Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cyclone Watch

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Cyclone Watch
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:04 AM »
In the ongoing battle henceforth known as Auburn is not Iowa State. This thread is dedicated to keeping an eye on former AU DC Paul Rhodes and current HC Chizik's team the Cyclones.

They won over N. Dakota State

...you may now continue with your regularly scheduled threads....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:45:10 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Cyclone Watch
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:45:16 AM »
In the ongoing battle henceforth known as Auburn is not Iowa State. This thread is dedicated to keeping an eye on former AU DC Paul Rhodes and current HC Chizik's team the Cyclones.

They won

I'm pretty sure they played USC and Ohio State at the same time, and beat them by 45.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:10:10 AM »

They won over N. Dakota State

Impossible......nobody can win at ISU. At least not more than 5 games in two years, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:15:42 AM »
Impossible......nobody can win at ISU. At least not more than 5 games in two years, right?
I am interested to see how they perform this year.  Do try to remember however, that much like playing an ACC team or La Tech, it was only North Dakota State.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:16:15 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:18:40 AM »
An Iowa State beat writer was on Finebaum several weeks ago and said he thought they would win at least 5 games this year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
I am interested to see how they perform this year.  Do try to remember however, that much like playing an ACC team or La Tech, it was only North Dakota State.

Also try to remember that 10 of their starters this year are no longer true freshmen.  How well does AU or UA do starting 10 true freshmen?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »

Yeah, well he's doing it with Chizik's players.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 10:31:00 AM »
When ISU is used to losing to teams such as Kent State, UNLV, Toledo, etc, over the past few years, beating North Dakota State isn't so bad, relatively speaking. We'll see how they do against Iowa on Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
When ISU is used to losing to teams such as Kent State, UNLV, Toledo, etc, over the past few years, beating North Dakota State isn't so bad, relatively speaking. We'll see how they do against Iowa on Saturday.

Didn't Iowa almost get upset by Northern Iowa? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 10:48:28 AM »

Yea.  Maybe not the best barometer.  Then again is any team in that state a barometer for anything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 10:56:41 AM »

You took the words right out of my mouth....

Or maybe that only happens at lsu? ;)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

RWS

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »
Pretty sure Northern Iowa is a perennial 10-12 win team. Also, according to Chopper, the players, coaching, support, tools, etc, are better at Northern Iowa and thats why coaches can win there and not ISU. So, I would think that Northern Iowa is a halfway decent team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
You took the words right out of my mouth....

Or maybe that only happens at lsu? ;)

And maybe Ted Roof is a juggernaut. I mean, he does have Auburn pedigree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 11:10:02 AM »
Only 4 of the 22 starters were from Chizik's signing classes. Might want to re-think this statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 11:13:09 AM »
Also try to remember that 10 of their starters this year are no longer true freshmen.  How well does AU or UA do starting 10 true freshmen?
That was Chizik's decision to play that many freshmen. Rhodes played 1 true freshman against ND State and only 4 players from Chizik's signing classes. He is using guys from before Chizik's tenure, the same guys that Chizik had at his disposal. That tells me somebody made some horrible personnel decisions. We'll see who that was over the next few weeks I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »
That was Chizik's decision to play that many freshmen. Rhodes played 1 true freshman against ND State and only 4 players from Chizik's signing classes. He is using guys from before Chizik's tenure, the same guys that Chizik had at his disposal. That tells me somebody made some horrible personnel decisions. We'll see who that was over the next few weeks I suppose.

I actually count 5, but point taken. There will be some better comparisons as the weeks progress from both them and us.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:17:51 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:18:26 AM »
Whatever, douche.

The point being, you and the other tard's argument was that 5-19 at Iowa State means he's going to fall on his face in Auburn. He probably wouldn't luck into a single win all year. Because Iowa State played lesser competition, blah blah blah. Because lack of success at Iowa State is directly transferable to lack of success at Auburn.

When did Iowa State ever blow anyone out, much less a team that won their bowl game last year, in their season opener.

Chizik is undefeated so far. 100% winning percentage. And an impressive win, it was.

You're well on your way to that being exposed as a ridiculous argument.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:19:10 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
I actually count 5, but point taken. There will be some better comparisons as the weeks progress from both them and us.
Sorry, must have missed one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:21:04 AM »
Sorry, must have missed one.

I could stretch it counting deep snappers and the like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:27:44 AM »
Whatever, douche.
Facts are a bitch, aren't they? If Rhodes wins 5 games or more this season, what is the excuse going to be for why he can win with the same players Chizik couldn't?

The point being, you and the other tard's argument was that 5-19 at Iowa State means he's going to fall on his face in Auburn. He probably wouldn't luck into a single win all year. Because Iowa State played lesser competition, blah blah blah. Because lack of success at Iowa State is directly transferable to lack of success at Auburn.
The matter is I believe 5-19 is really indicitave of his coaching there. As I said in another thread, you put Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, etc up there, I bet they can manage better than 5 wins in two seasons even if they are getting the same caliber of talent as ISU is getting today. I think those four coaches were, for the most part, pretty hot and had good records transitioning from assistants to head coaches. I never said he probably wouldn't luck into a single win all year. Thats simply you dramatizing it.

When did Iowa State ever blow anyone out, much less a team that won their bowl game last year, in their season opener.
No idea, and don't really care for that matter.

Chizik is undefeated so far. 100% winning percentage. And an impressive win, it was.
Ok.

You're well on your way to that being exposed as a ridiculous argument.
One win against an overmatched Louisiana Tech and I'm well on my way to my argument that he isn't that great of a head coach being exposed? Oooooook then. He certainly didn't fall flat on his face against them, but hell, you guys were ready for a MNC appearance after the ULM last season because everything looked so damn good. I'm certainly not holding ULM against Chizik and his staff, simply illustrating that shit can happen.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 11:31:01 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions