Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Super Bowl leaves questions, no answers

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Super Bowl leaves questions, no answers
« on: February 04, 2008, 04:03:21 PM »
Q: Are the New York Giants the best team in the NFL this season?

Kaos says:  No. Not by a long shot. New York got hot at the right time, but the Patriots were the best team in the league from start to finish.  Not that it matters. You get no credit for that. For those of us who clamor for a playoff in college football this is the risk. You'll occasionally have a Boise State or a Rutgers sneak in and then all bets are off.

Q:  Does the SuperBowl loss diminish the achievements of the New England Patriots?

Kaos says:  Damn skippy. With a win, New England would have established itself as one of, if not THE, greatest teams in NFL history.  As was endlessly noted, only the 1972 Dolphins finished a perfect season. NE would have been the second and certainly worthy of being in a discussion that includes those Dolphins, the Steelers from 1978, the 1985 Bears and the 60s era Packers.  Champions are remembered. Runner-ups are eventually footnotes. (That really hurts to acknowledge).

Q:  Why were the Pats so ineffective on offense?

Kaos says:  First, they read too many of their own press clippings. Invulnerable? Unstoppable? Right. And then Brady pulled a Romo, chasing Giselle all over creation -- you can't really blame him, but surely she'd have willingly given it up for a champion.  Brady definitely played like stinky ass the last few games. He missed a couple of wide open receivers, any of which could have changed the game had he not been so off.  New York had a solid defensive gameplan and New England never adjusted. Piss poor coaching in that game.

Q: Will we be subjected to a year of Eli fellatio?

Kaos says:  Sadly yes.  It's going to be all Eli all the time at least until next season and the crash back to earth that's coming.

Q:  What were the Patriots thinking on the scoring play?

Kaos says:  Stupid defensive decision.  For whatever reason, the Patriots stacked the line and left the corners in single coverage.  The blitz didn't get to Eli and I could have made that pass.  He'd already used up his one miracle with the helmet catch and didn't have another one left.  He'd already thrown a couple of passes on that drive that were near interceptions.  Keep doing what you were doing and let the idiot make the mistake he was going to make.  But no.  Send everybody and leave the corner on an island.  That'll work.  FOR A LOSS.   Morons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Super Bowl leaves questions, no answers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »

Kaos says:  No. Not by a long shot. New York got hot at the right time, but the Patriots were the best team in the league from start to finish.  Not that it matters. You get no credit for that. For those of us who clamor for a playoff in college football this is the risk. You'll occasionally have a Boise State or a Rutgers sneak in and then all bets are off.
Disagree with this one.
The Pats = USC (fellated by the media all along the way, ESPN wanted them to win so badly so they could bank on the sensationalist "best team ever" crap, dapper model-dating QB you want to punch in the fucking face) and the Giants = UGA (started off slow but ended up playing the best football when it came to crunch time). I'm all for the team that prevails in crunch time reaping the benefits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:31:48 PM »
I agree with you except for the last point. I don't care one way or the other for Eli, but he played a damn good game. I am a HUGE Brady fan, but ELI out played Brady last night. I thought that Eli would tuck his tail and play like shit, but it didn't happen. The "miracle" was just an unbelievably good play. Eli did a hell of a job escaping pressure and putting the ball in the air to let his team mate make a pay. Hats off to him. Eli played well all night, splitting coverages and putting the ball where only his man could catch it on several occassions...he even had a few drops that were thrown perfectly. He has played like that the last 7 or 8 games and he has been playing some really good football lately!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:33:51 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 03:30:08 AM »

Q:  Does the SuperBowl loss diminish the achievements of the New England Patriots?

Kaos says:  Damn skippy. With a win, New England would have established itself as one of, if not THE, greatest teams in NFL history.  As was endlessly noted, only the 1972 Dolphins finished a perfect season. NE would have been the second and certainly worthy of being in a discussion that includes those Dolphins, the Steelers from 1978, the 1985 Bears and the 60s era Packers.  Champions are remembered. Runner-ups are eventually footnotes. (That really hurts to acknowledge).

Kaos says:  First, they read too many of their own press clippings. Invulnerable? Unstoppable? Right. And then Brady pulled a Romo, chasing Giselle all over creation -- you can't really blame him, but surely she'd have willingly given it up for a champion.  Brady definitely played like stinky ass the last few games. He missed a couple of wide open receivers, any of which could have changed the game had he not been so off.  New York had a solid defensive gameplan and New England never adjusted. Piss poor coaching in that game.

Kaos says:  Sadly yes.  It's going to be all Eli all the time at least until next season and the crash back to earth that's coming.

Kaos says:  Stupid defensive decision.  For whatever reason, the Patriots stacked the line and left the corners in single coverage.  The blitz didn't get to Eli and I could have made that pass.  He'd already used up his one miracle with the helmet catch and didn't have another one left.  He'd already thrown a couple of passes on that drive that were near interceptions.  Keep doing what you were doing and let the idiot make the mistake he was going to make.  But no.  Send everybody and leave the corner on an island.  That'll work.  FOR A LOSS.   Morons.
Nice take! I think the turning point in the game was the 4th and 13 the pats went for instead of kicking a 49 yard field goal. Belichick looked liked an average coach last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 04:48:57 PM »
It just goes to show you, that if you start thinking that you are above everyone else, someone is going to come along and kick the shit out of you.

I agree with Jumbo, that the 4th and 13 was a stupid decision.  I will also say, that the next play I call, will be my first.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »

You should, like, write for a living.

Or at least a little side money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:55:19 PM »
You should, like, write for a living.

Or at least a little side money. 

If I could figure out how to make that happen I'd be all over it like Nicole Richie on a half a saltine cracker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 12:59:16 AM »
If I could figure out how to make that happen I'd be all over it like Nicole Richie on a half a saltine cracker.
You do have a way with words :wave:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.