No thread on the UK game?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
No thread on the UK game?
« on: January 17, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »
It was scary close.

It was neck & neck to the last second.

UK scores with about 5 seconds to go to go up by 3. Auburn fouls. They hit both of their freethrows, so the game's pretty much over there. We run down the court, miss a 3, get the rebound, then lob up another 3 attept at the buzzer, and miss.

A valiant effort against the #2 team.

It was a loss, but if we could play like that more often, I could be convinced to put the pitchfork away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: No thread on the UK game?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »

It was a loss, but if we could play like that more often, I could be convinced to put the pitchfork away.

This is what's wrong with you and Jacobs and the rest.  You did and are doing the same thing with Chizik. 

One game of quality effort and you're ready to ignore five numbing seasons of suckiness? 

Big picture FAIL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »
This is what's wrong with you and Jacobs and the rest.  You did and are doing the same thing with Chizik. 

One game of quality effort and you're ready to ignore five numbing seasons of suckiness? 

Big picture FAIL. 
Where did I say that? Did you miss the IF portion of my post?

And how does this apply to Chizik anyway?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »
Where did I say that? Did you miss the IF portion of my post?

And how does this apply to Chizik anyway?

It would take a hell of a lot of if to make up for five years of dumbfoolery.

Doesn't everything apply to Chizik?  Watching you guys rollercoaster was pretty fun.  Win a game and "GAAWWWDAMMIT, we were RIGHT, you FUCK!! COACH CHIZIK is by damn awesome!!!1." 

Lose and the pendulum swings back to:

"We got to wait and see, we got depth, we got no quarterback, fuck he fucking sucks, dammit, he sucks. fuck a rabid goat, we are fucked."

Win and recruiting isn't a monumental collapse and we swing back to:

"By Fuckin' DAMN, BLUEPRINT! NEVER, ever ever ever ever recruited like this!!!1"

When in reality, none of the above were really realistic.  He had an average season.  We've recruited pretty well over the last 20 years, some years better than others.  It's not unprecedented by any stretch to have a top five or top ten class. 

But it's fun, anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jadennis

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »
It would take a hell of a lot of if to make up for five years of dumbfoolery.

Doesn't everything apply to Chizik?  Watching you guys rollercoaster was pretty fun.  Win a game and "GAAWWWDAMMIT, we were RIGHT, you phuk!! COACH CHIZIK is by damn awesome!!!1."  

Lose and the pendulum swings back to:

"We got to wait and see, we got depth, we got no quarterback, phuk he phuking sucks, dammit, he sucks. phuk a rabid goat, we are phuked."

Win and recruiting isn't a monumental collapse and we swing back to:

"By phukin' DAMN, BLUEPRINT! NEVER, ever ever ever ever recruited like this!!!1"

When in reality, none of the above were really realistic.  He had an average season.  We've recruited pretty well over the last 20 years, some years better than others.  It's not unprecedented by any stretch to have a top five or top ten class.  

But it's fun, anyway.

Just for the record, most people didn't swing that much during those times.  To me, even a good staff is going to have ups and downs in year one, history has just shown this to be typical.  This team was up and down, as expected.  

As for poo-pooing on the recruiting effort....we have had some success at it in the last 20 years...and the Auburn coaches that proved to be successful at it are the ones that stuck around 10 years and won 85-99 games.  

If this staff is coaching top SEC talent for the next 4 years, we will win, and we will even win big at times I say.  

As for basketball....Lebow should have gotten two years...three at the absolute longest, and only then if he has pictures of Jacobs sucking a monkey.  The fact that we are in year five of this joke is....a joke.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:11:20 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor