Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I hate my job! I'm not going to go anymore

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
I hate my job! I'm not going to go anymore
« on: January 18, 2008, 05:28:35 AM »
I calling on the Tigersx professionals to help me get a job! Anybody's workplace have an opening?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: I hate my job! I'm not going to go anymore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »
I calling on the Tigersx professionals to help me get a job! Anybody's workplace have an opening?
www.pbjcal.org
What you needs is a gubmint job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:07:27 AM »
What happened?  Did you finally eat the food there? 

Seriously, if you're looking for a job you should find a head-hunter.  They'll bring you in and go through a series of questions to see what you're looking for, and pimp you out to companies that you probably wouldn't have known were even hiring.  The hiring company pays for their services, so it doesn't cost you anything.

The last thing we need is another slacker sucking off the gubmint teat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:46 AM »
What happened?  Did you finally eat the food there? 

Seriously, if you're looking for a job you should find a head-hunter.  They'll bring you in and go through a series of questions to see what you're looking for, and pimp you out to companies that you probably wouldn't have known were even hiring.  The hiring company pays for their services, so it doesn't cost you anything.

The last thing we need is another slacker sucking off the gubmint teat.

Hey, I resemble that remark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »
Jumbo -

Get you a resume put together and hit the websites (monster, flipdog, hotjobs, careerfinder, etc...), then definately hit the yellow pages and look up the employment placement companies.  It's NOT just going to be industrial jobs like drill pressing and shit like that...eh hem...   There will be good things there.  It's the best route.  Get your resume to everyone, but definately hit the locally owned places.  They usually have some person that's been there since Caesar was a road-guard and knows all the people in town.

Good luck!

Tell us what type of job you could do.  Give an idea of what skills you have...  Forklift, Computer guy, fly airplanes???????   I assume you don't want to do Karoake for a living, so get me some skills man.  I might know a few places, but if we have no clue, can't do much!

:vn:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 09:31:50 AM by AuburnChopper1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »
Jumbo -

Get you a resume put together and hit the websites (monster, flipdog, hotjobs, careerfinder, etc...), then definately hit the yellow pages and look up the employment placement companies.  It's NOT just going to be industrial jobs like drill pressing and shit like that...eh hem...   There will be good things there.  It's the best route.  Get your resume to everyone, but definately hit the locally owned places.  They usually have some person that's been there since Caesar was a road-guard and knows all the people in town.

Good luck!

Tell us what type of job you could do.  Give an idea of what skills you have...  Forklift, Computer guy, fly airplanes???????   I assume you don't want to do Karoake for a living, so get me some skills man.  I might know a few places, but if we have no clue, can't do much!

:vn:

I gotta disagree, Chop.  I've been casually looking for a couple of months.  It's my MO.  Four years at anything and I'm ready to do something else.

Monster, CareerBuilder, aljobs, all of those online places have been nothing but bags of steaming shit. I've gotten zero, zip, nada, nothing of any value from any of them. 

The only thing that's done any good for me at all is to talk to people I know, which limits you to a degree because they only know you as they know you -- which isn't often remotely close to the person you think you are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:58 AM »
Tell us what type of job you could do.  Give an idea of what skills you have...

Don't tell us that you are an Oriental Lick Master. What are your real life skilz ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
Don't tell us that you are an Oriental Lick Master. What are your real life skilz ?
My last job was in publishing. I got fired for having sex in my office with the cleaning woman.
Before that, I was in real estate. I quit because the boss wouldn't let me use his private bathroom. That was it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »
The only thing that I'm good at is talking to people. I would love to get in the banking world but I cant afford to be the janitor! I could get a job at another restaurant but I'm trying to find a day job, working Friday and Saturday night for 8 years gets old!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »
The only thing that I'm good at is talking to people. I would love to get in the banking world but I cant afford to be the janitor! I could get a job at another restaurant but I'm trying to find a day job, working Friday and Saturday night for 8 years gets old!

Have you thought about working as a sales rep for Sysco Foods?  A buddy of mine who has worked his whole life in the food services industry just left a restaurant and went to work for them, and he loves it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 01:52:36 PM »
I gotta disagree, Chop.  I've been casually looking for a couple of months.  It's my MO.  Four years at anything and I'm ready to do something else.

Monster, CareerBuilder, aljobs, all of those online places have been nothing but bags of steaming shit. I've gotten zero, zip, nada, nothing of any value from any of them. 

The only thing that's done any good for me at all is to talk to people I know, which limits you to a degree because they only know you as they know you -- which isn't often remotely close to the person you think you are.

Well, it's what I used to do for a living before I got into the steel business.  Some will be better than others, but if nothing else the websites WILL give you insight into different opportunities you might not have known about on your own.   Really, the BEST way to get another job, is to do a good job at what you're doing and find something else through word of mouth.

There are many businesses like Sysco that do food services for restaurants and what not.  If you've been managing in restaurant Jumbo, you should know some of those guys.  My brother-in-law works for the produce supplier to Outback, Carraba's, etc... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »
Have you thought about working as a sales rep for Sysco Foods?  A buddy of mine who has worked his whole life in the food services industry just left a restaurant and went to work for them, and he loves it. 
Hook your chubby buddy up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 03:09:49 PM »
Well, it's what I used to do for a living before I got into the steel business.  Some will be better than others, but if nothing else the websites WILL give you insight into different opportunities you might not have known about on your own.   Really, the BEST way to get another job, is to do a good job at what you're doing and find something else through word of mouth.

There are many businesses like Sysco that do food services for restaurants and what not.  If you've been managing in restaurant Jumbo, you should know some of those guys.  My brother-in-law works for the produce supplier to Outback, Carraba's, etc... 
I thought about doing something restaurant related such as a wine rep, but  I cant take a huge loss in pay,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 03:50:52 PM »

I agree that those sites are basically a waste of time.
I'd go to a headhunting firm. You just tell them what you'd like to do, and they look for you, and get you interviews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 09:06:32 AM »
Hey Jumbo. I work in the food service industry and we are always looking for good food service managers. The good part about a position with my company is the hours. Most of the managers that we hire are good managers, just hate the hours of normal restaurant type work. If you are interested in hearing more, let me know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »

100% agree on the Internet Searches (ie Monster, Career Builder) they are a total waste of your time, and only succeed in clogging up your email box. I repeat do not waste your time. When I was looking I got zero response from any of the jobs I applied for through these services, and I probably applied for about 50.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »
My boss just called me. They canned him this morning.

He was not only a good boss but a good frein.

So I guess I will be putting my resume out.

I’m stuck in Atlanta, but if anyone knows of any openings, I’d greatly appreciate a shout.
A brief history: I have experience in Accounting, Purchasing and Sales. I am currently selling to large accounts for a fortune 200 company. I’ve been here almost eight years. Most of my background is in banking. I am a CPA and have advanced degrees in Accounting and Finance.

Gracias, mutha fuckas.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:18:43 PM by Lurking Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 02:56:47 PM »
My boss just called me. They canned him this morning.

He was not only a good boss but a good frein.

So I guess I will be putting my resume out.

I’m stuck in Atlanta, but if anyone knows of any openings, I’d greatly appreciate a shout.
A brief history: I have experience in Accounting, Purchasing and Sales. I am currently selling to large accounts for a fortune 200 company. I’ve been here almost eight years. Most of my background is in banking. I am a CPA and have advanced degrees in Accounting and Finance.

Gracias, mutha fuckas.

That sucks man! It's a good and bad thing being friends with your boss. It's a great work enviroment but when you try to leave it gets ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:39:37 AM »
I'm ready to interview! any leads? I dont know how long my modeling gig is going to last!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
I'm ready to interview! any leads? I dont know how long my modeling gig is going to last!

Not sure if you read my post but I may can help...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions