Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2011 NFL Collective Barganing Agreement

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
2011 NFL Collective Barganing Agreement
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
While the agreement is not set in stone, most experts expect the NFL to put a salary cap limit on incoming Rookies for 2011.  So that you can avoid the outrageous salaries and quite frankly some of the disdain of the veterans who get a little pissed that these guys get more money than they do.

So.....that being said it begs the question what Juniors are going to go this year to the NFL to avoid a potential salary cap?  IMO I think the cap will pass and I think you are going to see a lot of juniors go pro who ordinarily would not. 

Who do you think AU loses if any? and I am curious from our resident bama fans who they think they might lose this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: 2011 NFL Collective Barganing Agreement
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:22 AM »
While the agreement is not set in stone, most experts expect the NFL to put a salary cap limit on incoming Rookies for 2011.  So that you can avoid the outrageous salaries and quite frankly some of the disdain of the veterans who get a little pissed that these guys get more money than they do.

So.....that being said it begs the question what Juniors are going to go this year to the NFL to avoid a potential salary cap?  IMO I think the cap will pass and I think you are going to see a lot of juniors go pro who ordinarily would not. 

Who do you think AU loses if any? and I am curious from our resident bama fans who they think they might lose this year.

I think this is what makes McClain come out early if he does. I dont see any advantage to him staying. He is a beast.

Also may have played a part in Tate and Clausen coming out early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
Also may have played a part in Tate and Clausen coming out early.
I think it is the exact reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
If we win the NC, McClain goes. If not, he stays. Alot of fans have been talking about Kareem Jackson going early. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. The guy is a serviceable DB, don't get me wrong. However, he's certainly no Arenas, even though he has improved from last season. He still has a tendancy of getting burned more often than not and really isn't ready for the NFL. Other than those two, we don't really have anybody noteworthy who might go.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler