Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lemonier

jadennis

Lemonier
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »
Most people have thought that Corey Lemonier has known where he wanted to go for a while now, and he has made that clear in the last day or two, saying he's known for two weeks.  It's supposedly down to Auburn, Florida State, and Miami.

He took officials to Auburn and Florida State, but hasn't visited Miami officially or unofficially, and hasn't decided if he will.

Looking at what he had to say about each place, I feel pretty good about Auburn's chances.

For FSU, he said that they are close to home, being in Florida, and that they have good players coming in.

For Miami, he said how it's really close to home, has a friend that goes there, and likes one of the coaches.

For Auburn he said two or three times about how the "family" atmosphere appealed to him, and how we have a lot of good recruits coming in.

To me, and this is just my observation of his quotes, his comments about Auburn seem much more heart-felt.  With the Florida schools, the biggest thing they seem to have going for them, aside from being traditional powers, is simply that they are in the state of Florida.  I feel his comments on Auburn are much more personal, mentioning the "family" thing more than once.

Anyway, he knows, but won't tell the rest of us until NSD.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:41:01 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Lemonier
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
This article had me worried...

http://auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2010/1/20/six-blue-chippers-near-decisions
Six blue-chippers near decisions

By J.C. Shurburtt, ESPN.com
Posted Jan 20, 2010
Copyright © 2010 AuburnUndercover.com

ESPN.com's J.C. Shurburtt takes a look at six uncommitted blue-chippers from the Southeast and where he believes they will sign on Feb. 3.

These are his opinions, not necessarily those of AuburnUndercover.com.

There are six uncommitted players from the Southeast among the top 100 prospects in the 2010 ESPNU 150. Here's a look at the latest "educated guesses" as to where they will end up. As you can see, there's a chance for a classic Florida State finish if the Seminoles land the prospects that we think they can land.

Marcus Lattimore: This one is a tough call between Auburn and South Carolina, but Lattimore recently went public with the Tigers as his leader and there is supreme confidence in Auburn about this one. Former Tigers star Stephen Davis was the last great running back prospect from Spartanburg County, S.C., where Lattimore is from.

Projection: Auburn

Christian Jones: Other programs haven't stopped recruiting Jones, but Florida State has always had the inside track because of his family ties to the program (his dad and brother both played there). The Seminoles have had to work at this one because it isn't as simple as saying "come on" an it's done. In the end, it's hard to see him ending up anywhere but in Tallahassee.

Projection: Florida State

Chaz Green: Green was impressive during the Under Armour All-American Game. That week he was talking up Tennessee, where both his parents went to school. He appeared Knoxville-bound before head coach Lane Kiffin and several members of his staff left for Southern California. Florida has always been a strong player, and the Gators have an excellent shot to add another talented prospect to the nation's top class.

Projection: Florida

Christian Green: Like Jones, Green has longstanding connections to the Florida State program. He is the cousin of former Seminoles great E.G. Green. Also like Jones, this isn't the easiest sell ever, so you have to credit Jimbo Fisher and his staff for positioning themselves well to land the talented and versatile athlete.

Corey Lemonier: The recruitment of Lemonier has been an interesting one as no clear leader has ever emerged. It was thought for a while that he may follow his teammate, defensive tackle Calvin Smith, wherever he went, but that probably won't be the case now. The talented defensive end made an official visit to Florida State way back on Labor Day. Here is another prospect the Noles and Fisher have done a great job with.

James Stone: Alabama, Auburn and Vanderbilt are the three programs battling it out for the Music City standout. The Crimson Tide have been in good shape for quite some time here and it would surprise a lot of folks to see him sign elsewhere.
Projection: Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »
Yeah, I saw that yesterday I think.  (it was posted today on AUC, but on ESPN yesterday).    Shurburtt's guess is as good as anyone's.  I was just a little encouraged by the quotes he gave to the Miami affiliate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:25:06 PM »
Yeah, I saw that yesterday I think.  (it was posted today on AUC, but on ESPN yesterday).    Shurburtt's guess is as good as anyone's.  I was just a little encouraged by the quotes he gave to the Miami affiliate. 
Shurburtt also said that Auburn and Florida were out of the picture for Eric Mack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:22 PM »
Shurburtt also said that Auburn and Florida were out of the picture for Eric Mack.
:rofl: :haha:

Still riding that imaginary horse?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »

Laugh all you want, it made me feel better about Lemonier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:50:21 PM »

Still eating chocolate?

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:54:02 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »
According to Rivals.com.  Lemonier eliminated Miami, and  will sign with either Auburn or Florida St..

He has talked to Trooper Taylor today and will be talking with Tracy Rocker tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »

I tried to link you up but you aint listening. For this, he speaks truth, skreets or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
He is going to be a tigger. Just got that feeling. I felt the same way about Dyer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban