Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Winner is...........

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Heisman Trophy Winner is...........
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:22 PM »
Huh?  

You're logic is so fucked up that you even confuse yourself.
Makes me wish Gerhart had a conference championship to rack up some more stats with.  The dude's team lost 4 games, and he still had 10 or so more touchdowns than Ingram did before the SEC CG.  lmao
Fixed the error. My point was, THS posted some stats of some of the top rushers, with Gerhart being on top. Vagisil told him he should also include receiving yards and TDs, to which THS replied asking if 150 yards really makes a difference. Apparently it made a difference when he posted all of the stats. The difference between them statistically is paper thin. Gerhart does have 62 more carries, and his backup only has 55 carries for 298 yards and 2 TDs. Ingram's backup has 126 carries with 642 yards and 6 TDs. Ingram was even taken out at halftime of at least two games. Like I said before, you could damn near flip a coin this year on who should get it.

If an AU player won the Heisman under similar circumstances, would you guys be denouncing it such as you are now? Hell no. You would take it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:26:39 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »
1 Danario Alexander, WR MIZZ 107 1644 15.4 84 13
2 Greg Salas, WR HAW 106 1590 15.0 66 8
3 Freddie Barnes, WR BGSU 138 1551 11.2 59 16
4 Golden Tate, WR ND 93 1496 16.1 78 15
5 Jordan Shipley, WR TEX 106 1363 12.9 88 11

That's odd.  I don't see Ingram's name there at all. 
That's a bunch of crap TH and you know it.  Why don't you go look up the Tackles, Tackles for Loss, Sacks and Int.  I'll bet the results are interesting.

And......
I'm starting to think that you actually are Ben Tate.  He's the only one I know that would say that.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All I'm hearing is this....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »
Does 194 extra rushing yards on 62 extra carries make Gerhart the clear cut best player in college football? It seems as though you believe this, since you were the one posting stats on page 2. For that matter, Gerhart is a senior and Ingram is only a sophomore. You act as if Ingram clearly doesn't even belong in the same discussion as Gerhart. THAT is ludicrous.

I'm not even saying that he was clearly the obvious choice to win it. You could have damn near flipped a coin on a winner this year and made a case for each one. Shit, alot of you here were saying before the Iron Bowl that if AU could just shut Ingram down, AU could probably win. Thats been the case nearly every game we played this season. When the kid is identified to everybody as "musy shut down" to have a shot at winning, how does he not belong in the discussion? How is he not pretty important? Especially when on his back, Alabama is playing for the NC.

On his back?   :rofl:  If it weren't for Greg McElroy and the defense, Alabama loses to Arkansas.  That whopping 50 yards rushing he had was TREMENDOUS in that win.  If it weren't for Greg McElroy and Trent Richardson (a true freshman running back since their age matters to you), Alabama loses to Auburn.  His incredible 30 yards rushing he was most important in that win. 

Yes, Ingram is good, and he is very important to Alabama.  However, it's been proven that if you take Ingram out of the game, Alabama still wins.  If you take Gerhart away from Stanford, Stanford doesn't make a bowl game.  If you take Colt McCoy away from Texas, Texas doesn't go undefeated. 

Ndominate Suh's stats nearly equaled the stats of Alabama's entire defensive line.  He's a defensive tackle.  You know, the one that is just supposed to be fat and clog the middle of the line.  The DT lets the other guys make plays.  Suh made the plays.  Terrence Cody?  Perfect example of what kind of tub of lard plays in the middle.  Suh redefined what a defensive tackle is capable of.  He damn near won the Big 12 championship by himself. 

Ingram needed McElroy to start out hot, and he needed the Florida defense to be on their toes against the Alabama passing game.  It's why Nick Saban took the ball to open the 1st half.  It's why Jim McElwain had the offense start out in the spread formation.  Ingram needed some help from his surrounding players. 

And as for Gerhart's stats, yes, it is indicative of who was a better candidate.  We're comparing the two in terms of who was more important and who would be more valuable at the running back position.  Gerhart won the stat category.  Ingram won the "my surrounding talent and teammates was better" category. 

Same shit every year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2009, 03:09:31 PM »
On his back?   :rofl:  If it weren't for Greg McElroy and the defense, Alabama loses to Arkansas.  That whopping 50 yards rushing he had was TREMENDOUS in that win.  If it weren't for Greg McElroy and Trent Richardson (a true freshman running back since their age matters to you), Alabama loses to Auburn.  His incredible 30 yards rushing he was most important in that win.  

Yes, Ingram is good, and he is very important to Alabama.  However, it's been proven that if you take Ingram out of the game, Alabama still wins.  If you take Gerhart away from Stanford, Stanford doesn't make a bowl game.  If you take Colt McCoy away from Texas, Texas doesn't go undefeated.  

Ndominate Suh's stats nearly equaled the stats of Alabama's entire defensive line.  He's a defensive tackle.  You know, the one that is just supposed to be fat and clog the middle of the line.  The DT lets the other guys make plays.  Suh made the plays.  Terrence Cody?  Perfect example of what kind of tub of lard plays in the middle.  Suh redefined what a defensive tackle is capable of.  He damn near won the Big 12 championship by himself.  

Ingram needed McElroy to start out hot, and he needed the Florida defense to be on their toes against the Alabama passing game.  It's why Nick Saban took the ball to open the 1st half.  It's why Jim McElwain had the offense start out in the spread formation.  Ingram needed some help from his surrounding players.  

And as for Gerhart's stats, yes, it is indicative of who was a better candidate.  We're comparing the two in terms of who was more important and who would be more valuable at the running back position.  Gerhart won the stat category.  Ingram won the "my surrounding talent and teammates was better" category.  

Same shit every year.
So basically, if Alabama didn't have an offense or defense, we would have lost the Arkansas game (that Alabama won 35-7), and 20 rushing yards makes the difference in winning or losing against AU, when Julio was the guy making clutch catch after catch on that final drive in the 4th. Yeah, that makes total sense.

I could conversely say that Ingram is the only reason we won against South Carolina. Alabama had 356 total yards on offense, with Ingram bringing in 246 yards. The offense struggled against Ole Miss as well and couldn't move the ball, settling for field goals all game. Ingram brought in the only touchdown. He accounted for over half of the offensive production in that game as well. McElroy went on some weird skid for 4-5 games where he was mindfucked, and we had to rely on Ingram to do something. While Ingram has had a few lackluster games as you have pointed out, there have been some games where he saved our ass as well.

Again, if the exact same scenario played out for an AU player and he won the Heisman, you wouldn't be saying what you are saying now. None of you would. This was the closest Heisman race ever. That tells me, like I've said, that you nearly could have flipped a coin for a winner. Like I said before, I could see it if somebody else won it. Had they won it, I wouldn't have bitched one peep about it. The problem for most of you is that the kid plays for Alabama, so its total horseshit by default that he won. Anything after that is extra.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:15:55 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
Ndominate Suh's stats nearly equaled the stats of Alabama's entire defensive line.  He's a defensive tackle.  You know, the one that is just supposed to be fat and clog the middle of the line.  The DT lets the other guys make plays.  Suh made the plays.  Terrence Cody?  Perfect example of what kind of tub of lard plays in the middle.  Suh redefined what a defensive tackle is capable of.  He damn near won the Big 12 championship by himself.  

And that's why Suh should've been standing at the podium, not Mr. Snot Bubbles.  Again, that's not saying that he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as a really good player this year.  But, just because he's on the #1 team, doesn't mean that he is that much better.  Question, would he have won it if SPuat was 8-4 or 9-4?

Here is why Suh should've won it:

1: 98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
2: 112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk
3: 116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk
4: 82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
#1 = Alabama's DL, #2 = Florida's DL, #3 = Texas' DL, #4 = Ndamukong Suh.......by himself.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:11:08 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
And that's why Suh should've been standing at the podium, not Mr. Snot Bubbles.  Again, that's not saying that he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as a really good player this year.  But, just because he's on the #1 team, doesn't mean that he is that much better.  Question, would he have won it if SPuat was 8-4 or 9-4?

Here is why Suh should've won it:

1: 98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
2: 112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk
3: 116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk
4: 82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
#1 = Alabama's DL, #2 = Florida's DL, #3 = Texas' DL, #4 = Ndamukong Suh.......by himself.

damn that kid is good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
damn that kid is good.
When Suh didn't even get into the Top 3 for the Heisman Race....Unless things change, there will NEVER EVER be a DL or LB nominated as the best player in the Country.  Which is absolutely wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
 If you want to give a People's Heisman Trophy go ahead, I'll let Tate know to be on standby.

I didn't make this, but....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2009, 04:40:42 PM »
When Suh didn't even get into the Top 3 for the Heisman Race....Unless things change, there will NEVER EVER be a DL or LB nominated as the best player in the Country.  Which is absolutely wrong.

Suh was outstanding this season.  The best player in my opinion, but if Derrick Thomas only finished 10th in '88 after recording 27 sacks in a single season, Suh didn't deserve 4th place. 

The Heisman has been a joke for quite a while.  Which is why I'm a little surprised that you guys are making such a big deal about it this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »

I said basically that same thing this morning.  I'm now completely convinced that a purely defensive player will never win the Heisman Trophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Suh was outstanding this season.  The best player in my opinion, but if Derrick Thomas only finished 10th in '88 after recording 27 sacks in a single season, Suh didn't deserve 4th place. 

The Heisman has been a joke for quite a while.  Which is why I'm a little surprised that you guys are making such a big deal about it this year. 

You want to know why? 

Because last night at Macaroni Grill, I heard someone say, "Now the Aubs don't have anything over us." 

Not to mention, there was a nice little discussion on Rivals about how Ingram was just as good if not better than Bo Jackson. 

That's why it's a big deal.  There are some good Alabama fans out there.  I've got a few friends who I would never talk shit to.  But it seems like a majority of the message board posters and radio callers and the Alabama fans I don't know but I see in public - it seems like they are all poor sports and use anything positive for Alabama to belittle and degrade Auburn. 

When they start yabbering on about Ingram being better than Bo, about Auburn having no tradition, about Auburn not being any kind of a real football program, about how Auburn didn't really have a legitimate streak, about how Alabama has ALWAYS been the dominate program of this state, about how they have 12 NCs but Auburn only has .5, about how Auburn is the real dirty program and Bama has always been ganged up on by the NCAA, that's when everything becomes a big deal. 

Alabama fans could gain a lot of respect if they would display an ounce of humility.  Never going to happen, though.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2009, 07:50:23 PM »
You want to know why? 

Because last night at Macaroni Grill, I heard someone say, "Now the Aubs don't have anything over us." 

Not to mention, there was a nice little discussion on Rivals about how Ingram was just as good if not better than Bo Jackson. 

That's why it's a big deal.  There are some good Alabama fans out there.  I've got a few friends who I would never talk poop to.  But it seems like a majority of the message board posters and radio callers and the Alabama fans I don't know but I see in public - it seems like they are all poor sports and use anything positive for Alabama to belittle and degrade Auburn. 

When they start yabbering on about Ingram being better than Bo, about Auburn having no tradition, about Auburn not being any kind of a real football program, about how Auburn didn't really have a legitimate streak, about how Alabama has ALWAYS been the dominate program of this state, about how they have 12 NCs but Auburn only has .5, about how Auburn is the real dirty program and Bama has always been ganged up on by the NCAA, that's when everything becomes a big deal. 

Alabama fans could gain a lot of respect if they would display an ounce of humility.  Never going to happen, though.

I'm being serious right now, I really enjoyed your little story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
Not to mention, there was a nice little discussion on Rivals about how Ingram was just as good if not better than Bo Jackson. There is literally one person in that thread that said anything negative about Bo, and everybody else is beating him down.
You mean the thread that was started as a joke to fuck with AU lurkers who were only reading thread titles and not content, and has Alabama fans in it defending Bo?

I know your joking with the Barners, but Bo was the most genetically gifted athletes of my generation.

Mark has been awesome, but Bo was one of the best athelete's in our time. Hip injury kept him from becoming the best. Just another opinion.

I love Ingram, but he is NO Bo Jackson. Ingram = twice Bo, can only be said if you never say Bo play and have a huge set of crimson glasses on. Without the hip injury, its quite possible that Bo gets to the Hall of Fame in 2 professional sports. Just sick!

Bo Jackson was by any measure one of the greatest athletes of all time. The tragedy of his career was that injury ended it far too early.

Bo was the probably the best RB in the NFL the few years that he played. He was limited in terms of carries and games but was recognized as a great amongst his peers....

We don't have to like the Barn or their athletes.....but this critique of Bo Jackson....probably the greatest athlete to walk the earth is quite comical.

Those damn bammers.....I'm also sorry about your horrible ordeal at Macaroni Grill. Are you going to be OK?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:09:24 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2009, 08:54:32 PM »
You want to know why? 

That's why it's a big deal.  There are some good Alabama fans out there.  I've got a few friends who I would never talk poop to.  But it seems like a majority of the message board posters and radio callers and the Alabama fans I don't know but I see in public - it seems like they are all poor sports and use anything positive for Alabama to belittle and degrade Auburn. 

As RWS has already stated, that thread is a joke. 

I'm sure they'll be glad to know they succeeded in pissing an Auburn fan off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »
You mean the thread that was started as a joke to fuck with AU lurkers who were only reading thread titles and not content, and has Alabama fans in it defending Bo?

I know your joking with the Barners, but Bo was the most genetically gifted athletes of my generation.

Mark has been awesome, but Bo was one of the best athelete's in our time. Hip injury kept him from becoming the best. Just another opinion.

I love Ingram, but he is NO Bo Jackson. Ingram = twice Bo, can only be said if you never say Bo play and have a huge set of crimson glasses on. Without the hip injury, its quite possible that Bo gets to the Hall of Fame in 2 professional sports. Just sick!

Bo Jackson was by any measure one of the greatest athletes of all time. The tragedy of his career was that injury ended it far too early.

Bo was the probably the best RB in the NFL the few years that he played. He was limited in terms of carries and games but was recognized as a great amongst his peers....

We don't have to like the Barn or their athletes.....but this critique of Bo Jackson....probably the greatest athlete to walk the earth is quite comical.

Those damn bammers.....I'm also sorry about your horrible ordeal at Macaroni Grill. Are you going to be OK?

I'm pretty sure that the moderators over at BSol would love to know that you're posting their premium information on other websites, their premium information includes the message boards that can't be posted on unless you're a paying member.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »

In bad need of photo shop tears and snot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2009, 09:22:43 PM »

In bad need of photo shop tears and snot.
No..that's in bad need of a lot of things.  That Mcfarlane looks fuckin' Horrible.  Is that glue on the helmet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the moderators over at BSol would love to know that you're posting their premium information on other websites, their premium information includes the message boards that can't be posted on unless you're a paying member.
Yes, I'm sure they will be HUGELY interested in the "premium information" that I am stealing from their board and pasting here. When they do a War Room, Recruiting Nuggets, etc they put a disclaimer to not copy/paste to other places. No such rule applies to their regular message board posts, though. You have a Rivals account, go read the BOL board rules. Is it too much to ask for you to not be a dumbass about every single little thing?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:02:02 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »
To RWS - It wasn't BOL.  It was the Mainboard.  And there were zero Alabama fans disagreeing with the claim that Ingram was as good or better than Bo.  

To the other bammer-shits - I know you look for any opportunity to pounce on an Auburn fan for being upset with Alabama fans.  But that wasn't the point.  I didn't have a ruined meal last night because of Alabama fans.  You're completely missing it.

Your dumbass fanbase has a superiority complex.  I don't know why.  Maybe you live vicariously through your football team, and you're terrified of any one else ever be on par or better.  
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 10:07:16 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2009, 10:33:14 PM »
Last night, I'm at teh Mall here in Dothan getting a few Chrsitmas gifts.  Forgot completely that the Heisman thing was going on.  They have TV's in the food court and turns out we sat down when they were making the presentation.  When they announced, people started cheering and someone hollered, "Fuck Auburn".  The lady next to us jumped on the cell phone and was literally....literally...crying like a baby as she watched Ingram walk to the podium. 

I tossed my Chick-Filet Nuggets in the trash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."