Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Really good Latt Article

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Really good Latt Article
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
God Damn.  Seriously?

He was giving you a sarcastic response because of "you could AT LEAST argue that AU" in your previous post.   He's not arguing with you.  Just poking fun at your "at least" attitude, as if Auburn hasn't won anything, or has to overcome serious hurdles to even remotely have a chance.
God Damn.  Seriously?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »
So, its a given AU will win one? I mean, what do you want me to say here? Pre-season, I thought Alabama would have to be really lucky to get to the SECCG again in 2009 because we were replacing our starting QB with an unproven backup, starting RB, and over half of the OL. Auburn is replacing their starting QB with an unproven QB, possibly a true freshman at RB, and next season will replace the entire OL. Odds are against AU the next few seasons, like it or not. I'm not saying its impossible, but why wouldn't I hold AU to the same standard of doubt that I held my own team to?

I know what the intent of the post was, and I knew where it was going.
It is a given that AU will not win a championship...

in Basketball, this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
It is a given that AU will not win a championship...

in Basketball, this season.
Yeah, I can't believe you guys are building a new arena for that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »
God Damn.  Seriously?

The point was, he wasn't debating with you.  You then exploded into debate anyway.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 12:20:09 PM »
The point was, he wasn't debating with you.  You then exploded into debate anyway.  
Your definition of "exploding into debate" must seriously differ from mine. What I posted wasn't mean to debate with him, as I felt no need to debate it. Fuck, am I allowed to create posts, or do I need to get it cleared through you first?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:22:15 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 12:21:15 PM »
Your definition of "exploding into debate" must seriously differ from mine.

Ha.  Maybe.  Of course I've seen some seriously exagerated terms describing less. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
Your definition of "exploding into debate" must seriously differ from mine. What I posted wasn't mean to debate with him, as I felt no need to debate it. Fuck, am I allowed to create posts, or do I need to get it cleared through you first?
If you add the word shtick or flaccid to every post, consider them approved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
If you add the word shtick or flaccid to every post, consider them approved.
I think I can handle that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 01:16:35 PM »
http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/01/watching_the_marcus_lattimore.html

Watching the Marcus Lattimore Watch
By Kevin Scarbinsky -- The Birmingham News
January 29, 2010, 7:01AM

Did you know that, when Marcus Lattimore was 2 years old, he fell off a slide and broke his leg?

Did you know that the running back is a pretty mean bowler?

Did you know that Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church in Spartanburg, S.C., where the five-star prospect will announce his college choice of Auburn or South Carolina next Tuesday at 6 p.m., the night before signing day, can hold 600 people or more?

Did you know that his announcement is open to the public?

I did, and now you do, too, thanks to the Lattimore Watch, a special feature on the Web site of The State newspaper in Columbia, S.C.

The site within the site is quite a sight. It's a heady mix of background and updates, though it tells us not to expect a peep out of the player or his family until his announcement.

The site is a bit breathless, no doubt like the defenders and coaches who've been chasing him. To its credit, it's not nearly as fascinating or disturbing as the Miami Herald recruiting diary of former linebacker phenom Willie Williams out of Florida, who once turned heads and stomachs with his tales of wretched excess on the recruiting trail.

That diary almost single-handedly changed NCAA recruiting rules, ruining a good thing for future would-be phenoms.

This isn't that. No, the Lattimore Watch is an entertaining and informative sign that no nugget of information is too small when it comes to a five-star running back. So, you know, it's a sign of the times.

That SC media is crazy-exgirlfriend-level-obsessive. The Mack meltdown will be nothing compared to what it looks like will ensue if he signs with the good guys.

I will say though, that I don't think it bodes well that he's announcing at his church. Like "I'm staying home, guys. I'll be playing for the team all you people want to see me play for."

Again, just my opinion, and I definitely hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:17:06 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 02:35:36 PM »
 Some of us think that two DTs such as Whitaker and Thornton are as important as another back so where do we stand with those kids? Lemonier? 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:58:17 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 03:32:36 PM »
I think everyone hopes we get Lemonier and Whitaker as much as Lattimore (Thornton is dead to us), but just like most people, the 5-star running back is a little flashier (and has more drama surrounding him do to being out of state).

The fact that he wants to win championships bodes well for us.

The fact that he is announcing at his church bodes well for us (he probably feels safe around people he and his family are close to).

The fact that it's open to the public does not bode well for us.  I would think that if he was announcing for Auburn, he would want a controlled environment, not a mad house (I would think his church would want the same thing).  To me, this kind of makes me think he's going to announce South Carolina (which will bring huge cheers), and then announce that he believes they can win an SEC title in the next 3-4 years (which will bring bigger cheers).

Or maybe the first two facts I listed will win our in favor of Auburn.   :popcorn:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »
On a separate note, I don't think going to South Carolina would hurt his chances at making the NFL.  If he's that good, he could still make it.  

Anthony Dixon is NFL bound despite playing for bad MSU teams.
Willie Parker of the Steelers sat the bench at North Carolina.
Brandon Jacobs wasn't going to get much time behind Caddy and Ronnie, so he played at Southern Illinois.
Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell were nobodies, yet they both had far more touches than Reggie Bush.

As you all know, this list goes on and on for pages and pages if we want.   If the kid is good enough, avoids injuries, stays in school, etc...he'll be in the NFL whether he goes to Auburn, South Carolina, or East Carolina, or Eastern Michigan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
On a separate note, I don't think going to South Carolina would hurt his chances at making the NFL.  If he's that good, he could still make it.  

Anthony Dixon is NFL bound despite playing for bad MSU teams.
Willie Parker of the Steelers sat the bench at North Carolina.
Brandon Jacobs wasn't going to get much time behind Caddy and Ronnie, so he played at Southern Illinois.
Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell were nobodies, yet they both had far more touches than Reggie Bush.

As you all know, this list goes on and on for pages and pages if we want.   If the kid is good enough, avoids injuries, stays in school, etc...he'll be in the NFL whether he goes to Auburn, South Carolina, or East Carolina, or Eastern Michigan.
South Alabama?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 03:50:04 PM »
South Alabama?

Sorry, not currently.

South Carolina
South Carolina State
South Dakota
South Dakota State
South Florida

Those are all the "South" schools currently represented in the NFL.

Please strike my entire argument from the record and proceed as if you did not hear (read) it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »
I think everyone hopes we get Lemonier and Whitaker as much as Lattimore (Thornton is dead to us), but just like most people, the 5-star running back is a little flashier (and has more drama surrounding him do to being out of state).

The fact that he wants to win championships bodes well for us.

The fact that he is announcing at his church bodes well for us (he probably feels safe around people he and his family are close to).

The fact that it's open to the public does not bode well for us.  I would think that if he was announcing for Auburn, he would want a controlled environment, not a mad house (I would think his church would want the same thing).  To me, this kind of makes me think he's going to announce South Carolina (which will bring huge cheers), and then announce that he believes they can win an SEC title in the next 3-4 years (which will bring bigger cheers).

Or maybe the first two facts I listed will win our in favor of Auburn.   :popcorn:

Not to drag you into the ongoing saga, but this is exactly what Prowler does and it drives Kaos into mad rampages. I imagine its ok coming from you.

For the record, I have no problems with exploring and discussing the multiple motivations and factors that could play into a recruit's decision. Just wanted to point that out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »
Not to drag you into the ongoing saga, but this is exactly what Prowler does and it drives Kaos into mad rampages. I imagine its ok coming from you.

For the record, I have no problems with exploring and discussing the multiple motivations and factors that could play into a recruit's decision. Just wanted to point that out.

Not to drag back, but I never claimed to know anything about anything in my entire post. 

No one told me anything, I don't claim to know anything (followed by also expecting the opposite)...no texts, no emails, no tweets, no skreets.

I don't think people guessing out loud bothers Kaos at all.  I probably shouldn't speak for Kaos on that, but that's my guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
Not to drag back, but I never claimed to know anything about anything in my entire post.  

No one told me anything, I don't claim to know anything (followed by also expecting the opposite)...no texts, no emails, no tweets, no skreets.

I don't think people guessing out loud bothers Kaos at all.  I probably shouldn't speak for Kaos on that, but that's my guess.

Doesn't bother me.  There's no posing here.  There's no bullshit "heard on da skreets" nonsense.  Guess all you want, just admit that it's a guess and not some nugget of valuable information you received via the bat phone next to your drill press.  

Sancho misjudges me.  

I ridicule Prowler because it's funny to me.  And I can't exist without a foil.  I have to have one or this exercise is meaningless to me.  I have to have somebody to kick around for fun.  Prowler serves because when you question his sources, you trigger a days long retard-fest.  It makes me laugh.  

My rampages, as it were, are almost always calculated missiles intended to create a desired outcome.  The times I've truly been pissed off or personally vested are rare.  Not that they don't and haven't exist/existed, but they are not frequent. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:45:28 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Doesn't bother me.  There's no posing here.  There's no bullshit "heard on da skreets" nonsense.  Guess all you want, just admit that it's a guess and not some nugget of valuable information you received via the bat phone next to your drill press.
Yes, that is one crusade, but there was another over, as you saw it, claiming "This will happen, unless this does". I (and he) tried to explain to you that he wasn't claiming anything about an inside source, or even a prediction on what would happen, but simply explaining why he thinks he might choose one school or another. Not whether or not he will.

I ridicule Prowler because it's funny to me.  And I can't exist without a foil.  I have to have one or this exercise is meaningless to me.  I have to have somebody to kick around for fun.  Prowler serves because when you question his sources, you trigger a days long retard-fest.  It makes me laugh.  
This is surprising to no one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 05:32:28 PM »
Yes, that is one crusade, but there was another over, as you saw it, claiming "This will happen, unless this does". I (and he) tried to explain to you that he wasn't claiming anything about an inside source, or even a prediction on what would happen, but simply explaining why he thinks he might choose one school or another. Not whether or not he will.

There were never two crusades, they were all the same thing.  All of Prowler's bullshit is prefaced by or linked to his "sources."  Right now my "source" (same as one of his major ones) is tuned to Disney Channel since my daughter is home from school and it's raining outside.  I'm probably getting just as much legitimate information from whatever tween hoochie this is on my screen as he does.  

That was always the crusade.  Prowler can't say what he thinks.  He has to couch it all in nonsensical "I know" shit and cryptic "got me a text message" manure.  

But whatever, it's all in fun.  Even he knows that.  Pretty sure he does, anyway.  If we were ever to meet, I'd call him a dumbass to his face and then he would buy me some food. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:33:13 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »
Jeeze...
http://blog.al.com/birmingham-news-sports/2010/02/to_hear_marcus_lattimores_deci.html

To hear Marcus Lattimore's decision, arrive early for a parking space
By Charles Hollis -- The Birmingham News
February 01, 2010, 9:02PM
We can't make this up. Marcus Lattimore, the nation's top-ranked running back according to Rivals  and Scout, will announce his decision Tuesday around 5-5:30 p.m. CST at Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church in Spartanburg. 

If you're going, better get there early, a church official is telling the media.

The church is limited to 600 attendees, which will be comprised mainly of family, close friends and the community, according to an e-mail from a family spokesman. 

Parking at the church will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis, and access to the church will not be provided to the general public before 3 p.m. CST. 

And if you're going, and still have some questions, contact Silver Hill Memorial United Methodist Church at (864) 587-2018 or by e-mailing enveemarketing@yahoo.com. 

When you're the nation's top running back and from a small town, this is the kind of turnout you can expect. Tune in Tuesday for Lattimore's decision - it's between South Carolina and Auburn, but you already know that. 

The word coming out of South Carolina is that Lattimore is leaning to the Gamecocks, but then that's just what we're hearing out of South Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions