Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Texas

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Texas
« on: December 05, 2009, 08:58:56 PM »
forgot to show up too.  What the hell?  Looks like McCoy is engraving Ingrams name on the damn heisman too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
forgot to show up too.  What the hell?  Looks like McCoy is engraving Ingrams name on the damn heisman too.
No shit. This certainly isn't the same Nebraska that lost to Iowa St.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 09:53:06 PM »
Looks like the same Nebraska team to me. 29 yards of total offense at halftime. Hellacious Pellini defense keeping them in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 10:36:34 PM »
Here is how they will finsh Colt, Toby, Tim, CJ and then Mark.
IMO...it'll be Colt, Toby, Mark, Tebow and then Spiller.  Also, Toby and Ingram could flip flop.  If Nebraska picks Colt left and right (about 3 or 4 Int.) then if Ingram has his Average rushing day, Ingram could jump back up into the top spot.

Tall order for Ingram. UF's defense is no joke and I think Colt will be fine against The Cornhuskers.
We'll see about that.

Signed,

Ndamukong "King Kong" Suh

I know that the Texas/Neb. game isn't over yet, but it looks like "The Blackshirts" are killing Texas' offensive linemen.  IMO, Nebraska's front four is the best in the entire country.  Also, Ndamukong Suh could be the first NCAA player to grab every award given to their side of the ball...I'm talkin' Nagurski, Lombardi/Rotary, Lott, Outland, Bednarik, NCAA Defensive Player of the year....Also, he could very well be the #1 NFL Draft Pick.  Suh is an absolute BEAST.  I've seen some highlights of him, but I've never seen a DT take on a double team, then three seconds later be in the backfield to throw (Literally THROW) the QB five yards back.

*2:00 left in the third qtr....SUH!!! has 8.5 Tackles 3.5 Sacks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:39:26 PM by The Eye Gouger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:43:01 PM »
No shit. This certainly isn't the same Nebraska that lost to Iowa St.
This year's Nebraska team is what it would look like if you combined this year's SPuat Defense with Auburn's '08 Offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »
If the Heisman is truly to award the "most outstanding" player in college football then Ndamukong Suh should win it IMO.  He is a freaking beast of a player and I don't know anyone that is as dominating as he is this year. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 11:20:15 PM »
Texas' OL has given up 8 sacks tonight.

Nebraska's starting DL:
LDE Barry Turner 6-3, 265, Sr., 3V
DT Ndamukong Suh 6-4, 300, Sr., 3V
DT Jared Crick 6-6, 280, So., 1V
RDE Pierre Allen 6-5, 265, Jr., 2V

Alabama's starting DL:
DE L. Washington 6-5, 290, Sr., 3V
NT Terrence Cody 6-5, 365, Sr., 1V
DE Marcell Dareus 6-3, 280, So., 1V

If Nebraska's DL can cause 8 sacks against Texas' OL, I have no doubt Alabama can cause a little chaos. Assuming Texas doesn't fuck this up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:21:23 PM by CBS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »
WOW. All Nebraska has to do is kick that off inbounds and they have a pretty damn good shot at winning. But no, they kick it out of bounds, then horse collar tackle. Wow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »
IMO...it'll be Colt, Toby, Mark, Tebow and then Spiller.  Also, Toby and Ingram could flip flop.  If Nebraska picks Colt left and right (about 3 or 4 Int.) then if Ingram has his Average rushing day, Ingram could jump back up into the top spot.
We'll see about that.

Signed,

Ndamukong "King Kong" Suh

I know that the Texas/Neb. game isn't over yet, but it looks like "The Blackshirts" are killing Texas' offensive linemen.  IMO, Nebraska's front four is the best in the entire country.  Also, Ndamukong Suh could be the first NCAA player to grab every award given to their side of the ball...I'm talkin' Nagurski, Lombardi/Rotary, Lott, Outland, Bednarik, NCAA Defensive Player of the year....Also, he could very well be the #1 NFL Draft Pick.  Suh is an absolute BEAST.  I've seen some highlights of him, but I've never seen a DT take on a double team, then three seconds later be in the backfield to throw (Literally THROW) the QB five yards back.

*2:00 left in the third qtr....SUH!!! has 8.5 Tackles 3.5 Sacks.

I guess I was wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

RWS

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:31:39 PM »
Wow. Texas is incredibly fucking lucky for that 1 second back on the clock. It was the right call, and I'm glad they went back and checked it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 11:41:09 PM »
The kickoff out of bounds was a huge mistake, Texas was lucky to get in field range, a normal kickoff and Nebraska wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
The kickoff out of bounds was a huge mistake, Texas was lucky to get in field range, a normal kickoff and Nebraska wins.
Yeah, that was a very big mistake...he should've just drilled it deep, because the freshman returner would've probably just slipped down again at the one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10481260/Texas-shouldn't-have-gotten-a-'second'-chance

Texas shouldn't have gotten a 'second' chanceby Don Borst, FOXSports.com

add this RSS email print
Updated: December 6, 2009, 1:30 PM EST 967 comments
The voters should do what the Big 12 game officials didn't have the guts to do.

That is, put Texas Christian (or Cincinnati, for that matter) into the BCS national championship game.
It's too bad it won't happen. The referees have an excuse: They work for the Big 12 Conference, which desperately needed Texas to avoid an upset by Nebraska.

The voters have no excuse. They still get to choose among undefeated teams to put in the national championship game against Alabama. But chances are, they will choose Texas.

Four times over the years, the Big 12 has screwed itself out of the national title game with a huge upset in the conference championship game. They weren't going to allow that to happen again, no matter how dominant Ndamukong Suh was for Nebraska.

Look, I don't hate the Longhorns. And I don't root for TCU, or Cincinnati ... or Nebraska. I don't hate the BCS, and I don't necessarily even crave a playoff tournament.

But that ending of the Big 12 championship game was just wrong.

Here's exactly what happened: There were 24 incomplete passes in the Texas-Nebraska game. On every one of them — every single one (I know, I went back and checked in slow motion) — the game clock ticked off that second, and sometimes another. That's how it always works in this and every other game: There's a bit of a human element (the eye sending the message to the brain, the brain relaying it to the finger on the clock button, the electronic impulses prompting the clock to stop).

And so, when Colt McCoy inexplicably decided to run a play with six seconds remaining instead of calling timeout or, well, showing any sense of urgency, he rolled out and threw the ball away, way out of bounds, as the clock ticked down to 0:00.

Nebraska rushed the field, Bo Pellini's team seemingly in possession of a sensational 12-10 triumph.

But since Texas coach Mack Brown wanted a second placed back on the clock, and because the Big 12 wanted to have a second placed back on the clock, and because all of the six major BCS conferences HAD TO HAVE a second placed back on the clock, and because the referees figured they might never have a chance to work for the league ever again if they do this wrong ... that's how it went.

So, unlike every other similar play in the game, the officials overruled the clock and put 0:01 back up on the scoreboard, and Texas ran the field goal team out there and Hunter Lawrence kicked it through.

So, since the refs felt the need to overrule the clock, the voters can always overrule the game officials. It ain't right: Texas has no business being in the title game.

Final Heisman consideration
When Tim Tebow was ending his day in tears and Colt McCoy ended his night with nerve-induced cottonmouth, the Heisman Trophy was sitting there Saturday waiting for somebody to grab it.

Alabama's Mark Ingram might have done that for many voters, with his strong game against Florida capping a fine season.

Stanford's Toby Gerhart might have done that for others merely by sitting at home, with his body of work as the nation's leading rusher supplemented by the fact he played his best in the biggest games.

But for me, Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh wrapped it up Saturday (and then probably dropped it for a loss).

I'll admit, I like to look for players other than quarterbacks and running backs, but I don't force it. Over the years, I voted for LB Micheal Barrow in 1992 (rather than the winner, QB Gino Torretta), and OT Bryant McKinnie in 2001 (rather than QB Eric Crouch), and on various other ballots I wrote in DT Steve Emtman (second in 1991), DB Champ Bailey (third in 1998) DB Sean Taylor (third in 2003), as well as winners Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson.

I make the choice judiciously. And this is a situation that calls for it.

Look at it the way Nick Saban does, when he said it very well: Ingram "should be considered; he's one of the best players on one of the best teams."

And so is Suh. The difference is, Suh would be the best player on any team he happened to play for. As offenses have tried all year, Texas tried to double-team him, and even at times triple-teamed him. None of it worked.

And considering the Heisman vote is supposed to be for "the outstanding college football player in the United States for 2009," he should land on lots of late-casted ballots. And he'll get at least one first-place vote.

Tide will roll easily
Alabama's game plan for the SEC championship game was masterful. The Tide aired it out from the very beginning, using the pass to set up the run, and kept Florida's defense off-balance all day.

Get in depth Want all the latest college football news and analysis, then check out the Scout Subscription Sale this weekend. 
Quarterback Greg McElroy performed in the championship game in just the way that Heisman hopefuls Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy had dreamed about. Had either Tebow or McCoy played like McElroy did, they would have gotten every first-place vote. It was set up for them, but McElroy showed that he's capable of being an elite quarterback for a great team, in the biggest game. Maybe he should be a Heisman candidate next year ... except that teammate Mark Ingram is back, too.

Certainly Alabama is the pick to beat Texas. McElroy, Ingram, the defense, the kicker, and even the way Marquis Maze has emerged to make for a double-threat pair of excellent wideouts with Julio Jones. The Tide will certainly go to school off the Nebraska defensive performance against UT (nine sacks, three interceptions), and Alabama has the personnel to be even more dominant.

The Longhorns, meantime, couldn't get anything going offensively against Nebraska, one week after they were unable to get anything going defensively in a 49-39 victory over Texas A&M.

BCS drama
There is still some drama for the BCS matchups announcement at 8 ET tonight on FOX.

Will the Fiesta Bowl do the BCS conferences a favor by putting together TCU and Boise State? We certainly hope not.

Fiesta officials have been weighing the two main possibilities of TCU vs. Boise State, or Iowa vs. Boise State. If they put the "interlopers" against each other, that would mean TCU and Boise State would not get a chance to show their stuff against major BCS conference opponents. That would be unfortunate.

TCU and Boise State played each other last year in the Poinsettia Bowl, which TCU won, 17-16. That was exciting for the time, and a fine matchup of mid-major programs. But going undefeated and getting to a BCS bowl should earn them more than a rematch of the Poinsettia Bowl, for crying out loud. These teams should have the opportunity to face major programs.

Believe me, if they are pitted against each other, it would be a relief to Iowa (or Penn State) and Georgia Tech, and their conferences, because they would much rather face each other than have to deal with these talented, powerful, well-coached, but uh, second-level programs.

The teams available for selection are TCU, Boise State, Cincinnati, and Iowa (or Penn State).

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs. Ohio State

Fiesta: 1st pick vs. 3rd pick

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. 2nd pick

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. 4th pick (probably Cincinnati)

If the Fiesta picks a Big Ten team, the Orange would pick TCU, and the Fiesta would then get Boise State.

If the Fiesta picks Boise State, the Orange would grab the Big Ten team, and the Fiesta would get TCU.

Give us two exciting "undefeated underdogs" in BCS bowl games, not just a mid-major matchup that proves little, but happens to be in the Fiesta Bowl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 10:02:53 PM »
Why in the hell is Zac Morris' cell phone next to the thread title?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 02:22:41 AM »
Alabama and Texas should be a good contest considering the inconsistency of both teams. TCU is most likely this seasons' Utah; Bama probably dodged one there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »
TCU and BSU really got screwed.  A rematch from last year?  Fuck the BCS and their shitty selections in da mouf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
Why in the hell is Zac Morris' cell phone next to the thread title?
The post was started by ssgaufan on his cell phone...it always does that when someone posts from their cell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 10:50:37 AM »
TCU is most likely this seasons' Utah; Bama probably dodged one there.

Agreed. I wanted that one to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.