Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Da real Skreets

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Da real Skreets
« on: January 26, 2010, 11:38:22 PM »
I have linked some of you guys to this guy and some of you already knew but I'm gonna go ahead and bring this out in the open. Follow the link:
http://wareagleauburn.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352:roller-coaster-ride&catid=37:auburn-recruiting
Some of you may laugh but let me tell you, this guy has been spot on; lets just say 95% accurate. I don't know where he gets his info but its been fo real. I will warn you some of you ahead of time, there is alot of sunshine pumping (thanks Kaos), but the info from AUSportstalk is pretty good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Da real Skreets
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
I have linked some of you guys to this guy and some of you already knew but I'm gonna go ahead and bring this out in the open. Follow the link:
http://wareagleauburn.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352:roller-coaster-ride&catid=37:auburn-recruiting
Some of you may laugh but let me tell you, this guy has been spot on; lets just say 95% accurate. I don't know where he gets his info but its been fo real. I will warn you some of you ahead of time, there is alot of sunshine pumping (thanks Kaos), but the info from AUSportstalk is pretty good stuff.

Okay, so if he's 95%, then when he says somebody is 80%, I have to multply 80 x 95, carry the one...

Uhhh.... anybody do math?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
Okay, so if he's 95%, then when he says somebody is 80%, I have to multply 80 x 95, carry the one...

Uhhh.... anybody do math?

It comes to a 76% chance.

(yes, I know you weren't actually asking for the answer)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:25 AM »
His Byran Jones math doesn't make much sense though.  He's an Arkansas "lean" and they are "still his leader".  But the next sentence says Auburn and Arkansas are neck-and-neck....but that we have a 60% chance of signing with us?  Interesting. 

Bryan Matthews said some source close to Jones said Arkansas is up 70/30.  Matthews (and most everyone) thinks it's closer than that, but that Arkansas does have a little lead.  I agree, since Jones' quote was that to him both schools were equal.  If they are equal, seems the closer one would win out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »
His Byran Jones math doesn't make much sense though.  He's an Arkansas "lean" and they are "still his leader".  But the next sentence says Auburn and Arkansas are neck-and-neck....but that we have a 60% chance of signing with us?  Interesting. 

Bryan Matthews said some source close to Jones said Arkansas is up 70/30.  Matthews (and most everyone) thinks it's closer than that, but that Arkansas does have a little lead.  I agree, since Jones' quote was that to him both schools were equal.  If they are equal, seems the closer one would win out.
I noticed this inequity as well.

I hope we can close strong, but it's looking like a couple of our top targets are dropping off...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
Only time will tell. Oh, Koas, the percentage value was for reference only. As far as the guy from this particular website, I'll take him over any of the pay sites. I have followed his recruiting updates since this past summer and will say he hasn't got them all right but pretty damn close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
Only time will tell. Oh, Koas, the percentage value was for reference only. As far as the guy from this particular website, I'll take him over any of the pay sites. I have followed his recruiting updates since this past summer and will say he hasn't got them all right but pretty damn close.

He's a little prowlerish in that he's got an out for everything. 

"If he signs with Auburn it will be because he likes that there's a Chick Fil A in Haley Center.  If he doesn't, it's because his girlfriend prefers Popeyes and there's not one within seven miles of campus." 

That kind of stuff is usually just made up bullshit and used as a crutch so that no matter WHAT happens, he can say he was right. 

Look, I know how this works.  It's been a while -- well, about 13 years -- but I used to work for a recruiting service.  I was the one that talked to all these guys and wrote the profiles and made the predictions and did the ratings.  I know that they'll say one thing today and another tomorrow and will have a different story depending on who is asking.  I also know that the way questions are asked can drive the response.  And I also know that there are some who can be buffaloed.  You put it out there in writing that they said they are leaning and all of a sudden they actually are, even when that "lean" may have been your own interpretation of an innocuous statement.

That's one reason I find Prowler's bogus, gleaned from the internet "skreets" so utterly ridiculous.  When I was doing it, i talked to these kids a couple of times a week.  I talked to all of them within two days of signing day. And there were STILL some that surprised me.  Fact is? Nobody knows shit.  It's all complete speculation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
Well I'm not going to deny the fact that nobody really knows until it the dotted line is signed and that things can change in a heartbeat. All I am saying is that based on all the recruiting services out there and the recruiting "gurus", this guy has been more accurate than any that I have followed. Also, its free. Another thing there are a couple guys on this site that have their own connections and I sometimes like to do my own cross referencing. In the end we have to take this recruiting stuff with a grain of salt and for entertainment purposes only.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »
...but I used to work for a recruiting service.  I was the one that talked to all these guys and wrote the profiles and made the predictions and did the ratings.  I know that they'll say one thing today and another tomorrow and will have a different story depending on who is asking.  I also know that the way questions are asked can drive the response.  And I also know that there are some who can be buffaloed.  You put it out there in writing that they said they are leaning and all of a sudden they actually are, even when that "lean" may have been your own interpretation of an innocuous statement.

That's one reason I find Prowler's bogus, gleaned from the internet "skreets" so utterly ridiculous.  When I was doing it, i talked to these kids a couple of times a week.  I talked to all of them within two days of signing day. And there were STILL some that surprised me.  Fact is? Nobody knows shit.  It's all complete speculation.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Those Jeff Davis magazines were Awesome.  Said I was a 2* OG 6'4" 285lbs., 4.8 40, 440lb. Bench Max, 650lb. Squat Max, 28 ACT, 3.4 GPA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »

Those Jeff Davis magazines were Awesome.  Said I was a 2* OG 6'4" 285lbs., 4.8 40, 440lb. Bench Max, 650lb. Squat Max, 28 ACT, 3.4 GPA.

Didn't work for Jeff Davis.  At least I don't think I did.  Which magazine did he put out? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:54:39 PM »

You ran more like a 5.8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 02:56:11 PM »
You ran more like a 5.8
Plus, he's only about 5'9"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Here's what I really was...this was when I was 18.  6' 265lbs., 4.8 40, 415lb Bench, 550lb Squat, 18 ACT, 2.9 GPA....so the only thing that Jeff Davis uh, Kaos, was correct on was my 40 time....Haystack in a room of needles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »
Here's what I really was...this was when I was 18.  6' 265lbs., 4.8 40, 415lb Bench, 550lb Squat, 18 ACT, 2.9 GPA....so the only thing that Jeff Davis uh, Kaos, was correct on was my 40 time....Haystack in a room of needles.

I'm calling bullshit on 4.8 40...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »

It was measured in minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »

I can throw this ball over those mountains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 06:20:30 AM »
call it whatever you want, but that's what I ran.  I ran it in college too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 06:45:31 AM »
call it whatever you want, but that's what I ran.  I ran it in college too.
After the Tib-Fib?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 09:38:19 AM »
I can still run a 4.5 / 40........sometimes. It just depends on who is chasing me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions