Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Comparing SEC classes

jadennis

Comparing SEC classes
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
**UPDATED**  01/18/10

Going by Rivals ratings, here are how some the classes stack up.

6.0 or higher (6.0 is the highest 4-star rating).
Florida - 6
Auburn - 4
Georgia - 4
Alabama - 2
LSU - 2
Tennessee - 1
South Carolina - 1
Kentucky - 0
Miss State - 0
Ole Miss - 0
Arkansas - 0

5.7 or higher (5.7 is the highest 3-star rating)
Florida - 24
Alabama - 19
Auburn - 17
LSU - 17
Georgia - 15
Tennessee - 13
Miss State - 10
South Carolina - 9
Ole Miss - 8
Arkansas - 7
Kentucky - 2

Overall Rivals Rankings by Total Points
1. Florida - 2,901
3. Alabama - 2,349
4. Auburn - 2,203
6. LSU - 2,023
8. Georgia - 1,843
12. Tennessee - 1,681
32. South Carolina - 1,107
35. Miss State - 1,077
36. Ole Miss - 1,064
53. Arkansas - 469
59. Kentucky - 418

After Florida, to me, the next 4 are nearly a wash, with Tennessee right behind them.  I'm pretty damn near ecstatic over this class of ours (assuming it holds together and we get another 2-3 top notch recruits).

I would imagine Ole Miss and Arkansas can't be very happy up to this point, although both classes are still relatively small, so they'll add quite a few more names, it just remains to be seen if they'll be a bunch of 5.5-5.7 guys, or if they can swing some 5.8+ players as well.

**ADDED**

ESPN rankings as of 12/22/09

1. Florida
3. Alabama
4. Georgia
6. Tennessee
7. LSU
9. Auburn
15. South Carolina

This list is different because their player rankings vary from Rivals, obviously, but also in large part because they don't include JUCO players in the rankings.  This makes Auburn's #9 pretty impressive considering it doesn't include Gayden, Mosley, or Bonomolo.

Also interesting is South Carolina at #15 on this list when they are #33 on the Rivals list.  :blink:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:19:42 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Comparing SEC classes
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 06:43:47 PM »
That can't be right....didn't someone here say that Coach Chizik and Co. couldn't recruit and that it was a "fail"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 08:38:46 PM »
That can't be right....didn't someone here say that Coach Chizik and Co. couldn't recruit and that it was a "fail"?

Reading all the back and forth is extremely tiresome.  Could you not bait him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
What sucks is that we're penalized for having a kicker and a punter committed.  One is a 5.5 three star and the other a 5.3 two star. 

Does it matter that they're considered two of the top kickers in the country?  Not a bit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:22:18 PM »

^^This^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 01:11:14 AM »
I would imagine Ole Miss and Arkansas can't be very happy up to this point, although both classes are still relatively small, so they'll add quite a few more names, it just remains to be seen if they'll be a bunch of 5.5-5.7 guys, or if they can swing some 5.8+ players as well.

Ole Miss signed 73 players last year, and Arkansas don't need no fucking top prospects.  Especially not from their own state.

Bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:41:46 AM »
Ole Miss signed 73 players last year, and Arkansas don't need no fucking top prospects.  Especially not from their own state.

Bitch.

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:54 AM »
Signing day at Ole Miss....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »
That's a long line of white boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 10:22:05 PM »

There's no bait.  Just a stupid comment on his part. 

He'll never have children.  Spooges in his jeans and never even gets it out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 03:03:07 AM »
There's no bait.  Just a stupid comment on his part. 

He'll never have children.  Spooges in his jeans and never even gets it out. 
Yup, you're correct, just a stupid comment on Sensible's part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »
Yup, you're correct, just a stupid comment on Sensible's part.

Did you have a seizure or something?  You stopped making sense a few days back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
Did you have a seizure or something?  You stopped making sense a few days back.
Simple facts must be hard for you understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 01:20:54 PM »
**UPDATED**  01/18/10

Going by Rivals ratings, here are how some the classes stack up.

6.0 or higher (6.0 is the highest 4-star rating).
Florida - 6
Auburn - 4
Georgia - 4
Alabama - 2
LSU - 2
Tennessee - 1
South Carolina - 1
Kentucky - 0
Miss State - 0
Ole Miss - 0
Arkansas - 0

5.7 or higher (5.7 is the highest 3-star rating)
Florida - 24
Alabama - 19
Auburn - 17
LSU - 17
Georgia - 15
Tennessee - 13
Miss State - 10
South Carolina - 9
Ole Miss - 8
Arkansas - 7
Kentucky - 2

Overall Rivals Rankings by Total Points
1. Florida - 2,901
3. Alabama - 2,349
4. Auburn - 2,203
6. LSU - 2,023
8. Georgia - 1,843
12. Tennessee - 1,681
32. South Carolina - 1,107
35. Miss State - 1,077
36. Ole Miss - 1,064
53. Arkansas - 469
59. Kentucky - 418

After Florida, to me, the next 4 are nearly a wash, with Tennessee right behind them.  I'm pretty damn near ecstatic over this class of ours (assuming it holds together and we get another 2-3 top notch recruits).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:45 PM »
Boartitz, and other Arkansas fans....are you getting concerned with recruiting for this year yet?   I know there is a lot to getting the kind of guy you want for your system, no question.  But I really thought Petrino would have the recruiting at a higher level at this point. 

Rivals has the class at Kentucky level, and way behind Ole Miss, Miss State, and South Carolina.  I'm just surprised and wondering what fans are saying or thinking up there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 01:34:50 PM »
Boartitz will have to confirm this, but I have heard that Bobby Petrino doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks about his recruiting class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 02:03:42 PM »
Boartitz will have to confirm this, but I have heard that Bobby Petrino doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks about his recruiting class.

He should.  It's pretty abysmal. 

Also, they don't have a quarterback to follow Mallet, do they?  Next season might be the year to buy Petrino a few years because I can't see any talent coming up behind the guys they have now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »

Also, they don't have a quarterback to follow Mallet, do they?  Next season might be the year to buy Petrino a few years because I can't see any talent coming up behind the guys they have now.
Who cares about the quarterback? They roll 5 deep at running back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jadennis

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 02:28:54 PM »
Boartitz will have to confirm this, but I have heard that Bobby Petrino doesn't give a phuk what anyone thinks about his recruiting class.

I'm sure that's true, I don't think any coach anywhere cares what his recruiting class ranking looks like.  And maybe he can be a Frank Beamer and win with sub-par recruiting classes (only three Top 25 classes in the last 8 years, and two of those were the last two years). 

But in the SEC, I don't see it happening...at least not with any consistency.  They had the #16 class this past year and signed multiple guys that also had offers from Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, etc.

This year's class has a couple of guys like that, but much more they are getting guys that had offers from Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas, Southern Miss, etc.   

Maybe Petrino can live off that, but it's the kind of thing that creates the roller coaster results.  He'll be 5-7, then 7-6, then 10-3, then 4-8, then 8-5, then 7-5, then 9-4, then 6-6.   

Again, I only ask because I'm surprised.  I thought he'd have them in the mix for more big time recruits.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 07:48:34 PM »

Bullshit. They're loaded, just ask boartitz. They don't need any talent. Especially in-state 5* RBs.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler