Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Question For Those That....

Argo

Re: A Question For Those That....
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 08:58:33 AM »
Love bacon but when you wrestle with them you get dirty and the pig likes it.

Pigs need lovin' too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »
Pigs need lovin' too.

I've heard a well lubed one does not squeal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Argo

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 09:36:03 AM »

They all squeal if you stick 'em in the right spot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2009, 10:22:06 AM »
Once again, you are full of shit.

It was time CTT to leave, hell I would have told'em to fuck off long ago. did he leave behind a weak program? Saturday said no. I attribute Saturdays win to the fact that this team decided that despite all that the coaching staff was/has/is done/doing to them said "Fuck off coaches, we need this win." 
So we are 10 short on scholly's at this moment. You need 22 players to start and 22 good backups with 22 "oh shit we need someone else in there now." guys. We have those numbers covered.

It's like a vortex of stupid here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »
Now, that just doesn't make any sense.
Does anything he says?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »
I attribute Saturdays win to the fact that this team decided that despite all that the coaching staff was/has/is done/doing to them said "phuk off coaches, we need this win." 

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 11:41:43 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »
It's like a vortex of stupid here.
Even during the '07 season I stated on numerous occasions that we had at LEAST 3 years before we really made much noise. Show me where I have said anything about the '07 team not being mediocre, or where I have used them as an example of greatness. I can point to alot of times me mentioning the ULM loss as an example of embarassment. There is no way to spin that shit. That is why I called you full of shit. You took a blind shot into the dark and you missed......badly.

What are you going to say next, that I was a huge Shula supporter?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:15:02 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 12:26:17 PM »

You weren't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

Whose ass tastes better....Saban or Shula?

Just kidding.

I do have a question about the 2007 team though.  

Looking back, your 2003 recruiting class was ranked #49, but that's only because there were only 17 guys, they actually had an average of 3.03 stars.  Then the 04 class was ranked #15, the 05 class #18, and the 06 class #11.  In all, 99 guys were signed over those four years (plus whatever redshirts were left from 2002).  So going by these respectable recruiting numbers, I'm curious as to why you say you only had two solid players on the whole team in 2007 (McClain and Smith I think you said) and had no depth, etc.  

It seems more likely to me that there actually was some talent there, but they weren't being coached/utilized properly until Saban got there.  And if so, that's a bit different than Saban coming in and taking scabs and making all-stars out of them.

This is an honest question, as I don't recall enough about the 2007 team or the recruits signed in the 5 years leading up to it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 12:38:04 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
Even during the '07 season I stated on numerous occasions that we had at LEAST 3 years before we really made much noise. Show me where I have said anything about the '07 team not being mediocre, or where I have used them as an example of greatness. I can point to alot of times me mentioning the ULM loss as an example of embarassment. There is no way to spin that shit. That is why I called you full of shit. You took a blind shot into the dark and you missed......badly.

You are such a tool...

This is what I said that warranted you to say I'm full of shit.
And I'm saying that that is vague.

Long-term, yes, bama has sucked for way longer than Auburn. They have been mired in mediocrity since the two of us have been alive. You're right. Of course, this wasn't your position two years ago, but whatever.

Short-term, however...From year A to year B. Chizik inherited a worse team the year before, and did more with it the very next year.

All I'm sayin.
I must have forgotten how prior to 2007 you spent countless hours on message boards spreading the gospel of how mediocre at best Alabama has been for the duration of your entire life. You were proudly shouting from the rooftops about the suckage that was uat, and how it had been that way since you were born...

Or you can just make my position up, and challenge that.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:37:21 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

Just kidding.

Looking back, your 2003 recruiting class was ranked #49, but that's only because there were only 17 guys, they actually had an average of 3.03 stars.  Then the 04 class was ranked #15, the 05 class #18, and the 06 class #11.  In all, 99 guys were signed over those four years (plus whatever redshirts were left from 2002).  So going by these respectable recruiting numbers, I'm curious as to why you say you only had two solid players on the whole team in 2007 (McClain and Smith I think you said) and had no depth, etc.  

It seems more likely to me that there actually was some talent there, but they weren't being coached/utilized properly until Saban got there.  And if so, that's a bit different than Saban coming in and taking scabs and making all-stars out of them.

This is an honest question, as I don't recall enough about the 2007 team or the recruits signed in the 5 years leading up to it.
I didn't follow recruiting all that closely until around 2005-2006ish. I couldn't tell you what I saw from some of those guys in HS. I can tell you what I saw on the field, though. I bet you can't come up with many names from the '06 squad off the top of your head though.

We simply didn't have the talent in the backfield. That is evident, for example, by Roy Upchurch behind a true frosh and a sophomore. Terry Grant is 4th string. So, they have been given proper time to develop and show what they can do, and its not good enough obviously.

At QB, it might be hard for me to make a case on JPW. His first year starting was Shula's last year. I do know that he looked a whole hell of a lot better in '08 than in '07, though. I think I would have to credit that to McElwain.

As far as WR, all we had was DJ Hall. Now, when our OL can actually hold their blocks and not have McElroy zipping through his reads, we have Julio, Maze (fast as hell), and Hanks who are pretty good receivers. Add in the mix that now we utilize the TE alot, and that makes for a pretty good WR corps. An upgrade from what we have, not not light years away or anything.

Our defense was sufficient. I will concede that. But, guys like Arenas, Rashad Johnson, would they be where they are now if Shula had stayed? I think not. Arenas wasn't highly recruited and Rashad Johnson was a walk-on. They blew up once Saban came to town. Arenas isn't known for being just a good kick returner anymore. Same thing with Reamer and Anders. Hell, Anders is another walk-on that is now a starter on an elite defensive unit. Donta Hightower is just a Rolando McClain clone except bigger.

Its hard to pick exactly what guys were misused and which ones were coached up. I think there is a good mix of both, FWIW.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »

Just kidding.

JA those damn facts are a son of a bitch aint they?  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Argo

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
You are such a tool...

This is what I said that warranted you to say I'm full of shit.I must have forgotten how prior to 2007 you spent countless hours on message boards spreading the gospel of how mediocre at best Alabama has been for the duration of your entire life. You were proudly shouting from the rooftops about the suckage that was uat, and how it had been that way your whole life...

Chizad, you are forgetting that RWS wasn't born until 2008.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
Chizad, you are forgetting that RWS wasn't born until 2008.

Actually he was born November 3, 2009 (yesterday), on the back of a turnip truck (from which he fell) on his way to his first rodeo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 02:20:40 PM »
I didn't follow recruiting all that closely until around 2005-2006ish. I couldn't tell you what I saw from some of those guys in HS. I can tell you what I saw on the field, though. I bet you can't come up with many names from the '06 squad off the top of your head though.

We simply didn't have the talent in the backfield. That is evident, for example, by Roy Upchurch behind a true frosh and a sophomore. Terry Grant is 4th string. So, they have been given proper time to develop and show what they can do, and its not good enough obviously.

At QB, it might be hard for me to make a case on JPW. His first year starting was Shula's last year. I do know that he looked a whole hell of a lot better in '08 than in '07, though. I think I would have to credit that to McElwain.

As far as WR, all we had was DJ Hall. Now, when our OL can actually hold their blocks and not have McElroy zipping through his reads, we have Julio, Maze (fast as hell), and Hanks who are pretty good receivers. Add in the mix that now we utilize the TE alot, and that makes for a pretty good WR corps. An upgrade from what we have, not not light years away or anything.

Our defense was sufficient. I will concede that. But, guys like Arenas, Rashad Johnson, would they be where they are now if Shula had stayed? I think not. Arenas wasn't highly recruited and Rashad Johnson was a walk-on. They blew up once Saban came to town. Arenas isn't known for being just a good kick returner anymore. Same thing with Reamer and Anders. Hell, Anders is another walk-on that is now a starter on an elite defensive unit. Donta Hightower is just a Rolando McClain clone except bigger.

Its hard to pick exactly what guys were misused and which ones were coached up. I think there is a good mix of both, FWIW.   

It's hard to follow all of that since I don't know when each guy signed (without looking it up).  It just seems that a lot of the 12-2 2008 team must have been comprised of guys that were already there when Saban got there, and were a lot of the same guys that went 7-6 in 2007. 

My guess is that Saban walked into more talent than you think he did in 2007.  The three classes prior to Saban getting there (82 players) were, on average, the 14th ranked recruits in the country.  Like all classes, there were hits and misses, but out of 82 guys ranked that high, there was talent.  It just took a year to get going and his staff was much more adept at coaching the existing talent than the previous staff.

And taking a year to get going is nothing new.  Carroll went 6-6 his first year, 11-2 his second.  Stoops went 7-5 his first year, 13-0 his second.  Tressell went 7-5 his first year, 14-0 his second.  But you have to have some talent already there.  Stoops performed his turn around thanks to talent like Roy Williams, Josh Heupel, Rocky Calmus, Mark Clayton, Quentin Griffin, etc.  Carroll had Carson Palmer, Mike Williams, Kareem Kelly, Dallas Sartz, Winston Justice, etc.  Tressell had Chris Gamble, Will Allen, Michael Jenkins, AJ Hawk, Maurice Clarett, Alex Stepanovich, etc. 

Saban had the same situation if you ask me.  He walked into a situation with some sleeping talent that needed some direction and some leadership.  He didn't simply "take what was there and make the most of it"...he had some real talent to work with, just like those other coaches did.  It just took a year to get going.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 03:12:48 PM »
You are such a tool...

This is what I said that warranted you to say I'm full of shit.I must have forgotten how prior to 2007 you spent countless hours on message boards spreading the gospel of how mediocre at best Alabama has been for the duration of your entire life. You were proudly shouting from the rooftops about the suckage that was uat, and how it had been that way since you were born...

I was on the other board in October 2005, taking my lumps there, if you recall correctly. But of course, you don't, because it helps your argument if you just wish it all away. I wasn't even greatly positive in that season, because I had seen seasons prior. I'm not going to boast over one good season, unless there is a pretty good indication that its going to stay that way. You can't even remember 1 month ago, much less 4 years ago, so again, don't put words in my mouth. Less alcohol and weed, more concentration.

I did not make your position up. You made a very specific quote when you said my current position on Alabama teams of the past isn't the same as it was then, more specifically, two years ago. Then after I reply, well, you were just saying it vaguely. Now, I'm just making it all up.

Quick, what little insult are you going to open your next reply with?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »
Actually he was born November 3, 2009 (yesterday), on the back of a turnip truck (from which he fell) on his way to his first rodeo.
.....at night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »
Where did you hear that? :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions