Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

YES!!YES!! OH YES!!!

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
YES!!YES!! OH YES!!!
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »
CHEAP ASS BASTARD OWNER - PLEASE EXIT STAGE LEFT!!  AND THANKS FOR FUCKING UP MY TEAM!!!

HOUSTON -- Eyewitness Sports has learned that Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane could be on the verge of selling the team.

This past weekend, McLane signed a working letter of intent to sell the team to a group that would consist of a mix of local and out of town investors. The names haven't come forward yet, but we have found out that the big money is from out of town, where three to five investors would be involved, and there would be 10 to 12 smaller level local investors.

We're hearing the high end of the sale price could be around $700 million. They are in an exclusive negotiating period and have until the end of the month to come up with the money McLane wants or there's no deal.

On Monday, McLane told Eyewitness Sports anchor Bob Allen that the potential buyers would "have to show us that they have the financial capability to do the deal and they have to show us the people, because we'd only do something if it were really, highly reputable people and that there were a lot of Houston people that were involved in it."

McLane told Allen if this group could not come up with the money then he would be fine owning the team for several more years.

Allen also talked with Tilman Fertitta Monday who told us he is not part of this group and hasn't talked with McLane recently about the team.

The Houston Astros saw some of their most prosperous seasons under McLane. He bought the Astros from John McMullen in 1992 for $117 million. During his time as Astros chairman and chief executive officer, the team has ranked as the second-winningest team in the National League, and fifth-best in the majors. The Astros also played in their only World Series in 2005.

If this goes through, I will do an entire post of nothing but Happy Dancing Nanners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: YES!!YES!! OH YES!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
CHEAP ASS BASTARD OWNER - PLEASE EXIT STAGE LEFT!!  AND THANKS FOR FUCKING UP MY TEAM!!!

If this goes through, I will do an entire post of nothing but Happy Dancing Nanners.

The Buggman can hardly wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
I wonder if there is any chance that Angelos will sell?  Either that or get hit by a train..........

Glad to hear it for your team TW.  I am not an Astros hater.  One of my favorite teams in the NL.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
The Buggman can hardly wait.
He gets to have an opinion on my posts and/or the judicious use of emoticons when he reverses his cranio-rectal inversion and starts posting again... :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 04:23:28 PM »
I wonder if there is any chance that Angelos will sell?  Either that or get hit by a train..........

Glad to hear it for your team TW.  I am not an Astros hater.  One of my favorite teams in the NL.  :thumbsup:
It is far from a done deal, but ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:40 AM »
He gets to have an opinion on my posts and/or the judicious use of emoticons when he reverses his cranio-rectal inversion and starts posting again... :fu:

He has at least begun to call.  Albeit last minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
He has at least begun to call.  Albeit last minute.
You maybe.  His entry in my Phone Contacts list has damn cobwebs on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 12:17:09 PM »
You maybe.  His entry in my Phone Contacts list has damn cobwebs on it.

Mine did as well until Monday when he realized his hookers in Atlanta had fallen through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
 :add:

cause I really like the title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:43:33 PM »
You should be a Chicago White Sox fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »
...or a Cubs fan.

Now that it's already 2010, I can officially start saying it.  Wait till next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »
...or a Cubs fan.

Now that it's already 2010, I can officially start saying it.  Wait till next year.

The Orioles are going to make a serious run for it this year!   :bong:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 10:34:44 AM »
:add:

cause I really like the title.
The feeling I had upon learning that the Disastros may get a new owner was indeed orgasmic.  My pink petal parts got all tingly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 10:42:45 AM »
The feeling I had upon learning that the Disastros may get a new owner was indeed orgasmic.  My pink petal parts got all tingly.

This transformation cannot be complete until the old school uniforms are being worn everyday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:50 AM »
Seeing those old school unis and speaking of the Astros..........Does anyone remember Mike Scott?  Dude had some wicked movement on the ball.  I never read it, but I heard that he did finally fess up to scuffing the ball.  Had one of the most wicked curve balls I have ever seen and his splitter was nasty. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 11:28:56 AM »
This year is Bobby Cox's last.  All National League teams will succumb when they see him take the field, and pay their due respects to the greatest manager the game has ever seen.  The Braves will be undefeated this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 03:13:17 PM »
This year is Bobby Cox's last.  All National League teams will succumb when they see him take the field, and pay their due respects to the greatest manager the game has ever seen.  The Braves will be undefeated this year.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »

I didn't realize Atlanta still had a team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »

"The Dream".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 03:43:37 AM »
They have uniforms and everything.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.