowler, it is the manner in which you pass this information that annoys people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
Prowler, it is the manner in which you pass this information that annoys people.

Plus the fact that he was never actually right about anything.  Nor was he wrong.  When you bracket every statement qualifiers like "he will unless..." then you haven't really said anything at all, have you?  It will rain. Unless it doesn't.  There. I predicted the weather.  Boom. motherfucker.

I'd rather be wrong occasionally -- as my info was about Stoops agreeing in principle to take the ND job (which he actually might have done, but nobody will ever know for sure) -- than I would to never say anything of consequence at all.  And spend millions of butchered words expressing that nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 06:35:19 AM »
Plus the fact that he was never actually right about anything.  Nor was he wrong.  When you bracket every statement qualifiers like "he will unless..." then you haven't really said anything at all, have you?  It will rain. Unless it doesn't.  There. I predicted the weather.  Boom. motherfucker.

I'd rather be wrong occasionally -- as my info was about Stoops agreeing in principle to take the ND job (which he actually might have done, but nobody will ever know for sure) -- than I would to never say anything of consequence at all.  And spend millions of butchered words expressing that nothing. 
Wrong.  Stop being stupid.  Epic Fail.  Eyes are bleeding.  Going to kick anthills.

BTW, where's your little fuckbuddy...greasey?  I figured that he would be all over the board congratulating the coaching staff for the wonderful job that they did....oh well, I guess he's one of those bammers that just can't stand it that Coach Chizik and Co. beat out his beloved Sheban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

You were wrong on countless others Prowler...most notably Coleman. You said, several times I might add, that he was going to Alabama...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 01:31:06 PM »
Bull. Fucking. Shit.
Please use the provided emoticons  :bs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

You were wrong on countless others Prowler...most notably Coleman. You said, several times I might add, that he was going to Alabama...
Just for reference....

BTW, I've already made my comment on Coleman....I'm not saying that he "may sign" with SPuat, I'm saying that he will.

Its sort of amusing. When you nail him down for a specific yes or no response on a specific yes or no question, he fails. Enter "well he was, but you know, recruiting shit changes direction in a matter of seconds", etc argument, stage right.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:43:46 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
EXTREME LANGUAGE HEREIN. NSFW

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:42:18 PM by Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 01:44:02 PM »
I'm going to say I prefer the Chizik approach because players want to win with a coaching staff like that. It's like working for a person(s) like that. I would put out the extra effort and go beyond for someone who is passionate about what they do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions