Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Latest and greatest on Newton

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Latest and greatest on Newton
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
I tend to agree, but in reality, and he may realize this, if you can play the position, they will take you. The team around you and the stats they help you produce don't mean much to the NFL these days.

Think of guys at both extremes.  You have Graham Harrell who didn't get drafted after throwing for over 15,000 yds and 134 TDS.  Then you have guys like Joe Flacco that played at Delaware or Tony Romo who played at Eastern Illinois. 

Ultimately, in my opinion, his NFL status wouldn't be helped or hurt at either school.  Hopefully he doesn't feel that way though.  Hopefully he thinks he needs to go for the best stats he can get, which, after seeing that Chris Todd set Auburn passing records, would lead him to us.

You forgot Rothlisberger.  

How many of the starting QBs in the NFL played at "big time" schools?  

Vince Young?  He's sort of a major bust.  JaDumbass Russell (to whom I've heard this Newton kid compared, ugh...)?  Significant bust.   Jason Campbell?  Jury still out.   All quarterbacked successful, national title-esque teams.  

Palmer, Cassell and Sanchez from USC?  Meh on all.  

Brees and Orton are both from Purdue.  What the fuck is a Purdue?

Eli Manning?  Labored at a crappy Ole Miss program.  Done well in the NFL.  McNabb played at Syracuse in 1973. Not exactly a powerhouse.

It's really kind of a crapshoot.  You don't even have to be on a successful team to be a successful NFL QB.  But there's never, ever been one from Mississippi State.  That's a factor (and I love the Bulldogs second best).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »
What does any of this have to do with the latest and greatest on Newton? I really don't care who you guys are blowing or what site you pay to get recruiting info. At least start a different thread to bitch about this poop so you don't waste other people time on reading this poop. buttholes.

There isn't a thread on this site that stays on topic.  Well, unless it's about dogs. 

So stop trying to ruin my entertainment. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2009, 05:06:09 PM »
You forgot Rothlisberger.  

How many of the starting QBs in the NFL played at "big time" schools?  

Vince Young?  He's sort of a major bust.  JaDumbass Russell (to whom I've heard this Newton kid compared, ugh...)?  Significant bust.   Jason Campbell?  Jury still out.   All quarterbacked successful, national title-esque teams.  

Palmer, Cassell and Sanchez from USC?  Meh on all.  

Brees and Orton are both from Purdue.  What the phuk is a Purdue?

Eli Manning?  Labored at a crappy Ole Miss program.  Done well in the NFL.  McNabb played at Syracuse in 1973. Not exactly a powerhouse.

It's really kind of a crapshoot.  You don't even have to be on a successful team to be a successful NFL QB.  But there's never, ever been one from Mississippi State.  That's a factor (and I love the Bulldogs second best).

Hell, you don't even have to PLAY on a college team to be an NFL QB.  Cassell was a career backup at USC.

By the way, Syracuse was 2-9 in 1973...McNabb was 35-14 in four years, 2-2 in bowl games (the losses were the Fiesta Bowl and the Orange Bowl).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:10:55 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »
There isn't a thread on this site that stays on topic.  Well, unless it's about dogs. 

So stop trying to ruin my entertainment. 

Ya like dags?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2009, 05:12:25 PM »
Is is just me or does anybody else have any trouble following the concept of

<< Shun off >>

and

<< Shun on >>

It's pretty self explanatory.  

Oh, I forgot.  Comprehension.... yeah.... nevermind.

Here you go though Capt. "Comprehension":

shun  /ʃʌn/  Show Spelled Pronunciation [shuhn]  

–verb (used with object), shunned, shun⋅ning. to keep away from (a place, person, object, etc.), from motives of dislike, caution, etc.; take pains to avoid.

Complete utter failure on your end...  just drop the "shun" gig, nobody believes you're capable of it.  
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:14:16 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »

–verb (used with object), shunned, shun⋅ning. to keep away from (a place, person, object, etc.), from motives of dislike, caution, etc.; take pains to avoid.

Complete utter failure on your end...  just drop the "shun" gig, nobody believes you're capable of it.  

Word of the day!

Density
Look it up here:  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/density

Word usage:

Chopper's skull density = thick
Chopper's skin density = thin

I guess you don't watch The Office. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMlGpDfyxEA#noexternalembed

You take everything (particularly yourself) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way) too seriously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »
You take everything (particularly yourself) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (way, way, way, way, way, way, way, way) too seriously.

HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:23:39 PM by AuburnChopper »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:01 PM »

He only does it because it gets under your skin. At least, thats what somebody told me one time......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »

HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...  :rofl:

Ample proof that you've never understood the first fucking thing around here. 

Ample. 

Christ, dude, even the Bammers get it, but you plod relentlessly on. 

Unreal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
Ample proof that you've never understood the first fucking thing around here. 

Ample. 

Christ, dude, even the Bammers get it, but you plod relentlessly on. 

Unreal.

HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..................

OH man...  You got to warn me first when you do this comedy shit.....  Throwing the "bammers" bit in there was priceless....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »
HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..................

OH man...  You got to warn me first when you do this comedy shit.....  Throwing the "bammers" bit in there was priceless....

Is this like the "coming from you" comment?  Because that's your typical argument tactic.  (An everyday fail, but one of your staples). 

And yeah, the Bama fans DO get it, Chop.  You're the only one who doesn't. 

Because you take yourself seriously and completely lack simple self-awareness.

Ok.  Go find something productive to do now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »

Because you take yourself seriously and completely lack simple self-awareness.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and the hits just KEEP on coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2009, 05:57:10 PM »
My page down key needs a break...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
You know, it's sleeting outside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2009, 07:11:46 PM »

Yeah, well....

It's shitting ignorance in here. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2009, 07:18:18 PM »
Sweet....

Kaos:

Donovan had a really good receiver to throw to while quarterbacking the Orangemen of Syracuse as a redshirt freshman in '95 (Marvin Harrison)...Also he played for them in '95-'98, he redshirted in '94, not in '73.  Don't forget about a couple of other players (Dwight Freeney and Keith Bulluck).  So, Syracuse was actually pretty damn good during McNabb's time.

Purdue Boilermakers were actually pretty good too.

And...I'm guessing that if Cameron Newton does decide to sign with Auburn then you'll never be in his corner and you'll probably state that if he ever starts for Auburn, then we're in deep trouble (much like you do with every QB on Auburn's roster) just because some have compared him to Jamarcus Russell.

JaDumbass Russell (to whom I've heard this Newton kid compared, ugh...)?  Significant bust.

But, don't let facts get in your way of making yourself stupid.  Just remember, you should never go full retard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
Newton will commit to Auburn in the next 24 hours per Jeffery Lee. On Wjox Birmingham right now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2009, 09:00:38 PM »
But, don't let facts get in your way of making yourself stupid.  Just remember, you should never go full retard.
Practice what you preach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:13 PM »
Sweet....

Kaos:

Donovan had a really good receiver to throw to while quarterbacking the Orangemen of Syracuse as a redshirt freshman in '95 (Marvin Harrison)...Also he played for them in '95-'98, he redshirted in '94, not in '73.  Don't forget about a couple of other players (Dwight Freeney and Keith Bulluck).  So, Syracuse was actually pretty damn good during McNabb's time.

Purdue Boilermakers were actually pretty good too.

And...I'm guessing that if Cameron Newton does decide to sign with Auburn then you'll never be in his corner and you'll probably state that if he ever starts for Auburn, then we're in deep trouble (much like you do with every QB on Auburn's roster) just because some have compared him to Jamarcus Russell.

Damn boy, you're dumb. 

You don't understand sardonic commentary or hyperbole?  You, like *******2.0 take everything literally and just don't appreciate the art of subtlety, self deprecation or humor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »
There is a GREAT chance that Newton (as Jumbo said) commit and sign with Auburn by Thursday afternoon.  According to Rivals (Jeffery Lee).

like *******2.0 take everything literally and just don't appreciate the art of subtlety, self deprecation or humor.

Bait.  Go **** yourself.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions