Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Winner is...........

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
Re: Heisman Trophy Winner is...........
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:43 AM »
The only one crying tonight was Ingram.

Soooooooo... does that mean we can unleash unholy amounts of demotivational posters with Ingram crying on the Bama world?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2009, 12:21:58 AM »
The only one crying tonight was Ingram.

Soooooooo... does that mean we can unleash unholy amounts of demotivational posters with Ingram crying on the Bama world?
Yup
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 12:23:10 AM »
In fact... where's the Kanye chops?  LOL

The Heisman presentation would have been way funnier if Kanye West was there..... "hold on... I'm really happy for you, and Im'a let you finish... but Toby Gerhart is a WAY better running back than you."  hahaha
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 12:37:45 AM »
I've got no objection to an Alabama player winning the award. 

There have been years where I thought a player from Bama should have won.  Nobody in college football was more important to his team than Steadman Shealy when he was there.  Why that guy was never considered, I'll never know. 

There have been some truly great Bama players in the past. 

This guy?  He's a fat ass Kenny Irons with less flair and a worse vocabulary.   He's a poor man's Ben Tate on a stronger team.   He couldn't carry Carnell William's water bottle.

Ingram isn't the best, the second best, the third best, the fourth best or even the fifth best player on his own fucking team. 

That his boated face would be up there boo-hooing over the Heisman is a travesty.  Fucking clown show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 12:50:53 AM »
"Mr. Ingram, even though you didn't deserve any of the other awards, we've decided to give you the "atta boy" trophy (formerly known as the Heisman)....So, congratulations Mr. Ingram."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »
Once again, the Heisman proves that it's a sham, but I'm not surprised. 

Mark Ingram did what every voter wanted.  They all want a last minute reason to vote for a candidate. 

It's indicative of what college football has become.  "What have you done for me now?" 

Play a great game after your coaches developed a great plan for the passing game against Florida in the SECCG?  Give him the Heisman despite being benched to watch a true freshman win the game against Auburn. 

Play a poor game due to a Heisman candidate being in your face all night in the Big 12 championship game?  Give him 3rd place despite being the key player on an undefeated team and having numerous performances that screamed Heisman. 

But Ingram deserved it.  I honestly believe that.  I only wish the Heisman Trophy would be labeled what it really is.  It's a popularity contest.  Ingram is the most popular player right now.  Therefore, he deserves to join the likes of Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Reggie Bush, OJ Simpson, Ricky Williams, Barry Sanders, Marcus Allen, and Archie Griffith. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 01:38:48 AM »
Name                       Team    Carries  Yards   AVG     TD
1 Toby Gerhart,     RB STAN    311      1736   5.6       26
2 Ryan Mathews,   RB  FRES    245      1664   6.8      17
3 Dion Lewis,        RB  PITT     297      1640   5.5      16
4 Donald Buckram, RB  UTEP    259      1594   6.2      18
5 *Mark Ingram,     RB   ALA       249     1542   6.2      15

*Heisman Trophy winner. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 02:52:25 AM »
It will piss off the Aubs so Im all for it in that regard. Otherwise this award has been pretty crappy since the 90s

Pretty much how I feel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 06:35:07 AM »
After watching his acceptance speech, I gained an ounce of respect for the guy.
This.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 06:35:40 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Birmingham

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »
Name                       Team    Carries  Yards   AVG     TD
1 Toby Gerhart,     RB STAN    311      1736   5.6       26
2 Ryan Mathews,   RB  FRES    245      1664   6.8      17
3 Dion Lewis,        RB  PITT     297      1640   5.5      16
4 Donald Buckram, RB  UTEP    259      1594   6.2      18
5 *Mark Ingram,     RB   ALA       249     1542   6.2      15

*Heisman Trophy winner. 

Interesting stats.  Tell you what, since this is a greatest college football player award and not a greatest college running back award how about throwing in all of the receptions, reception yards and receiving touchdowns as well.  I'll bet the results are interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
This guy?  He's a fat ass Kenny Irons with less flair and a worse vocabulary.   He's a poor man's Ben Tate on a stronger team.   He couldn't carry Carnell William's water bottle.

That his boated face would be up there boo-hooing over the Heisman is a travesty.  phuking clown show.

You truly sound like a whining bitch right now.  By the way, referring to Heisman winning running back Mark Ingram as a "poor man's Ben Tate" is probably the stupidest thing you've said in the 2+ years you've been here.  I'm starting to think that you actually are Ben Tate.  He's the only one I know that would say that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »
Scruh the Heisman

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2009, 10:55:41 AM »
Interesting stats.  Tell you what, since this is a greatest college football player award and not a greatest college running back award how about throwing in all of the receptions, reception yards and receiving touchdowns as well.  I'll bet the results are interesting.

1 Danario Alexander, WR MIZZ 107 1644 15.4 84 13
2 Greg Salas, WR HAW 106 1590 15.0 66 8
3 Freddie Barnes, WR BGSU 138 1551 11.2 59 16
4 Golden Tate, WR ND 93 1496 16.1 78 15
5 Jordan Shipley, WR TEX 106 1363 12.9 88 11

That's odd.  I don't see Ingram's name there at all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »
1 Danario Alexander, WR MIZZ 107 1644 15.4 84 13
2 Greg Salas, WR HAW 106 1590 15.0 66 8
3 Freddie Barnes, WR BGSU 138 1551 11.2 59 16
4 Golden Tate, WR ND 93 1496 16.1 78 15
5 Jordan Shipley, WR TEX 106 1363 12.9 88 11

That's odd.  I don't see Ingram's name there at all. 

That's odd, I thought you were gonna add the receiving stats to the 5 running backs that you had listed.  I wonder why you didn't do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »
That's odd, I thought you were gonna add the receiving stats to the 5 running backs that you had listed.  I wonder why you didn't do that.

I would have you do it... but you're not good with numbers....

Or finding Bryant Denny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:29 AM »
I would have you do it... but you're not good with numbers....

Or finding Bryant Denny.

Or finding Bryant Denny?  I'm sure that probably means something in your mind so I'll just say okay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »

Would it make that much of a difference? 

Ingram had 300 and something yards with a few touchdowns.  The other guys had about 150.  Does 150 extra yards make Ingram the best player in college football? 

It's a crock of shit, and you know it.  I'm happy for the kid, and I know you'll celebrate.  But to defend Ingram as if he's worthy of being named the MVP in all of college is ludicrous. 

All arguments for Ingram from bammers and media analysts have displayed room temperature IQs.  Don't fall into that category, Vagisil. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »
Would it make that much of a difference?  

Ingram had 300 and something yards with a few touchdowns.  The other guys had about 150.  Does 150 extra yards make Ingram the best player in college football?  
Does 194 extra rushing yards on 62 extra carries make Gerhart the clear cut best player in college football? It seems as though you believe this, since you were the one posting stats on page 2. For that matter, Gerhart is a senior and Ingram is only a sophomore. You act as if Ingram clearly doesn't even belong in the same discussion as Gerhart. THAT is ludicrous.

I'm not even saying that he was clearly the obvious choice to win it. You could have damn near flipped a coin on a winner this year and made a case for each one. Shit, alot of you here were saying before the Iron Bowl that if AU could just shut Ingram down, AU could probably win. Thats been the case nearly every game we played this season. When the kid is identified to everybody as "musy shut down" to have a shot at winning, how does he not belong in the discussion? How is he not pretty important? Especially when on his back, Alabama is playing for the NC.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:09:48 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ibelonginprison

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
Does 194 extra rushing yards on 62 extra carries make Gerhart the clear cut best player in college football? It seems as though you believe this, since you were the one posting stats on page 2. For that matter, Gerhart is a senior and Ingram is only a sophomore. You act as if Ingram clearly doesn't even belong in the same discussion as Ingram. THAT is ludicrous.

I'm not even saying that he was clearly the obvious choice to win it. You could have damn near flipped a coin on a winner this year and made a case for each one. Shit, alot of you here were saying before the Iron Bowl that if AU could just shut Ingram down, AU could probably win. Thats been the case nearly every game we played this season. When the kid is identified to everybody as "musy shut down" to have a shot at winning, how does he not belong in the discussion? How is he not pretty important? Especially when on his back, Alabama is playing for the NC.

Huh? 

You're logic is so fucked up that you even confuse yourself.
Makes me wish Gerhart had a conference championship to rack up some more stats with.  The dude's team lost 4 games, and he still had 10 or so more touchdowns than Ingram did before the SEC CG.  lmao
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »
Not to mention he was never left in a game to pad his stats.  We played against 2-3 powder puffs that he played very minimal time in.  Look, I'm just being reasonable.  As RWS said you can make a case for each.  You can also make a case why each shouldn't get it.  At the end of the day I don't have to defend bullpoop nor try and convince you of anything.  Mark Ingram is the Heisman Trophy winner and I think he deserved it.  So did the voters.  If you want to give a People's Heisman Trophy go ahead, I'll let Tate know to be on standby.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:18:10 PM by Vagisil »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions