Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Winner is...........

Re: Heisman Trophy Winner is...........
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
Last night, I'm at teh Mall here in Dothan getting a few Chrsitmas gifts.  Forgot completely that the Heisman thing was going on.  They have TV's in the food court and turns out we sat down when they were making the presentation.  When they announced, people started cheering and someone hollered, "Fuck Auburn".  The lady next to us jumped on the cell phone and was literally....literally...crying like a baby as she watched Ingram walk to the podium. 

I tossed my Chick-Filet Nuggets in the trash.

I have one better. I was at the local minor league hockey game in Columbus, GA. The Heisman announcement was broadcast live on the fucking scoreboard during the 2nd intermission. After he won, the PA announcer yelled "Roe Tahd" and then played Sweet Home Alabama. I got up and left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 10:53:39 PM »
I was studying....and I completely forgot it was going on...then my phone went nuts...the first text said "Fucking FUCK." 

I didn't bother to read the rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 11:17:57 PM »
You want to know why? 

Because last night at Macaroni Grill, I heard someone say, "Now the Aubs don't have anything over us." 

Not to mention, there was a nice little discussion on Rivals about how Ingram was just as good if not better than Bo Jackson. 

That's why it's a big deal.  There are some good Alabama fans out there.  I've got a few friends who I would never talk shit to.  But it seems like a majority of the message board posters and radio callers and the Alabama fans I don't know but I see in public - it seems like they are all poor sports and use anything positive for Alabama to belittle and degrade Auburn. 

When they start yabbering on about Ingram being better than Bo, about Auburn having no tradition, about Auburn not being any kind of a real football program, about how Auburn didn't really have a legitimate streak, about how Alabama has ALWAYS been the dominate program of this state, about how they have 12 NCs but Auburn only has .5, about how Auburn is the real dirty program and Bama has always been ganged up on by the NCAA, that's when everything becomes a big deal. 

Alabama fans could gain a lot of respect if they would display an ounce of humility.  Never going to happen, though.

Humility isn't all they need.... the real problem with them? They are, not all, but almost to a man, completely illogical.
They have to twist whatever set of facts into something that will support their sense of superiority and entitlement.
That recruit decommitted from alabama? They didn't want him... he knew he wouldn't be good enough to play there....didn't fit into Saban's grand vision
Auburn beat them only cause they were down...and that was only because that damn Auburn helped to get them in trouble....now things are back to where they should be.

They can not support anything else. Can not do it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Birmingham

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 11:22:29 PM »
Man you guys are making this thread fun to read.  Please, please, please don't stop telling stories about where you were last night when Ingram ruined your night.

By the way, Birdman, Chick-Fil-A charges like $70.00 for a sandwich.  I'd be damned before I through away $30.00 worth of a 6 piece nugget meal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »

By the way, Birdman, Chick-Fil-A charges like $70.00 for a sandwich.  I'd be damned before I through away $30.00 worth of a 6 piece nugget meal.

Anyone with a college degree and a decent job can afford Chic-Fil-A.

Shit, did I say that out loud? Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 11:26:39 PM »
Man you guys are making this thread fun to read.  Please, please, please don't stop telling stories about where you were last night when Ingram ruined your night.

By the way, Birdman, Chick-Fil-A charges like $70.00 for a sandwich.  I'd be damned before I through away $30.00 worth of a 6 piece nugget meal.

I speak for only myself. PLEASE GO FUCK YOURSELF VAGISIL!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:27:50 PM by Mr. Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 11:35:15 PM »
We pointed and laughed at the woman who openly shed tears of joy for a teenager she'd never met and has most likely never set foot near the hallowed grounds upon which Mark Ingram destroyed his hapless opponents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 11:43:44 PM »
If Auburn were 13-0, about to play for the National Championship and Ben Tate had just won the Heisman with his numbers, you would be celebrating just like most Bama fans.  Are some fans taking it too far?  Of course. That's what they do.  

It's the same bullshit award that is awarded EVERY YEAR to the "best player" on the "best team".  The only thing different this year is that a Bama player won it.    

Do those fans with the "Ingram is better than Bo" superiority complex need to settle the fuck down?  Yes.  BUT, that whole "fear the thumb" concept was a bitch and some people are still bitter about it.  Add all the stories about how Saban wouldn't recruit like he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't win the way he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't stay 3 years.  It's gonna take Saban 4+ years to get his players in, because he isn't a good X's and O's coach.  Saban this.  Saban that.  

The forecast was wrong.  Bad wrong.  So now they are going to give people shit, right or wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
If Auburn were 13-0, about to play for the National Championship and Ben Tate had just won the Heisman with his numbers, you would be celebrating just like most Bama fans.  Are some fans taking it too far?  Of course. That's what they do.  

It's the same bullshit award that is awarded EVERY YEAR to the "best player" on the "best team".  The only thing different this year is that a Bama player won it.    

Do those fans with the "Ingram is better than Bo" superiority complex need to settle the fuck down?  Yes.  BUT, that whole "fear the thumb" concept was a bitch and some people are still bitter about it.  Add all the stories about how Saban wouldn't recruit like he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't win the way he did at LSU.  Saban wouldn't stay 3 years.  It's gonna take Saban 4+ years to get his players in, because he isn't a good X's and O's coach.  Saban this.  Saban that.  

The forecast was wrong.  Bad wrong.  So now they are going to give people shit, right or wrong.
This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Birmingham

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »
Anyone with a college degree and a decent job can afford Chic-Fil-A.

poop, did I say that out loud? Sorry.

You misspelled the name of their restaurant.  You were given two examples of how to correctly spell it before you made your attempt.  Try harder next time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »
Last night, I'm at teh Mall here in Dothan getting a few Chrsitmas gifts.  Forgot completely that the Heisman thing was going on.  They have TV's in the food court and turns out we sat down when they were making the presentation.  When they announced, people started cheering and someone hollered, "phuk Auburn".  The lady next to us jumped on the cell phone and was literally....literally...crying like a baby as she watched Ingram walk to the podium. 

I tossed my Chick-Filet Nuggets in the trash.

:bugs:  Why did the nuggets have to get it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »
:bugs:  Why did the nuggets have to get it?

I felt bad about it afterward.  They didn't do anything wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:25 AM »
It's the same bullpoop award that is awarded EVERY YEAR to the "best player" on the "best team".  The only thing different this year is that a Bama player won it.   

I speak for myself here, but it's not the fact the fact that a bammer won it..........It's the fact that he isn't the best player on the team. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55:15 AM »
I speak for myself here, but it's not the fact the fact that a bammer won it..........It's the fact that he isn't the best player on the team. 
He is the best player whose father is in prison on one of the two best teams though...and that makes for a great storyline. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2009, 10:03:33 AM »
He is the best player whose father is in prison on one of the two best teams though...and that makes for a great storyline. 

Well since you put it that way........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
This.

I know what you're saying, bammers. It's been a team award and a popularity contest for a while now. But I honestly believe, bias aside, that this is the year the Heisman jumped the shark.

If it's a team award, fine. Even then, you could make a case that Ingram's not the best player on his team this year.

But to say he's the best player in college football right now is completely ludicrous.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:21:32 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
They were probably cooked by a bammer fan...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2009, 11:28:49 AM »

That is what I was thinking BIRDman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

No Huddle

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »
This.

I know what you're saying, bammers. It's been a team award and a popularity contest for a while now. But I honestly believe, bias aside, that this is the year the Heisman jumped the shark.

If it's a team award, fine. Even then, you could make a case that Ingram's not the best player on his team this year.

But to say he's the best player in college football right now is completely ludicrous.

I think Trent Richardson is better. Trent may be the leading rusher next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2009, 11:31:26 AM »
They were probably cooked by a bammer fan...

No I am sir I called in sick. :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions