Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WWII in HD on History Channel....

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
WWII in HD on History Channel....
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:51:24 AM »
Who is watching?  I haven't got to see an episode yet, but it is on the DVR.  From all reviews that I have read it sounds like "must see TV" for history nuts.  Anyone have any thoughts that may be watching?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: WWII in HD on History Channel....
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:09:56 AM »
Who is watching?  I haven't got to see an episode yet, but it is on the DVR.  From all reviews that I have read it sounds like "must see TV" for history nuts.  Anyone have any thoughts that may be watching?

It is excellent; I have seen all the episodes (last ones tonight). A lot of footage I have never seen (and I have seen a lot) and the way they having talking points from about 10 guys who were a different places and times during the War really adds the human touch. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »

Watched it the first two night this week. One of the best history/war pieces I have ever seen. Absolutely fantastic. I would call it MUST SEE if you like history. 2 thumbs up   :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Glad I have it recorded so I can sit down and watch them all.  I figured since there was no football that I will care about this weekend, it would give me the chance to sit down and watch them all day. Thanks for the info.  I haven't seen or heard from a person yet that didn't like it.  Everyone has said it was great so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
Glad I have it recorded so I can sit down and watch them all.  I figured since there was no football that I will care about this weekend, it would give me the chance to sit down and watch them all day. Thanks for the info.  I haven't seen or heard from a person yet that didn't like it.  Everyone has said it was great so far.

There are a couple of mistakes, They show footage of marines on Iwo Jima but they are talking about saipan and you can see mt suribachi in the back ground. There was another, but I forgot.  :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
I've watched a good bit of it this week and it's really good stuff.  The part about the ship going down and sharks picking them off just gave me the heebie-jeebies. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »
Carl was watching some of it - what I saw was incredible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:20:18 PM »
The Expedition week on National Geographic has been great also.  Freaking amazing footage of a ship on the bottom of the Black Sea that's been there for 1500 years.   Looks like it sank yesterday. 

I'll have to check out the WWII HD dealio...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions