Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Winner is...........

Birmingham

Re: Heisman Trophy Winner is...........
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2009, 02:16:18 PM »
I speak for myself here, but it's not the fact the fact that a bammer won it..........It's the fact that he isn't the best player on the team. 

That's your single opinion.  As for the opinion of the 800+ voters (which is large enough a number to shake any variance or individual bias) they think Ingram is not only the best on his team but the best in the country.  They think you're wrong.  You think they're wrong.  That's all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
That's your single opinion.  As for the opinion of the 800+ voters (which is large enough a number to shake any variance or individual bias) they think Ingram is not only the best on his team but the best in the country.  They think you're wrong.  You think they're wrong.  That's all. 
He may be the best player in the country, to bad he isn't the best RB in the country.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2009, 02:57:23 PM »
The bottom line is, Ingram was the one that had enough hype to get on the ballet and win.   Frankly if Suh had had half the hype he had the last week of the voting after his Texas performance, this would have turned out different in my opinion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2009, 03:15:33 PM »
He may be the best player in the country, to bad he isn't the best RB in the country.

Not valid.  You think it is but it's not.  The two awards are voted on by completely different people.  It's the same as a country singer winning a Grammy for Singer of the Year but not winning the CMA for best Country Singer of the Year.  Two different groups voting.  
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:17:48 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2009, 05:01:52 PM »
Not valid.  You think it is but it's not.  The two awards are voted on by completely different people.  It's the same as a country singer winning a Grammy for Singer of the Year but not winning the CMA for best Country Singer of the Year.  Two different groups voting. 
That may be true, but it still doesn't make my statement any less true.

Last time I checked voting was subjective. What makes the Heisman voters better than the Doak voters?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 05:02:51 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Birmingham

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
That may be true, but it still doesn't make my statement any less true.

Last time I checked voting was subjective. What makes the Heisman voters better than the Doak voters?

Bingo.  I could just as much say that they got it wrong by voting for Gerhart.  Fact is, it's only as prestigious as you give it credit for.  The Heisman happens to be what most people have heard of.  Most people in America wouldn't know what position the Doak award is awarded to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2009, 05:26:05 PM »
If Auburn were 13-0, about to play for the National Championship and Ben Tate had just won the Heisman with his numbers, you would be celebrating just like most Bama fans.  Are some fans taking it too far?  Of course. That's what they do.  

It's the same bullshit award that is awarded EVERY YEAR to the "best player" on the "best team".  The only thing different this year is that a Bama player won it.    

Do those fans with the "Ingram is better than Bo" superiority complex need to settle the fuck down?  Yes.  BUT, that whole "fear the thumb" concept was a bitch and some people are still bitter about it.  Add all the stories about how Saban wouldn't recruit like he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't win the way he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't stay 3 years.  It's gonna take Saban 4+ years to get his players in, because he isn't a good X's and O's coach.  Saban this.  Saban that.  

The forecast was wrong.  Bad wrong.  So now they are going to give people shit, right or wrong.

Nice post.  But one issue.  Alabama fans aren't acting like Chimpanzees because Auburn fans were dead wrong about Saban.  This has gone on forever.  It's the proverbial notion that Alabama will ALWAYS be on top (next year) and Auburn will always be heading back to where we belong. 

I've got no issue with another weak candidate winning the most overrated award in all of sports.  My beef is that Alabama fans are the first to display extreme arrogance and poor sportsmanship and then they expect Auburn fans to still be congratulatory. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
Bingo.  I could just as much say that they got it wrong by voting for Gerhart.  Fact is, it's only as prestigious as you give it credit for.  The Heisman happens to be what most people have heard of.  Most people in America wouldn't know what position the Doak award is awarded to.
You could say that...it wouldn't make it correct or change the award.  I could say that Ingram being voted the Heisman just shows how diminished that award has become.  He still won it and Gerhart won the award for best running back in the nation.  Fact is most people may or may not know what the Doak Walker award is (I haven't taken a poll and don't really care) but you know what it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Birmingham

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
You could say that...it wouldn't make it correct or change the award.  I could say that Ingram being voted the Heisman just shows how diminished that award has become.  He still won it and Gerhart won the award for best running back in the nation.  Fact is most people may or may not know what the Doak Walker award is (I haven't taken a poll and don't really care) but you know what it is.

They are two different awards from two different organization.  Completely different organizations.  All I'm saying is the argument of "How can he be the Heisman if he didn't even win the Doak award?" is a completely illogical thought.  The city of Chattanooga recently granted an award to a co-worker of mine for her work with mentally disabled children yet the Employee of the Month went to 12 people other than her this past year.  How can that happen?  Because the two people awarding two different awards don't communicate with each other and have no desire or need to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
They are two different awards from two different organization.  Completely different organizations.  All I'm saying is the argument of "How can he be the Heisman if he didn't even win the Doak award?" is a completely illogical thought.  The city of Chattanooga recently granted an award to a co-worker of mine for her work with mentally disabled children yet the Employee of the Month went to 12 people other than her this past year.  How can that happen?  Because the two people awarding two different awards don't communicate with each other and have no desire or need to.
Did I say that?!? I must have missed something, let me go check:
Maybe, I can't read my own writing.  Let me clarify a second time...he may be the best player in the country, to bad he isn't the best RB in the country. 

Nope, I think I said it right the first time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »
I've got no issue with another weak candidate winning the most overrated award in all of sports.  My beef is that Alabama fans are the first to display extreme arrogance and poor sportsmanship and then they expect Auburn fans to still be congratulatory. 

Door slammed.  

When we got the shaft in 2004, we got no outrage or support from anybody associated with Bama -- even those who have no affiliation with the school other than their racist granddaddy told them "they'us sposta love it dammit!"

No, we got the typical taunting.  

And now those same smarmy fucks want me to support Bama in the championship game?  FUCK them.  Fuck them, their mothers, their dogs, the fleas on their dogs, their cats, their cousins, their uncles, their aunts, their brothers, their sisters and their grandparents.  They can all go to hell.  Burning, flaming, hell.  Fuck them.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Birmingham

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
Did I say that?!? I must have missed something, let me go check:Maybe, I can't read my own writing.  Let me clarify a second time...he may be the best player in the country, to bad he isn't the best RB in the country. 

Nope, I think I said it right the first time.

I assumed you were "playing the words" since the Heisman is to the best College player in the country and the Doak is to the best Running Back in the country.  Didn't mean to get out of line, you okay?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2009, 06:02:19 PM »
I assumed you were "playing the words" since the Heisman is to the best College player in the country and the Doak is to the best Running Back in the country.  Didn't mean to get out of line, you okay?
You didn't get out of line, I just find it humorous that the supposed best player in the nation, didn't even win his own category.  ...See now I said it.

I'm fine, want a drink and a cigar, but other than that everything is just dandy! Yourself?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Birmingham

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2009, 06:17:22 PM »
You didn't get out of line, I just find it humorous that the supposed best player in the nation, didn't even win his own category.  ...See now I said it.

I'm fine, want a drink and a cigar, but other than that everything is just dandy! Yourself?

Just smoked a Padron 4000.  Don't have money for the anny's anymore but the X000 series is so damn good it doesn't matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions