Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Malzahn named National Coordinator of the Week

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Malzahn named National Coordinator of the Week
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »
Didn't know there was such an award, but he got it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Malzahn named National Coordinator of the Week
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »

There didn't use to be.  They invented it for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »
There didn't use to be.  They invented it for him.

Would have made a good addition to the story...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 01:07:20 PM »
Would have made a good addition to the story...

There is always room for part deux later if warranted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 01:20:55 PM »
There is always room for part deux later if warranted.

Right now I'm working on two pieces.  One is a farce on sideline reporters.  Probably funny only to me, but here's the premise:  

Remember Animaniacs?  Best cartoon series ever probably in terms of intelligence.  There was a segment on there with Pinky and The Brain.  At some point in every show Brain would ask Pinky "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"  And Pinky would always say something like "I think so Brain, but this time you put the stockings on the buffalo."  

To me, sideline reporters are so stupid I wish players would come up with "Pinkyisms" to answer their inane questions.  

Holly Rowe or whoever asks the SAME TWO DAMN QUESTIONS every time.  It's either "What were you thinking when you..." or "How does it feel, knowing that..."   Just once I'd like for somebody to say:  "I was thinking how many cows had to die to make that leather coat, Holly, four?"

The other piece is a prediction for Saturday.  I'm actually doing research.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 01:24:32 PM »

I guess that's because we've been Auburn fans all of our lives?

And forget the cows, I want to know just what/who Holly had to do to get that job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
I guess that's because we've been Auburn fans all of our lives?

And forget the cows, I want to know just what/who Holly had to do to get that job.

Whatever.  Like someone would deep six her.  She has pictures of somebody with dead hookers or live boys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »
There is a Broyles award for the best assistant in college football annually. I don't think Gus has ever been nominated. Figure that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
There is a Broyles award for the best assistant in college football annually. I don't think Gus has ever been nominated. Figure that.

That award is only presented to those coaches who have systems that will work in division 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

He hasn't been a finalist, interesting though, Reggie Herring, defensive coordinator at Arkansas when Malzahn was OC in 2006, was named a finalist.

And of course Chizik won it in 2004.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
That award is only presented to those coaches who have systems that will work in division 1.
It's politics, too. Especially when Gus was having success at Tulsa and he wasn't even nominated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 02:35:44 PM »
It's politics, too. Especially when Gus was having success at Tulsa and he wasn't even nominated.

It is surprising he wasn't nominated, but Stan Parrish from Ball State was, so it's just weird to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 02:50:12 PM »
Frank Broyles hates Jews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
Frank Broyles hates Jews.

PawPaw likes ethnicity though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
Holly Rowe or whoever asks the SAME TWO DAMN QUESTIONS every time.  It's either "What were you thinking when you..." or "How does it feel, knowing that..."   Just once I'd like for somebody to say:  "I was thinking how many cows had to die to make that leather coat, Holly, four?"

Not to long ago the question would have ended with "two".

She must have something on somebody, cause her insights are not very deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 04:48:36 PM »
Not to long ago the question would have ended with "two".

She must have something on somebody, cause her insights are not very deep.

All the sideline babes are told what to ask from a producer in the truck.  Therefore beauty before brains definately applies.  Makes you wonder how Holly got the gig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »
All the sideline babes are told what to ask from a producer in the truck.  Therefore beauty before brains definately applies.  Makes you wonder how Holly got the gig
Hey, you...

Kiss my tiny little perky ass!

Al, back to you.

Signed,

Suzy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »
Holly Rowe is the solution to the Namath problem
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »
Holly Rowe is the solution to the Namath problem
Broadway has no problems. Well, none that can't be fixed with massive amounts of alcohol.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 05:25:23 PM »
Broadway has no problems. Well, none that can't be fixed with massive amounts of alcohol.

He already learned that move from the best in the business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions