Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jerrell Harris To Transfer?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Jerrell Harris To Transfer?
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
I wonder if the fishing trip was less than the cost of steak?
BOOM!!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 01:59:08 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »
Or a ride home from the movies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »
The next time you I see you in front of me to start a match, you're getting a 3 round burst from my M16 in the melon. 

:)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:00:22 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
RWS, don't do it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 02:05:18 PM »
Do you think he's a double secret agent too?

RWS obviously doesn't see how ridiculous that is. I wonder how much of the fanbase thinks like he does? I'm guessing a majority...
For the record, I never said the guy was an AU booster, or that he was part of "Operation Red Dog". I thought the whole ORD thing was bullshit, and it solidified my position when I heard that Finebaum got all of the proof mailed to him. Prowler is the one that pushed that ORD was real, they had all kinds of info, blah blah blah. My assertion was that if the guy has a kid at AU, is friends with AU boosters, business partners with AU boosters, its pretty damn unlikely that the guy is in the REC. If somebody was going to make the case that he was part of the REC, there is plenty of shit I could point to that says he could be an AU booster as well. But as for my personal opinion? I don't think he's a booster of any school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2010, 02:27:24 PM »
But as for my personal opinion? I don't think he's a booster of any school.
Yup.

Just an old white guy that loves hanging out with/giving "gifts" to 18 year old black kids who all just so happen to be signing with Alabama.

Makes sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
Yup.

Just an old white guy that loves hanging out with/giving "gifts" to 18 year old black kids who all just so happen to be signing with Alabama.

Makes sense.
See, I knew if you just sat and thought about it for a moment, it would come to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 02:42:30 PM »
Yeah, because going on a fishing trip is the same as robbing a phuking bank.

Aside from the softball sized logical fallacy begging to be slapped out of the park, I'll sum this up real quick so we don't have to rehash for the 14th time.

Man pays for Julio and Ingram to go fishing.  University finds out about it and turned it into the NCAA.  NCAA deems the fishing trip to be worth less than X amount of dollars and allows both to pay back the cost of the trip to a charity.  Man also gives Jerrell a laptop, who is also turned in to the NCAA.  NCAA suspends Harris for 6 games.

RWS swears Mr. Anderson is an Auburn booster(because he has some ties to Auburn) and is part of operation red dog to bring Alabama down.  Prowler has sources who say Mr. Anderson is part of the REC and is an Alabama booster.  

There.  I just saved everyone 8 pages of bullpoop.  Now let's get back to Prowler's texting adventures.  

Yeah, that's what I meant, I'm just that stupid, I thought robbing a bank was the same as fishing.  My point (and the logic) is the same.  The point was that it's not really a punishment to only have to reimburse that which was given to you against the rules.  That isn't a penalty or a punishment.  I tried the bank robbing example in hopes it would make the point more clear.  Meaning, when you break a rule, simply back-pedaling and undoing what it is you did is not punishment.  

If Reggie Bush just gives back the $350,000 he and his family took...that is not a punishment or a penalty. In fact, the NCAA doesn't give a shit what he does as far as paying back those wannabe "agents".  They only care about the rules that were broken and what the penalties will be.

When you don't pay your taxes and get caught, they don't just say "well, just pay what you owe and don't do it again".  No, they take what you owe AND charge you interest and penalties (or lock your ass up).  And don't think I'm comparing fishing trips with taxes here.  I'm simply using another example of how when you break rules, there are consequences.  Paying the taxes you evaded is not a penalty.  Sitting in jail for 3 years is the penalty.

Look, I don't think any of it is that big of a deal.  But you have to admit that there is no LOGIC in calling payment to a charity in the amount of the fishing trip a punishment or a penalty.  If it wasn't breaking rules, then let it go.  If it was breaking some rules, then there should be a fitting penalty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
But as for my personal opinion? I don't think he's a booster of any school.

You keep leaving  :sarcasm: off of the end of your posts. 

Seriously, you can't really believe that.  How does he even know these kids?  Where did they even come in contact with each other? 

Give me a list of all of the realistic ways this laptop transfer and fishing trip came about with kids that happen to be Alabama football players.  Serious and realistic. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
Heh, Tokens head is going to explode.  Just wait until Prowler gets here to join the discussion!  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Token

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2010, 02:54:30 PM »
Yeah, that's what I meant, I'm just that stupid, I thought robbing a bank was the same as fishing.  My point (and the logic) is the same.  The point was that it's not really a punishment to only have to reimburse that which was given to you against the rules.  That isn't a penalty or a punishment.  I tried the bank robbing example in hopes it would make the point more clear.  Meaning, when you break a rule, simply back-pedaling and undoing what it is you did is not punishment.  

If Reggie Bush just gives back the $350,000 he and his family took...that is not a punishment or a penalty. In fact, the NCAA doesn't give a poop what he does as far as paying back those wannabe "agents".  They only care about the rules that were broken and what the penalties will be.

When you don't pay your taxes and get caught, they don't just say "well, just pay what you owe and don't do it again".  No, they take what you owe AND charge you interest and penalties (or lock your ass up).  And don't think I'm comparing fishing trips with taxes here.  I'm simply using another example of how when you break rules, there are consequences.  Paying the taxes you evaded is not a penalty.  Sitting in jail for 3 years is the penalty.

Look, I don't think any of it is that big of a deal.  But you have to admit that there is no LOGIC in calling payment to a charity in the amount of the fishing trip a punishment or a penalty.  If it wasn't breaking rules, then let it go.  If it was breaking some rules, then there should be a fitting penalty.

Going on a fishing trip isn't a crime.  That's why the comparisons fail.  

As for the actual penalty of being allowed to pay amount back to a charity, take it up with the NCAA.  Silly or not, it's their jurisdiction.  They make the rules and punishments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »

They would have gotten three years and a TV ban if they'd caught any fish and/or eaten them. 

Corky says hey. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2010, 03:01:27 PM »
For the record, I never said the guy was an AU booster, or that he was part of "Operation Red Dog". I thought the whole ORD thing was bullshit, and it solidified my position when I heard that Finebaum got all of the proof mailed to him. Prowler is the one that pushed that ORD was real, they had all kinds of info, blah blah blah. My assertion was that if the guy has a kid at AU, is friends with AU boosters, business partners with AU boosters, its pretty damn unlikely that the guy is in the REC. If somebody was going to make the case that he was part of the REC, there is plenty of shit I could point to that says he could be an AU booster as well. But as for my personal opinion? I don't think he's a booster of any school.

Prowler is mentally challenged and a danger to himself.  Please bear that in mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »

Feeding a hungry man isn't a crime either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »
Feeding a hungry man isn't a crime either.

Hey, BG03, keep that shit down home, cuz I ain't listening. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 03:09:09 PM »

As for the actual penalty of being allowed to pay amount back to a charity, take it up with the NCAA.  Silly or not, it's their jurisdiction.  They make the rules and punishments.

Again, I wasn't insinuating that it was a crime or should be compared to a crime.  I was trying (and failing in your eyes) to draw the comparison to the broader idea of the fact that there are consequences to breaking rules (crimes or otherwise).  

When my child disobeys, it's no crime, but there are consequences.  Holding against the offense isn't a crime, but it costs a team a penalty of 10 yards.  Even if it only helped the offense gain 2 single yards.  They don't just make the offense give back the 2 yards or donate them to the 2008 Auburn offense.  The penalty is 10 yards.

And you're right, silly or not, it is their jurisdiction.  It's the "silly" part that I was addressing, as I think it was just that...silly.  Not silly that they made them give money to a charity, that's a good idea....but silly that it was considered to be the punishment....because it's not one.  That's all I was ever getting at.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 03:10:50 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
Again, I wasn't insinuating that it was a crime or should be compared to a crime.  I was trying (and failing in your eyes) to draw the comparison to the broader idea of the fact that there are consequences to breaking rules (crimes or otherwise).  

When my child disobeys, it's no crime, but there are consequences.  Holding against the offense isn't a crime, but it costs a team a penalty of 10 yards.  Even if it only helped the offense gain 2 single yards.  They don't just make the offense give back the 2 yards or donate them to the 2008 Auburn offense.  The penalty is 10 yards.

And you're right, silly or not, it is their jurisdiction.  It's the "silly" part that I was addressing, as I think it was just that...silly.  Not silly that they made them give money to a charity, that's a good idea....but silly that it was considered to be the punishment....because it's not one.  That's all I was ever getting at.

Can we not use the tax analogy any more?  That one made me sort of ill. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2010, 08:10:13 PM »
The Package was real and it did have some very interesting things in it (things that would require a little digging, but not much if the right people are spoken too).  Another thing, Anderson has REC friends too and SPuat alum business partners and has family at SPuat.  Like I've said before, regarding Mr. Anderson, keep hounding him...I'm sure that the REC would love to see him speaking out.  Mr. Anderson isn't a booster of any school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Token

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »
The Package was real and it did have some very interesting things in it (things that would require a little digging, but not much if the right people are spoken too).  Another thing, Anderson has REC friends too and SPuat alum business partners and has family at SPuat.  Like I've said before, regarding Mr. Anderson, keep hounding him...I'm sure that the REC would love to see him speaking out.  Mr. Anderson isn't a booster of any school.

So, what about Harris transferring to UNA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions