Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why do I continue to listen to Paul Finebaum?

Mr. Sensible

Why do I continue to listen to Paul Finebaum?
« on: January 28, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »
Why do I subject my ears, my brain to that drivel?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Why do I continue to listen to Paul Finebaum?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Why do I subject my ears, my brain to that drivel?

I am not sure sensi. You are a smart guy. I quit listening to his garbage years ago. If everyone else would, he would go out of business. Ratings and reactions drive him. Starve the animal I say....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
I am not sure sensi. You are a smart guy. I quit listening to his garbage years ago. If everyone else would, he would go out of business. Ratings and reactions drive him. Starve the animal I say....

Yeah, I turned him off today. I can't do that anymore. It makes my head hurt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »
In one offhand comment, Finebaum revealed his true agenda.

When asked why Auburn and ua fans couldn't get along without the same hatred by the same retards day after day he replied:

"we just had the best ratings in the history of the show and what happened over the last four months..."

Ratings mean dollars. We no longer matter. It is full scale Auburn bashing from here on out.

He slams us, the morons call to chuckle. He pays a couple of fools to play Auburn fans, slams them and more morons call to chuckle.  He gets ratings, he gets rich.

Whatever credence he may have had as a journalist is long gone. He's a smart guy. His money is made pandering to the lowest of the low.

In financial terms he's Check 'n to Cash to legiimate media's Regions Bank.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 07:31:43 PM »
In one offhand comment, Finebaum revealed his true agenda.

When asked why Auburn and ua fans couldn't get along without the same hatred by the same retards day after day he replied:

"we just had the best ratings in the history of the show and what happened over the last four months..."

Ratings mean dollars. We no longer matter. It is full scale Auburn bashing from here on out.

He slams us, the morons call to chuckle. He pays a couple of fools to play Auburn fans, slams them and more morons call to chuckle.  He gets ratings, he gets rich.

Whatever credence he may have had as a journalist is long gone. He's a smart guy. His money is made pandering to the lowest of the low.

In financial terms he's Check 'n to Cash to legiimate media's Regions Bank.

Yep. 

And in the grand scheme of things, his show doesn't matter.  Some silly rumors get started on there, but nothing of substance will ever come from Finebaum.  At least, nothing that will greatly affect Auburn football.  If it's worth noting then it originated somewhere else, and Finebaum just picked up on it. 

Auburn fans should refrain from listening to his show (although I can't say that I don't tune in) because we're only helping him get rich.  We aren't helping our image or fighting the bad guys.  We're simply handing him advertising dollars.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Ogre

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
I quit listening to his show a few months ago, and I've been better for it.  I actually changed the preset on my radio from JOX to that other talk radio station that used to be the Vulcan.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
The only thing that burns me about F'bomb is the fact that HE is the one called onto the shows on ESPN and other outlets to represent all of Alabama sports.

Sometimes I wonder if ESPN actually listens, or has any clue on who they're asking to come on their shows most of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »
The only thing that burns me about F'bomb is the fact that HE is the one called onto the shows on ESPN and other outlets to represent all of Alabama sports.

Sometimes I wonder if ESPN actually listens, or has any clue on who they're asking to come on their shows most of the time.

They do not.  Nor do they care.

He gets called because his show is the most popular on the biggest radio network.  He gets called because he's built a  reputation for controversy with his outlandish claims.  He also gets called because he, in turn, calls them.  His producers have done a good job in getting him ingratiated with the ESPN people.  They take his calls.  They won't answer Jay Barker or Jim Dunaway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:04:58 AM »
The main problem as I see it is expecting a different result from any media outlet.  They publicize whatever gets the wow and sells copy.

Integrity is no longer something aspired to be by most journalists whether they be print, radio, or television.

I expect no quarter from any of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:49 AM »
They do not.  Nor do they care.

He gets called because his show is the most popular on the biggest radio network.  He gets called because he's built a  reputation for controversy with his outlandish claims.  He also gets called because he, in turn, calls them.  His producers have done a good job in getting him ingratiated with the ESPN people.  They take his calls.  They won't answer Jay Barker or Jim Dunaway. 

No kidding.

Sounds like a great topic for ESPN:60.   Have them do a segment on media bias, and it's effect on the college football recruiting scene, and the real effect on the kids themselves. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions