Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Those Tech people love their Leach

jadennis

Those Tech people love their Leach
« on: January 04, 2010, 04:40:17 PM »
I have a friend who owns some gas stations and convenient stores.  Being a Valero distributor, he got VIP tickets to the Alamo Bowl and lucky me got to go.  We had 10th row, 45 yard line seats, but we also had access to all the free food and drinks you could ever want....before and during the game.

Of the 65,000 at the Alamo Dome, probably 57,500 were Tech fans.  I sat about 15 yards behind the Tech bench.  That James kid was getting an earful the whole game.  "Boo hoo, I want my daddy!!", things like that.

There were people selling red and black "Team Leach" shirts, which I swear half of the Dome had on.  They said "Team Leach" on the front, and things like "Real men aren't afraid of the dark", "Shed Happens", and "The James family, taking down Texas football programs since 1985" (remember Craig James was at SMU when they got the death penalty...he and Eric Dickerson were among those assumed to have taken pay to play there...they were the Pony Express backfield).

Anyway, the game was great, the VIP treatment was great, and watching those Tech fans berate that kid just added to it all.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

Re: Those Tech people love their Leach
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »
Gus to TT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:11 AM »
Bite your tongue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
Gus to TT?

Petrino is in the running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
Per ESPN, CTT will interview tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
Per ESPN, CTT will interview tomorrow.

I figured he would be in the mix pretty heavily.  Not sure how good of a fit that would be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
I figured he would be in the mix pretty heavily.  Not sure how good of a fit that would be?

I'm not sure he could be more of a polar opposite from Leach.   Would be interesting to see how that worked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »

Petrino wouldn't make it at any Texas school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »
I'm not sure he could be more of a polar opposite from Leach.   Would be interesting to see how that worked.

I think he could work there.  They loved Leach and all his quirks for one reason...he won.  He has the 3rd best program in the Big 12 over the last 8 years, behind only Texas and OU.  Since 2004 he's 3-3 against Oklahoma, 4-0 against Nebraska, and 4-2 against Texas A&M.  He's only 1-5 against Texas, but that one win, as we all know, was when Texas was #1. 

His pirate crap would get old pretty quick if he was losing.  They love Ruffin McNeil, the D-coordinator and interim head coach, and he's even more polar opposite of Leach than Tuberville.

The fact that Tuberville has seen the light about the need for a dynamic offense, I think he'd be great there.  He could bring in an o-coordinator that would already have the players on the roster that they need.  And he could revamp the defense (which actually hasn't been that bad the last 2-3 years).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
I think he could work there.  They loved Leach and all his quirks for one reason...he won.  He has the 3rd best program in the Big 12 over the last 8 years, behind only Texas and OU.  Since 2004 he's 3-3 against Oklahoma, 4-0 against Nebraska, and 4-2 against Texas A&M.  He's only 1-5 against Texas, but that one win, as we all know, was when Texas was #1. 

His pirate crap would get old pretty quick if he was losing.  They love Ruffin McNeil, the D-coordinator and interim head coach, and he's even more polar opposite of Leach than Tuberville.

The fact that Tuberville has seen the light about the need for a dynamic offense, I think he'd be great there.  He could bring in an o-coordinator that would already have the players on the roster that they need.  And he could revamp the defense (which actually hasn't been that bad the last 2-3 years).

Agreed.  Offense and the ability of Tuberville to let that offense work under the coordinator work is the wild-card.   Defense (you wouldn't think) shouldn't be an issue.

Who do you think he goes after for an offensive coordinator??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »
I just don't understand this. Petrino this, Petrino that. The one and only thing he has done at Arkansas is bring in Mallett. Thats it. He doesn't recruit, and he will be in deep shit when Mallett leaves. Look at their schedule, and they really didn't beat anybody they shouldn't have, except maybe AU. aTm was just barely bowl eligible at 6-6, then got their lunch money taken by UGA. But, I guess that was an improvement for aTm after going 4-8 last season.

Petrino hasn't really accomplished anything in the SEC. I know he had quite a run at Louisville, but how long are we to keep pointing back years ago when we have something more recent to go on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
Agreed.  Offense and the ability of Tuberville to let that offense work under the coordinator work is the wild-card.   Defense (you wouldn't think) shouldn't be an issue.

Who do you think he goes after for an offensive coordinator??

Personally I don't think he gets the job.  Maybe he does, but I would think someone like Kevin Sumlin from Houston (ie young and exciting) may end up with the job.

If Tuberville does get it, there are plenty of people to go after.  No names jump to mind immediately, but these days, there are lots of high-powered offenses out there.  He could go after the OC from Nevada or Idaho or someplace like that (or even 1-AA).  Remember, Brian Kelly just came to Cincinnati from 1-AA, Chip Kelly at Oregon was at OC at New Hampshire before going to work for Mike Belloti.  To me, there is a lot to pick from.  And if Tuberville learned anything, I'm sure it was to let the OC do his job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »
 And if Tuberville learned anything, I'm sure it was to let the OC do his job get an OC that can do the job.

Fixt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »
Fixt.

So you're saying Hugh Nall has a chance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »
Fixt.

How did Franklin do up at MTSU this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 12:05:53 PM »

I'm guessing you already know the answer, but they were 22nd in scoring offense (32 pts) and 27th in total offense (420+ yds).

They were 10-3 and their only losses were to Clemson, Mississippi State, and to his old boss....Troy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »

He averaged 70 more yards per game than his opponent.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/43102#TEAM.TEM
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:10:16 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
I just don't understand this. Petrino this, Petrino that. The one and only thing he has done at Arkansas is bring in Mallett. Thats it. He doesn't recruit, and he will be in deep shit when Mallett leaves. Look at their schedule, and they really didn't beat anybody they shouldn't have, except maybe AU. aTm was just barely bowl eligible at 6-6, then got their lunch money taken by UGA. But, I guess that was an improvement for aTm after going 4-8 last season.

Petrino hasn't really accomplished anything in the SEC. I know he had quite a run at Louisville, but how long are we to keep pointing back years ago when we have something more recent to go on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »

He has seriously been mentioned as a possible candidate for different jobs a few times this season. Thats more so what I'm getting at. Whats the deal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
I'm guessing you already know the answer, but they were 22nd in scoring offense (32 pts) and 27th in total offense (420+ yds).

They were 10-3 and their only losses were to Clemson, Mississippi State, and to his old boss....Troy.

Yep. I knew.  :)

So, what was the problem last season? The OC? or the HC and other assts not letting the OC do his job?  Discuss amongst yourselves.... :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE