Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why The Negativity?

Why The Negativity?
« on: January 11, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
Not a flame, but I've noticed some negative feelings about what's happening going into next year.  What is it based on?   Chizik?  Players?   I just can't seem to put my thumb on why Iowa State records and such, and Chizik insults are still flying based on what's going on currently.  What I've seen aren't devil's advocate, or playful comments.  They're predictions of the still ever pending doom that is to fall over Auburn. 

Please to be explainin'?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

Re: Why The Negativity?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
In theology, John Calvin and Jacob Arminius were not that far apart on many things.  But on one issue they disagreed.  In that disagreement, in order to explain and argue their side, they pushed each other further and further from the center.  Neither becoming more right or more wrong, but just more opposite and further from center in their arguments against each other.

A similar thing happens here often.  You and Mr Sensible may be one inch left of center and one inch right of center, respectively.  But as you make your "1 inch right of center" comment, the guy on the other side feels he need to go 2 inches left of center to offset you.  Then you (not literally you) go 3 inches right to counteract his two inches left. 

Pretty soon there is a fight where one side appears 20 feet left of center and the other 20 feet right of center....when in reality, there is much both sides could agree on in regards to the other sides stance, which is why the argument started only two inches apart....each side one inch from center.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
In theology, John Calvin and Jacob Arminius were not that far apart on many things.  But on one issue they disagreed.  In that disagreement, in order to explain and argue their side, they pushed each other further and further from the center.  Neither becoming more right or more wrong, but just more opposite and further from center in their arguments against each other.

A similar thing happens here often.  You and Mr Sensible may be one inch left of center and one inch right of center, respectively.  But as you make your "1 inch right of center" comment, the guy on the other side feels he need to go 2 inches left of center to offset you.  Then you (not literally you) go 3 inches right to counteract his two inches left. 

Pretty soon there is a fight where one side appears 20 feet left of center and the other 20 feet right of center....when in reality, there is much both sides could agree on in regards to the other sides stance, which is why the argument started only two inches apart....each side one inch from center.

Agreed.  Totally.  I'm not sure I even want to debate, or say anything back.  I think as long as there's no name calling, or making it personal, I'd just like to see what the negative, or cynics are saying to make them believe that Auburn is still heading in the wrong direction based on current events.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 12:33:31 PM »

This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »

Yes, that happens when one said wants to be a cynical smartass.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:36:51 PM »
Okay...If I'm on the left one inch... What makes the other feel like one inch over on the right is the right way to go in this situation?

Still not getting that answer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
An abrasive personality tends to receive a rebuttal more often than not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
Still not getting that answer...

And you probably want because once some folks draw their lines of argument, there is no going back regardless of the overwhelming proof that disagrees with their stance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 01:47:22 PM »
Maybe you two should focus you energy on the bama fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

jmar

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Much of it can be attributed to the environment in which you are raised. Mine was mostly negative, I'm not poor mouthing just stating how it was. And depending on the mentality, one is expected to not fail or not do wrong. And Germans aren't known to go around yuking it up, or smiling too much. And the Irish are negative as well in spite of all the drinking and singing. I didn't have a phuking chance. You've read my posts! I'm crazy as hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 04:34:25 PM »
Much of it can be attributed to the environment in which you are raised. Mine was mostly negative, I'm not poor mouthing just stating how it was. And depending on the mentality, one is expected to not fail or not do wrong. And Germans aren't known to go around yuking it up, or smiling too much. And the Irish are negative as well in spite of all the drinking and singing. I didn't have a phuking chance. You've read my posts! I'm crazy as hell.

I'm Scottish so that means I'll let you draw and quarter me and then drink with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 06:34:03 PM »
I'm German and Irish.  So, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »
Christ, I was and still am to a large degree a Tuberville fan. Hell, I'll argue for Tubs and let someone else take Chizik. But you can't compare one's departure and the other's arrival. They do things so differently. Chizik hasn't the field presense that Tub's had. (camera) Tub's had a system in place and Chizik is still laying the foundation for his-and recruiting hard, with results like I haven't ever seen at Auburn. (on paper) I'm encouraged just by what I have seen. Maybe some of you see more quality depth than I do. Maybe I can't count either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
Christ, I was and still am to a large degree a Tuberville fan. Hell, I'll argue for Tubs and let someone else take Chizik. But you can't compare one's departure and the other's arrival. They do things so differently. Chizik hasn't the field presense that Tub's had. (camera) Tub's had a system in place and Chizik is still laying the foundation for his-and recruiting hard, with results like I haven't ever seen at Auburn. (on paper) I'm encouraged just by what I have seen. Maybe some of you see more quality depth than I do. Maybe I can't count either.
I can count to Potatoe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:57 PM »
I can too and I am positive that Chizik is ahead of schedule.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

Wondering how the fuck did ethnicity make it into the convo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »
Wondering how the phuk did ethnicity make it into the convo.

Evolution? :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »
Well mostly because chizik has not done anything. We pounded some cup cakes. We have a highly rated recruiting class, except it completely ignores the massive shortcomings in our program, but hey!! it hasa bunch of pretty lil stars in it. The "leader" aint leading. The objective crowd can see that the chiziktonians on the other hand, well Auburn will be much better off when they too are culled from the herd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
Well mostly because chizik has not done anything. We pounded some cup cakes. We have a highly rated recruiting class, except it completely ignores the massive shortcomings in our program, but hey!! it hasa bunch of pretty lil stars in it. The "leader" aint leading. The objective crowd can see that the chiziktonians on the other hand, well Auburn will be much better off when they too are culled from the herd.

puff puff give....

:high:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »
Well that proves that you are not on the side of Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.