Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Fox Sports picks us to go 3-9

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Fox Sports picks us to go 3-9
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
3-9 would leave the distinct taste of ass in my mouth (For the first time).  I would want Chizik and staff gone, quickly.  I guess I'm in a different camp when it comes to the talent level on this team.  While I agree that our depth is very suspect at a couple of positions, I truly believe that our front line guys are big time players.  I still hold that QB play and injuries are the whole key.  

At the end of last year, my biggest beef was that there were no playmakers with the exception of maybe Mario Fannin.  I don't think that's the case anymore with the addition of guys like McCalebb and Blake and Benton etc.  I've also argued several times that a huge number of guys on this team are the same ones that 2 years ago, went to the Swamp and kicked ass, lost on a last second pass at LSU and beat Bama and Clemson to close the season.  The same group picked to win the SEC last year.  Last year was cluster fuck of epic proportions but the front line talent is here.  3-9 would be totally and completely unacceptable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 09:54:56 AM »
3-9 would leave the distinct taste of ass in my mouth (For the first time).  I would want Chizik and staff gone, quickly.  I guess I'm in a different camp when it comes to the talent level on this team.  While I agree that our depth is very suspect at a couple of positions, I truly believe that our front line guys are big time players.  I still hold that QB play and injuries are the whole key.  

At the end of last year, my biggest beef was that there were no playmakers with the exception of maybe Mario Fannin.  I don't think that's the case anymore with the addition of guys like McCalebb and Blake and Benton etc.  I've also argued several times that a huge number of guys on this team are the same ones that 2 years ago, went to the Swamp and kicked ass, lost on a last second pass at LSU and beat Bama and Clemson to close the season.  The same group picked to win the SEC last year.  Last year was cluster fuck of epic proportions but the front line talent is here.  3-9 would be totally and completely unacceptable.

Exactly my thoughts talent wise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »

At the end of last year, my biggest beef was that there were no playmakers with the exception of maybe Mario Fannin.  I don't think that's the case anymore with the addition of guys like McCalebb and Blake and Benton etc.  I've also argued several times that a huge number of guys on this team are the same ones that 2 years ago, went to the Swamp and kicked ass, lost on a last second pass at LSU and beat Bama and Clemson to close the season.  The same group picked to win the SEC last year.  Last year was cluster fuck of epic proportions but the front line talent is here.  3-9 would be totally and completely unacceptable.

This...all of it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 10:10:37 AM »
The chizik clown posse is expecting to lose this year and expecting it to be a regular thing. That is why they have constantly harped that they have talented players and that there is no depth due to the fact that they have not got enough scholly players.
Fuck them and their self serving lying asses. If the previous administration didn't recruuit and leave them any talent why pray tell do they wish they had left them any more untalented players?
MalZ is smoke and mirrors as an OC. We all know the history of our DC and the world beating establishments he has ran.
3-9 would be no better nor worse than chizik's best season ever.
I say fire him at the first opportunity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 10:32:56 AM »
I think 3 wins would be a great way to start the blueprint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:34 AM »
The chizik clown posse is expecting to lose this year and expecting it to be a regular thing. That is why they have constantly harped that they have talented players and that there is no depth due to the fact that they have not got enough scholly players.
Fuck them and their self serving lying asses. If the previous administration didn't recruuit and leave them any talent why pray tell do they wish they had left them any more untalented players?
MalZ is smoke and mirrors as an OC.
We all know the history of our DC and the world beating establishments he has ran.
3-9 would be no better nor worse than chizik's best season ever.
I say fire him at the first opportunity.

The first sentence makes absolutely no sense.  The second sentence is absolutely unfounded.  How is he smoke and mirrors?  I guess because you have an unbridled hatred for Chizik, Malzahn must also suck by proxy... Super genius.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »
The first sentence makes absolutely no sense.  The second sentence is absolutely unfounded.  How is he smoke and mirrors?  I guess because you have an unbridled hatred for Chizik, Malzahn must also suck by proxy... Super genius.

That made my head spin too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 12:43:30 PM »
If he only wins 3, or Zero, I'll drive the black hummer limo to Auburn, pick him up to take him on a Tiger Prowl visit at a new HS...located inside the Airport.  Maybe we don't have a lot of depth and talent in EVERY positon, but we certainly have enough to do SOME damage somewhere...even if it's the bottomfeeders..  I'm okay with that under the circumstances this year.

I don't see this happening though.  I think we're at the point where nobody knows anything.  Especially the media.  One writer, or outlet, tv report starts mimicking the other.  It's become fashionable and the expectation that Auburn will suck this year, so they all maintain the same theme.  No real reasons other than what they've read and seen from someone else doing the same thing.  Part of having a staff that NOBODY has a clue about.

Now, if after this year, we're mediocre and the same "Auburn sucks" reports come out AFTER this year, then phuk'n A.

I'm in complete and total standbye mode, while just being excited for Auburn Football and everything that goes with it.

You're wrong about people "knowing things" 

I just don't get that part of your position.  Yes, people DO know things.  People who've watched practices, talked to players, talked to coaches, seen clips, etc.  They DO know things.  They know things based on their experience, based on what they see and based on what they hear. 

People in the media don't just sit around and wait to heat what Chris Fowler says so they can say the same thing.  As a general rule, people in that business want more than anything to be right and to be first.  They're not typically going to parrot something somebody else says unless they have a reason to.

It's easy to point out the times when the media is wrong.  Lou Holtz predicts Notre Dame to play for the NC every year until they lose their fourth game of the season.  But for every loony Lou Holtz prediction the guys who watch the games and really know what's going on get it right 90% of the time.

For the record? I just wrote.  It's on the front page. I'm NOT okay with three wins this season.  I'm NOT okay with beating up on bottomfeeders.  Not at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:49 PM »
You're wrong about people "knowing things" 

I just don't get that part of your position.  Yes, people DO know things.  People who've watched practices, talked to players, talked to coaches, seen clips, etc.  They DO know things.  They know things based on their experience, based on what they see and based on what they hear. 

People in the media don't just sit around and wait to heat what Chris Fowler says so they can say the same thing.  As a general rule, people in that business want more than anything to be right and to be first.  They're not typically going to parrot something somebody else says unless they have a reason to.

It's easy to point out the times when the media is wrong.  Lou Holtz predicts Notre Dame to play for the NC every year until they lose their fourth game of the season.  But for every loony Lou Holtz prediction the guys who watch the games and really know what's going on get it right 90% of the time.

Agree to disagree then.  I've seen way too many cookie cutter, no depth articles that make me feel the way I do.  Sorry.   As far as people "knowing" things?  I just don't believe until this staff does ANYTHING on the field, or displays ability during certain game situations, that anyone can "know" anything.  JMO...again.

I'm NOT okay with three wins this season.  I'm NOT okay with beating up on bottomfeeders.  Not at all.

Complete agreement.  Never thought any differently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:58 PM »
Good front page, by the way.  As for the media, I think they're as much in the dark about this team as any of us.  First, Chizik has pretty much closed off practices since his arrival so there's very little first hand accounting.  Second, Chizik has quickly become the King of boilerplate Coachspeak.  He says nothing.  His assistants are a little more open but they really don't say much either as far as giving us a guage on where this team is.  Also, player interviews are never going to be anything more than, "We're ready to get after it."  "We're tired of hitting each other...blah, blah, blah".

Was the media collectively wrong in 08'?  With regard to winning the SEC, I think they were, but understandably.  No reason to think otherwise or that Auburn would at least be a player.  My problem with the media is how did they go from winning the SEC to zero talent.  The two don't mesh at all.  Has anyone in the media done their homework and truly broken down the reasons for the 08' debacle?  I've seen very little of that and it appears that all of a sudden, Auburn is in this deep crevace of despair and it's going to take years of rebuilding to climb out of it.  I'm not all roses, rainbows, unicorns and all that.  I think Bama has quickly vaulted themselves to the top of the pile with 2-3 years of killer recruiting hauls.  But, I also think Auburn should be a factor in the West race and a couple of recruiting classes away from the same stature.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 01:46:24 PM »
Great article K!!

I will add some pics and some tags, what did you mean here?

Proper utilization of Mario Fannin and the explosive potential of transfer Onterio McCaleb should five the offense added boost?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
give
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
Agree to disagree then.  I've seen way too many cookie cutter, no depth articles that make me feel the way I do. 

See, for example, any article praising Houston Nutt's coaching abilities.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 02:46:25 PM »
See, for example, any article praising Houston Nutt's coaching abilities.

Disagree there too. 

He's a lunatic and has some mental issues, but he can occasionally coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »
Disagree there too. 

He's a lunatic and has some mental issues, but he can occasionally coach. 

In ten years in the SEC he has a roughly .500 winning percentage.   A large percentage of those wins came against OM/MSU/Vandy.

The guy is a complete clown and the lazy fucking media just keep regurgitation bullshit about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 03:00:08 PM »
In ten years in the SEC he has a roughly .500 winning percentage.   A large percentage of those wins came against OM/MSU/Vandy.

The guy is a complete clown and the lazy phuking media just keep regurgitation bullpoop about him.

He punked our ass at some critical moments in our history. 

He did a good job recruiting decent talent to one of the most difficult places to recruit in the SEC. He's got a .500 record which is better than most in the league.

I wouldn't want him at Auburn because he coaches from emotion.  Emotional guys will occasionally win big games, but they'll also lose a lot of small ones. 

I've always hated playing teams that thrive on emotion.  If they ever get up on you, they'll beat you like a rented mule.  You can get blown out (which is what they did to us with Fred Talley, etc. ).  Conversely, if you take them out of the game just a little, you can own them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
He did a good job recruiting decent talent to one of the most difficult places to recruit in the SEC. He's got a .500 record which is better than most in the league.

No, he didn't.  He is the laziest recruiter in the SEC.  McFadden/Jones (Matt and Felix)/etc fell into his lap because they WANTED to play at UA.

I wouldn't want him at Auburn because he coaches from emotion.  Emotional guys will occasionally win big games, but they'll also lose a lot of small ones. 

I agree with this.  It is also why I think he's a shitty coach.  Good coaches are steady and professional.  Emotional coaches are fuck ups that luck into a win occasionally.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »
No, he didn't.  He is the laziest recruiter in the SEC.  McFadden/Jones (Matt and Felix)/etc fell into his lap because they WANTED to play at UA.

I agree with this.  It is also why I think he's a poopty coach.  Good coaches are steady and professional.  Emotional coaches are phuk ups that luck into a win occasionally.

Do you have a link for any of that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
Do you have a link for any of that?

www.woopig.net

They can give you chapter and verse...along with a 48 page primer...on Nutt's failures as a coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions