Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kwerstions fo da' gurus

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Kwerstions fo da' gurus
« on: October 22, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
With the attrition going on now at AU (Harry Adams the latest casualty) how many can we sign?  Did the SEC officially put limits in place after the Ole Miss farce of signing 174 in February?  If 85 is the limit, why can't we sign enough to reach that number?  Although I understand we'd probably have to sign 174 ourselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Kwerstions fo da' gurus
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
You can sign 28, but you can only bring in 25.  Now, in Auburn's case, we only brought in 20 scholarship players last year, so therefore we have room for 5 prospects to count towards last year's class, provided that they graduate from HS early and are qualified to enroll early.

As of right now, Auburn has two prospects that are definitely going to be able to enroll early (Jessel Curry and Craig Sanders) so those two will count towards last year's class.  There might be one or two more that'll be able to enroll early.  There are probably one or two prospects that won't be able to qualify and will be sent to either JUCO or Prep.  So, lets say that 3 prospects enroll early and 2 prospects won't be able to qualify, that would mean that Auburn will be able to sign 30 and bring in 28 new prospects.

So, to answer your question, Auburn is expected to bring in a stocked class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 09:14:58 PM »
You can sign 28, but you can only bring in 25.  Now, in Auburn's case, we only brought in 20 scholarship players last year, so therefore we have room for 5 prospects to count towards last year's class, provided that they graduate from HS early and are qualified to enroll early.

As of right now, Auburn has two prospects that are definitely going to be able to enroll early (Jessel Curry and Craig Sanders) so those two will count towards last year's class.  There might be one or two more that'll be able to enroll early.  There are probably one or two prospects that won't be able to qualify and will be sent to either JUCO or Prep.  So, lets say that 3 prospects enroll early and 2 prospects won't be able to qualify, that would mean that Auburn will be able to sign 30 and bring in 28 new prospects.

So, to answer your question, Auburn is expected to bring in a stocked class.
I think AU needs to bring in a shitload of JUCO guys. While its not guaranteed they will contribute immediately, I would rather throw a JUCO into the mix than a true freshman. Having somebody like Jessel Curry being an early graduate really doesn't help AU. Well, let me put it this way, actually: If AU has to depend on Jessel Curry to contribute early, then AU is fucked anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:00 PM »
I think AU needs to bring in a poopload of JUCO guys. While its not guaranteed they will contribute immediately, I would rather throw a JUCO into the mix than a true freshman. Having somebody like Jessel Curry being an early graduate really doesn't help AU. Well, let me put it this way, actually: If AU has to depend on Jessel Curry to contribute early, then AU is phuked anyways.

Bullshit. 

That's the failed Mississippi State plan. 

No.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:47:43 PM »
I'd have no problem signing 2-3 JUCO guys every year, regardless of our situation.  But to sign any more is FAIL.  You're just putting a Bandaid on the problem.  We've got a killer linebacker class coming in. The best in a long, long time.  It begins and ends with the interior line on both sides of the ball.  A 315 lb. JUCO tackle to stuff that shit in the middle and get a push would be a great start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:59:52 PM »
I'd have no problem signing 2-3 JUCO guys every year, regardless of our situation.  But to sign any more is FAIL.  You're just putting a Bandaid on the problem.  We've got a killer linebacker class coming in. The best in a long, long time.  It begins and ends with the interior line on both sides of the ball.  A 315 lb. JUCO tackle to stuff that shit in the middle and get a push would be a great start.
When I mean a shitload, I mean 4-5. If AU could sign 4-5 each season over the next few seasons with some total studs coming in behind them, I still think it could be a good thing. You use your JUCO guys to stop the bleeding. They generally give you two years. Recruit like a motherfucker to put in some studs behind those JUCO guys. Its risky, yeah. If the guys behind them don't pan out, you're fucked. They have to be legit blue-chippers. With AU's overall scholarship level the way it is, they need to stop the bleeding, otherwise it will take you guys years to catch up on talent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 12:02:43 PM »
With the attrition going on now at AU (Harry Adams the latest casualty) how many can we sign?  Did the SEC officially put limits in place after the Ole Miss farce of signing 174 in February?  If 85 is the limit, why can't we sign enough to reach that number?  Although I understand we'd probably have to sign 174 ourselves.

The SEC instituted a new rule that you could only sign 28...but that doesn't effect the amount of people we could bring in each year.

The NCAA already has a rule that you can only bring 25 new guys in each year, and have a maximum of 85 on scholarship at any given time. The NCAA just doesn't restrict the amount you can sign. You could sign 50 kids but only 25 could start classes in the fall. The SEC just decided it was a bad idea to let that many kids sign and then send them to JUCO, etc.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:03:59 PM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010