Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FWIW Shon Coleman

Token

FWIW Shon Coleman
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
Is now a 5 star on rivals.  Auburn still in 4th team rankings wise, but only 20 or so points behind Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: FWIW Shon Coleman
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
Is now a 5 star on rivals.  Auburn still in 4th team rankings wise, but only 20 or so points behind Bama.
I'm glad kiffin is gone...

I still think we may lose him, but Kiffin helps us a little...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:12:57 PM »
I read a couple of days ago that he's still solid to Auburn and that he's just taking visits just to take them.  Could be BS, but it was at least something encouraging.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »

I don't think the rankings are re-calculated yet.  When you click on Auburn's class, it still shows Coleman as 4-stars.  Also, when you click on the position rankings, it still shows Seastrunk as the #1 running back, but they actually dropped him from the #4 overall to #26 overall.

I could be wrong, but I don't think everything has been updated yet....and that doesn't mean much will change, as other players have been moved up and down in the rankings as well, probably evening out overall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:29:38 PM »
I don't think the rankings are re-calculated yet.  When you click on Auburn's class, it still shows Coleman as 4-stars.  Also, when you click on the position rankings, it still shows Seastrunk as the #1 running back, but they actually dropped him from the #4 overall to #26 overall.

I could be wrong, but I don't think everything has been updated yet....and that doesn't mean much will change, as other players have been moved up and down in the rankings as well, probably evening out overall.

The team rankings have recalculated, per Rivals.  They already have Florida with four 5 star players and Auburn with 3.  They will be updated again directly after the Rivals 250 is updated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »
The team rankings have recalculated, per Rivals.  They already have Florida with four 5 star players and Auburn with 3.  They will be updated again directly after the Rivals 250 is updated. 

You're right (obviously, since they said it) but I also remember Auburn having I think 2,106 points this morning (when I was checking out the Tennessee drop).  Now we have 2,203.

Where is all the conspiracy outcry about how Rivals is run by a bammer and Auburn always gets screwed?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »
Where is all the conspiracy outcry about how Rivals is run by a bammer and Auburn always gets screwed?

Since Chiz isn't after diamonds in the rough, it doesn't exist this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:12 PM »
Since Chiz isn't after diamonds in the rough, it doesn't exist this year.  shut your face

Hey, there is this Anderson man that lives in Athens that is supposedly a bammer booster, giving out fishing trips and laptops.....know anything about this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
So, doesn't that mean we dropped in rank?

Did Florida skyrocket or something? I thought I remembered it being

1) Texas
2) Bama
3) Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »
So, doesn't that mean we dropped in rank?

Did Florida skyrocket or something? I thought I remembered it being

1) Texas
2) Bama
3) Auburn

Yeah, Florida had a big day at the Army game and now has four 5 star players.

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

With the recruits that USC will probably pick up now with Kiffin going west, and the prospects Bama will most likely finish with, I think Florida, Texas and USC will be the top 3. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 01:55:58 AM »
Little ol Auburn can't recruit with the likes of those programs, can it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »
Yeah, Florida had a big day at the Army game and now has four 5 star players.

1) Florida
2) Texas
3) Alabama
4) Auburn

With the recruits that USC will probably pick up now with Kiffin going west, and the prospects Bama will most likely finish with, I think Florida, Texas and USC will be the top 3. 

I agree, USC has a lot to add still.  Don't forget too that Georgia only has 19 committed right now, compared to Auburn's 27.  Depending on who we add and who they finish with, they could creep up too.  Same goes for Penn State....they are ranked #10, but also only have 18.  Lattimore is still a decent possibility for them.  If they land him and a few other 4-stars, they could creep up.

To me, the way this is shaping this year, I'm happy if we're in the top 10 because every program in the Top 10 will have such quality classes that it'll be a toss up as to who gets the most out of the class down the road.  In other words, the odds of our 25+ guys producing as many quality players are not much different than the odds of Texas' class. 

The exception may be Florida, who may actually have, on paper on signing day, the best recruiting class of all time....no lie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »
Is Coleman going to hang with AU? Some folks at ITAT seem fairly nervous about his commitment. Supposedly the biggest threat right now is Ole Miss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Aubie16

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 09:30:36 AM »
It will be a fight to the finish with Coleman. The good news is that he appears to have rescheduled his visit this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

jadennis

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
Part of me thinks Coleman could go either way, but another part thinks the only reason he's up in the air is because he always said from the beginning that he was going to take visits.  After saying that, he was labeled a "soft" commit.  I don't know that he's ever wavered, but just wants to take a couple visits....kids do it all the time. 

But we'll see, it always makes me nervous when a kid visits the home-state school.

I saw two other rumors that were of interest....Ambles is likely to take an official to Auburn next weekend, but that he doesn't have a firm offer from us yet, simply because of space.

I also saw a rumor that Ahmad Dixon called our staff to commit but that we also put him off due to the fact that we may not have room?  This is kind of shocking to me.  I guess the staff still has things prioritized (in no particular order) with Lattimore, Mack, Whitaker, Lemonier, Jones, and maybe DT Calvin Smith or OT Tunde Fariyike....who knows.

If this is true about putting off Dixon and Ambles....I'm amazed that this staff has us in a position that we are having to put off 4 and 5 star recruits....two guys that are ranked in the top 10 at their positions. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »
Part of me thinks Coleman could go either way, but another part thinks the only reason he's up in the air is because he always said from the beginning that he was going to take visits.  After saying that, he was labeled a "soft" commit.  I don't know that he's ever wavered, but just wants to take a couple visits....kids do it all the time. 

But we'll see, it always makes me nervous when a kid visits the home-state school.

I saw two other rumors that were of interest....Ambles is likely to take an official to Auburn next weekend, but that he doesn't have a firm offer from us yet, simply because of space.

I also saw a rumor that Ahmad Dixon called our staff to commit but that we also put him off due to the fact that we may not have room?  This is kind of shocking to me.  I guess the staff still has things prioritized (in no particular order) with Lattimore, Mack, Whitaker, Lemonier, Jones, and maybe DT Calvin Smith or OT Tunde Fariyike....who knows.

If this is true about putting off Dixon and Ambles....I'm amazed that this staff has us in a position that we are having to put off 4 and 5 star recruits....two guys that are ranked in the top 10 at their positions. 

Pulling info from various sites in regards to the Ambles, Dixon situations...

1. Ambles is a former TN commit (which I know you all know), and even though he's thinking about a visit, he hasn't been firm on that until maybe today (was still considering UNC also).   I'm not sure that AU's coaches want to steer him away, but  rather not make a big deal about it with four other firm commitments.  It's not worth risking the solid commits at WR, by bringing in a last minute maybe.  It'll be interesting to see what happens, if he visits, has a slammin' time and then wants to commit, then makes it public.  Do the others all stay firm?  Hmm..

2. Also hearing that Richardson......MIGHT....be having some grade issues.   Not clear on that at all, but I'd love to see someone clear that up.  He's a good kid from what I've read, and I know after committing in his grandfather's hospital room, getting to Auburn means a lot.

3. Dixon seems to be just a clear cut grades issue.  He seems bound for JC wherever he goes.  I think the coaches love his talent, but in a year they're trying to bring in early impact players, they know bringing in Dixon, or accepting a commit from him more than likely will turn into a two year turn before he hits Pat Dye Field.

Just my opinion based on what I've read in other places...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:51:29 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:05 PM »

Dixon was also put off by the Bama staff, but accordingly, it was because of grades and the new 28 rule.  Staff decided they weren't going to sign a kid headed to JUCO.  Auburn's staff probably has the same information.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 05:07:37 PM »
Dixon was also put off by the Bama staff, but accordingly, it was because of grades and the new 28 rule.  Staff decided they weren't going to sign a kid headed to JUCO.  Auburn's staff probably has the same information.

Duh....any 5-star recruit not already committed to Alabama was turned away by teh Saban....we all already knew that.  ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
Don't forget Seastrunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:28 PM »
Duh....any 5-star recruit not already committed to Alabama was turned away by teh Saban....we all already knew that.  ;)

Well, considering we already have two 5 star DBs and three 4 star DBs, I'd say the chances of Bama turning him away is more likely than Auburn.   :cool:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions