Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Penalties From Big Cat Weekend Violations Released

Re: Penalties From Big Cat Weekend Violations Released
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:47 PM »
I have a link to a statement from CA and his attorney saying he has a kid attending AU. You have a link to back up what you are saying? It probably needs to be better than a PM you sent somebody a few weeks ago saying he went to UA at one time.

To receive gifts not affiliated with the athletic scholarship from anyone is considered improper and a major violation of NCAA rules.  Whether or not Anderson is a Bammer, Aubie, Gator, or Seminole is moot.  You want credentials?  I worked in the recruiting office for three years while attending Auburn University.  

The bigger issue (which I still think will show up next year) is that the compliance office approved the fishing trip.  The SEC office ok'd the compliance.  NCAA said hold a second.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
The biggest problem here is that "our" beat writer is the one that called the NCAA bitching about this.  He's the one who dragged it out and made an issue of it.  He's the one who demanded to know what the penalties were via the FIA.  

He's the one we need to turn our ire upon.  Those of you with clout?  Call the MPR.  Demand that this wormy fucking  bastard be relieved of his duties as Auburn beat reporter.  Media is bad enough without one of them ACTIVELY trying to drag us down.  

Fuck this bastard.  I will be lodging my complaint with the MPR tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »
What field did Taylor graduate in from Auburn?
I'm talking about AWK, not Trooper.

Everything that went down that weekend that was planned by the staff had passed compliance before it ever happened.

They checked on whether or not they could introduce the kids. They couldn't. But a student could, which is why they got the scrawny white kid to do it.

They announced that all those kids' visit was going to be on that day. Nothing illegal there. Students on campus knew that prospects were in town. If Auburn police closed a street, it was in reaction to seeing a large crowd gather, and when they learned why, decided it was the safe thing to do. How is that evidence that that the athletic department orchestrated an "event"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 09:30:52 PM »
The blatant sign of defeat.   :haha:
I'm just not going to get drawn into a Prowler-esqe argument. You are obiously entrenched with "Well, he said so. So THERE!" How exactly do you want me to argue against that stance? I mean, if you're looking at what happened and then still claim that it was aaaaaaaaaalllllll just coincidence and misunderstanding that all of that happened, and none if it was by design, then I don't think we're even arguing on the same level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
I have a link to a statement from CA and his attorney saying he has a kid attending AU. You have a link to back up what you are saying?
I know that he has a son attending Auburn, but he also has a couple of close kin attending SPuat.  A link to his freshman days at SPuat?  LMAO!!!  What you bammers should do is just keep hounding him, call him, email and text him....just harrass the shit outta him, get your buddy Mike "I've got Sheban's cock 3" deep into my throat" Slime to call him too.  Y'all won't like what you hear, is all I've got to say about the matter.

Back to the Original Topic:
Auburn couldn't contact the six prospects, they get a commitment from two of them (Jessel Curry and Trovon Reed), Auburn is also still in the running for Lache, Latt. and Mack.  Fortt would've been a nice pickup, but I'm Extremely happy with our LBer class as it stands, so no loss there.

Also, I guess that means Aubie got a letter of reprimand...LMAO!!!  (Better watch out Nova and Tiger, you could get the letter too).

Another thing, the punishment is already over with.  Auburn was getting Big Time commiments during the probation period that is now over with....Hit the skreets runnin' Coach Troop make sure to stop by and see Mr. Morgan Moses while you're out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 08:07:12 PM by The Eye Gouger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 09:32:02 PM »
To receive gifts not affiliated with the athletic scholarship from anyone is considered improper and a major violation of NCAA rules.  Whether or not Anderson is a Bammer, Aubie, Gator, or Seminole is moot.  You want credentials?  I worked in the recruiting office for three years while attending Auburn University.  

The bigger issue (which I still think will show up next year) is that the compliance office approved the fishing trip.  The SEC office ok'd the compliance.  NCAA said hold a second.  
And the Secretary was fired after it was brought to light....just sayin'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 09:32:26 PM »
They announced that all those kids' visit was going to be on that day. Nothing illegal there.
Wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:40 PM »
I know that he has a son attending Auburn, but he also has a couple of close kin attending SPuat.  A link to his freshman days at SPuat?  LMAO!!!  
Well then, since he has some close kin currently attending UA, lets see the proof of that. Perhaps that would be easier to prove than proving he went to UA when he was younger? I mean, its easy enough just telling their names, right? We can all do a directory search on UA's site.

And also, on the announcing thing, if the event is deemed as an organized recruiting event (which it was), then players cannot be introduced by anybody. Scrawny white guy. Fat black guy. Awkward Asian guy. You.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:38:56 PM by CBS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
I'm just not going to get drawn into a Prowler-esqe argument. You are obiously entrenched with "Well, he said so. So THERE!" How exactly do you want me to argue against that stance? I mean, if you're looking at what happened and then still claim that it was aaaaaaaaaalllllll just coincidence and misunderstanding that all of that happened, and none if it was by design, then I don't think we're even arguing on the same level.

You mad.  Typos tell the story.  

AAALLLLLL just coincidence?  No.  Not in the slightest.  The issue here is that we committed secondary violations but are receiving unjust punishments.  

The violations?  Unintentional.  On record is a member of the media who was there claiming that he went to Auburn.  On record (the infamous video) is a student announcing the names - not the coaches.  Not an NCAA violation for a frat kid to shout names out.  

The punishments were handed down with the prima facie evidence.  It's like Slive and his cronies didn't even look at the rebuttals.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 09:42:43 PM »
They announced that all those kids' visit was going to be on that day. Nothing illegal there.
Wrong.
Wrong? What? That their visits weren't announced or that it wasn't illegal?

There's a solid case against every single Rivals & Scout article ever then.

And also, on the announcing thing, if the event is deemed as an organized recruiting event (which it was), then players cannot be introduced by anybody. Scrawny white guy. Fat black guy. Awkward Asian guy. You.
Wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:47:20 PM »
The biggest problem here is that "our" beat writer is the one that called the NCAA bitching about this.  He's the one who dragged it out and made an issue of it.  He's the one who demanded to know what the penalties were via the FIA.  

He's the one we need to turn our ire upon.  Those of you with clout?  Call the MPR.  Demand that this wormy fucking  bastard be relieved of his duties as Auburn beat reporter.  Media is bad enough without one of them ACTIVELY trying to drag us down.  

Fuck this bastard.  I will be lodging my complaint with the MPR tomorrow.
Email address?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 09:48:50 PM »
At least we haven't been referred to as "serial repeat violators".

What it all boils down to is the bammer nation is scared. They know what's coming and they are trying their best to do anything to derail it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
At least we haven't been referred to as "serial repeat violators".

What it all boils down to is the bammer nation is scared. They know what's coming and they are trying their best to do anything to derail it.

Who is leading the charge?  AU beat writers.  Mike Slive.  AU athletic department. 

Two of those are supposed to be helping Bama be scared not alleviate their stress.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 10:05:50 PM »
You mad.  TyposThis shitty wireless keyboard with almost dead batteries tell the story.  
You should know from the bullshit I take here that I don't get mad over message board bullshit.

AAALLLLLL just coincidence?  No.  Not in the slightest.  The issue here is that we committed secondary violations but are receiving unjust punishments.  
Good. We can agree on something. Now, go back and see my post about how secondary violations are supposed to be purely incidental in nature.

The violations?  Unintentional.  On record is a member of the media who was there claiming that he went to Auburn.  On record (the infamous video) is a student announcing the names - not the coaches.  Not an NCAA violation for a frat kid to shout names out.  
If an event is deemed an organized recruiting event, nobody can announce names.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
Wrong? What? That their visits weren't announced or that it wasn't illegal?

There's a solid case against every single Rivals & Scout article ever then.
Wrong.
A school is not allowed to announce a list of visitors. The media is not supposed to get this info from AU, and AU sure as hell knows they are not supposed to give the info out. Rivals or Scout is supposed to get the info from the recruit himself, be it in the form of them calling random recruits randomly asking when they are going to visit, or be it in the form of the recruit texting/calling a contact with a service to tell them they are going to visit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »
What it all boils down to is the bammer nation is scared.
No matter how many times you and Prowler repeat it, it doesn't make it any more true. You can put the following quote in your hard drive, signature, spank bank, wherever: I am not afraid of Gene Chizik or his recruiting at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »
Email address?

I'm going in person.  Somebody is going to talk to me. 

If you can't see them face to face...

Randy Kennedy (rkennedy@press-register.com) is the sports editor. 

Publisher Ricky R. Mathews can be reached by phone at (251) 219-5673

Editor Mike Marshall can be reached by phone at (251) 219-5634

Managing Editor Dewey English can be reached at (251) 219-5612
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »
If an event is deemed an organized recruiting event, nobody can announce names.
Wrong. Still.

This has been discussed. A coach or member of the Auburn athletic department can't announce their names. There is no rule against some random frat kid yelling out their names into the crowd. A rational person can plainly see this. In other words not this guy ---> :bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 10:25:43 PM »
A school is not allowed to announce a list of visitors. The media is not supposed to get this info from AU, and AU sure as hell knows they are not supposed to give the info out. Rivals or Scout is supposed to get the info from the recruit himself, be it in the form of them calling random recruits randomly asking when they are going to visit, or be it in the form of the recruit texting/calling a contact with a service to tell them they are going to visit.
Show me the verbage that says this is a violation. To say "We're going to have a huge weekend in recruiting visits" and giving it a cute name like the "Big Cat Weekend".

Either way, it was common knowledge by anyone with a message board, be it through Rivals, Scout, or whatever.

There were only like 100 or so people there. If it were an athletic department-sanctioned event, I can assure you it would have been much more crowded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions