Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Remember

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Remember
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
I don't want this to be a debate, or take anything away from the point of today, but we should not try to breed anger.  That is exactly what extremists do and it solves nothing.

To late.  My anger toward all the "peace and tolerance" that had been preacched toward this country will not subside. 

I'm just a big meanie I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 01:55:42 PM »
I was at home getting ready to go somewhere and the phone started ringing off the hook.  I answered and it was my wife (fiance at the time) and she told me to turn on the TV.  I remember how weird it was driving down the highway to her house and just sitting in front of the TV all day.  When the second tower collapsed, my weird feeling turned into anger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »
It was amazing, the range of emotions I went through that day.  I was at work when one of my co-workers came running into my office and said "you gotta come see this."  As soon as I got into our large meeting room, they showed the footage of the first plane hitting the building.  First emotion...shock.

After that initial shock went away, the denial started.  I was thinking and saying how horrible an accident that must have been.

Then, as the first reports started coming in suggesting that it could have been terrorism, that denial went to temporary fear.  What's next?  I really thought they were after media attention, and that would be the end of it.

Once the second plane hit the other tower, all of the past emotions festered up into one big ball of hate. 

Later, when it was realized who was behind the attacks, it became very awkward for us, because one of my employees was of Middle-eastern dissent.  The guy was a military veteran, and there honestly aren't too many more patriotic people I have met over the years, but we all kind of went from the sudden hate to really hurting for this guy...thinking about what he may be living through after this happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 02:43:08 PM »
Most definitely a strange day.  It was just weird making the 2 hour drive home and I kept calling home to make sure everything was alright.  Like I said, every gas station I saw had 20+ cars lined up and people just kind of looked at each other like, WTF is going on?  The rampant specualtion that was coming from every media outlet just made you wonder just what the hell was really going on and what else might be out there.  I just wanted to get my ass home, lock the doors, get my gun and stand guard at the front window.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 02:48:10 PM »
Most definitely a strange day.  It was just weird making the 2 hour drive home and I kept calling home to make sure everything was alright.  Like I said, every gas station I saw had 20+ cars lined up and people just kind of looked at each other like, WTF is going on?  The rampant specualtion that was coming from every media outlet just made you wonder just what the hell was really going on and what else might be out there.  I just wanted to get my ass home, lock the doors, get my gun and stand guard at the front window.

I would be lying if I said I did not immediately pack a bag, load some weapons, and went mentally atleast on "stand by".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 02:56:10 PM »
I would be lying if I said I did not immediately pack a bag, load some weapons, and went mentally atleast on "stand by".

I would imagine it's somewhat different for vets.  You guys have been there, done that and know what to expect and how to prepare for it.  I don't imagine my .38 revolver would have done much damage but hey, it's my entire "Arsenal" of weaponry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
I just finished my delicious bowl of cinnamon toast crunch and went on about my day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »

I would imagine it's somewhat different for vets.  You guys have been there, done that and know what to expect and how to prepare for it.  I don't imagine my .38 revolver would have done much damage but hey, it's my entire "Arsenal" of weaponry.
We disagree.

Signed,
The Wolverines
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »
I saw it live. Working form home and the wife calls me into the other room. We watched it unfold. It needs to be shown every day to every American. It should breed anger. It should remind us that a whole group of people out there hate us and want us dead.
Don't get me wrong here.  I think that every morning after the pledge of allegiance, people everywhere should see a picture of those towers burning as a reminder.  i am talking about the people falling.  I cannot get that out of my head, to the point of it being very scary.  I had nightmares about that man and woman for months, and still do occasionally.  Showing those people over and over and over - those people had families that don't need to see those photographs or that footage.  And that was all the bastards in Sky News focused on that day.  Over and Over and Over...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
Don't get me wrong here.  I think that every morning after the pledge of allegiance, people everywhere should see a picture of those towers burning as a reminder.  i am talking about the people falling.  I cannot get that out of my head, to the point of it being very scary.  I had nightmares about that man and woman for months, and still do occasionally.  Showing those people over and over and over - those people had families that don't need to see those photographs or that footage.  And that was all the bastards in Sky News focused on that day.  Over and Over and Over...

You say the pledge of allegiance every morning?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »
You say the pledge of allegiance every morning?
My kids do, in school.  Including the "Under God".  God bless Texas.

But as a nation we should, don't you think?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
No, don't believe I should have to do anything besides pay taxes and die. That's the good thing about this country, I don't have to do stupid shit like saying the pledge every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 04:37:28 PM »
No, don't believe I should have to do anything besides pay taxes and die. That's the good thing about this country, I don't have to do stupid shit like saying the pledge every day.
I am not really sure how to respond to that in an adult manner, so I will refrain, but it does tell me all I need to know about you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »
I am not really sure how to respond to that in an adult manner, so I will refrain, but it does tell me all I need to know about you.

Why should you be adult about anything on TigersX? Nobody else is adult about anything, so quit trying to set new standards
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
I know this is a little late -

I was checking into school my junior year of high school.  I walked into my 1st period Journalism class, and they were all glued to the TV.  All that was known is two planes had hit the towers.  My teacher was one of the most mild mannered ladies you'd ever meet, and she was saying, "I just don't think this was an accident."

I asked my friend John (recruited by Auburn, Alabama, and Clemson, but he decided to do the military thing) what was going on, and he looked at me red faced and said, "We're going to fucking war!" 

It didn't really hit me until they started reporting the Pentagon site and the Pennsylvania site.  Then the towers collapsed. 

All we did in school that day was watch TV. After school, I went to my church which was having a prayer service.  I left early because an "elder" spoke and said, "let's not make any irrational decisions on how to react to this.  Fighting back will only lead to this happening again."  I disagreed and left.  Sat in line at a gas station for 45 minutes.  Went home.  Watched TV until 3am. 

We still played football that Friday.  I've never considered myself a true patriot as I've never had an inkling to serve in the military.  However, when our coach gave us the pregame speech about how our country was turned upside down and everything else entertainment wise was cancelled, I got tears.  Not to be corny, but high school football in Alabama was the only thing going on to keep people's mind off of terrorism. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »
My nine year old daughter listened to some of the 911 calls and the other things that were replayed on the radio yesterday.  I've never seen a kid get so passionate or fired up about politics in the aftermath.  I let her rant. Pushed her in no specific direction, just let her say what was on her mind.

Please vote for my daughter for president when she runs.  Among her platform planks:

1) Osama Bin Laden? Dead. Doesn't matter what you have to do to find him. Dead. If you want to torture him to find out where all his friends are, you can, but after that? Dead.

2) Close the borders. If you want to come here, you better have a good reason and show why. 

3) Support the army. How can we have peace if everybody can just attack us and we don't do anything? We have to be strong to have peace. People don't have to be afraid of us, but everybody should know that if they mess with us we are going to smack them.

4) Tell the government to get out of our business. Let people be as successful as they want. We should all have to stand on our own and not sit around and wait for somebody to give us anything. If you work hard and make more money, you should keep it.  Taxes should only go for building roads and paying for schools and making the army. (She got to this after asking who paid the army and I had to give her a short explanation of taxes. She was appalled that the government takes a portion of my money that I earn and uses it for things she may not agree with).

5) English should be the official language.  If you want to live here, you have to learn it first and pass a test showing you can speak, write and read it.

6) Did I mention dead and tortured Bin Laden?  We send the army after all of his people. Capture them and make them read the Bible until they understand things.  Or just kill them before they kill us, whatever works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.