No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: This is about 4 months old, but damn it's sad/funny
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:01:29 PM »
http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local/article/video_raw_video_from_antwon_womacks_press_conference/88037/

The irony is overwhelming.

Birmingham politics is such a black hole...
The world strutinated is actually used.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »
And here's some new clips for you.

This guy's running to replace LaLa.

http://wadeonbirmingham.com/2009/12/01/vote-2009-harry-traveling-shoes-turner-mayor-video/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
And here's some new clips for you.

This guy's running to replace LaLa.

http://wadeonbirmingham.com/2009/12/01/vote-2009-harry-traveling-shoes-turner-mayor-video/

If I lived in Birmingham, he would get my vote for sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »
...Or maybe I vote for this guy.

Birmingham mayor's race: T.C. Cannon says he can set city on course in 2 years
By Lisa Osburn -- The Birmingham News
December 02, 2009, 10:29AM

T.C. Cannon’s goals for Birmingham include him becoming a one-term mayor, or in this case, a half-term mayor.

The 72-year-old bar owner said serving out for­mer Mayor Larry Langford’s term would be enough for him to get the city headed in a positive direction.

“I’m obviously the oldest and most experienced can­didate,” he said. “I am a proven winner. My initials, T.C., that is for total clarity  :vn:. There will be no locked doors and every penny will be accounted for immedi­ately.”

Campaigning in a green University of Alabama at Birmingham jacket, Cannon jokes that his wardrobe will be a step down from the previous administration, but his proven business skills will make up for that.

Cannon has owned bars in Birmingham for about 50 years. He currently is work­ing to reopen the TC bar in Lakeview.

Cannon calls UAB the city’s lifeblood, but said the institution is isolated in Southside. He said the Uni­versity of Alabama trustees keep UAB’s undergraduate program from reaching its full potential — a situation the Birmingham mayor should address since it di­rectly impacts the city’s growth, Cannon said.

Cannon wants a new ath­letic complex at UAB with track facilities. That would give the city legitimate op­portunities to bid for future Olympics, he said.

His plan for the city in­cludes a convertible sta­dium located where the planned Railroad Reserva­tion Park is being built, link­ing Southside to downtown. Cannon said the project would be built with private backing, not tax money. Transit would then link dif­ferent attractions through­out the city.

He said previous city leaders have settled for the “status quo,” ignoring the city’s potential and re­sources.

Although Cannon has un­successfully campaigned for mayor and City Council in the past, he said this race is different.

“The ill-gotten forces of the past did not have time to mobilize.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
I miss Auburn football not living there.

I am glad I don't in Alabama anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'