Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

MaxPreps is less than impressed

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
MaxPreps is less than impressed
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:11:40 PM »
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/zJglEQSyEd-UswAcxJTdpg/top-20-college-football-recruiting-classes.htm

AU and UA both outside the Top 5.  LSU and UGA ranked ahead. 

Just goes to show you, it means virtually nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: MaxPreps is less than impressed
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
Good goobly woobly...what in the hell is wrong with that guy's head?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/zJglEQSyEd-UswAcxJTdpg/top-20-college-football-recruiting-classes.htm

AU and UA both outside the Top 5.  LSU and UGA ranked ahead. 

Just goes to show you, it means virtually nothing.

I saw this morning that LSU lost Spencer Ware to Cal. He is this dudes "Early Impact" signee for LSU. HAHAHA shove it Spiewak...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
Interesting coincidence K, I was on MaxPreps earlier today for the first time in as long as I can remember.  Something led me to SI and I saw MaxPreps and clicked. 

First, you're right, it's all guess work.  However, I have to say, Lemming is way, way different from other services in his rankings.  He has our Jeremy Richardson as the #2 WR in the country and #39  overall.  He also still shows Eric Mack committed to South Carolina.  His lists seem to be "out there" compared to others.  Not just to other services, but compared to what coaches obviously think as evidenced by their offers and pursuit of certain players.

Richardson the #2 WR in the country, but no offer from Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc.  He lists Whitaker as the #18 DT and doesn't have Thornton in the top 25.

Anyway, he could be more accurate than everyone else, but when you compare him to what coaches seem to think, he's stretching on some guys to say the least.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor