Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn steals Bama commit

Birmingham

Auburn steals Bama commit
« on: September 24, 2009, 09:21:02 PM »
At least that's what I'm hearing will take place in the next couple of days.  Someone at TS posted it but he has a history of being full of shit at times.  Hope it's not true but worried it may be.

PS  If it's true and it ends up being Corey Grant I'll become a professional drunk and walk around pissed off for the next 4 years (5 if I redshirt).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Auburn steals Bama commit
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
"5 if I redshirt"

+2
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
I've heard the Sanders and Grant rumors on ITAT and Rivals, with Sanders supposedly being the most likely, but that doesn't mean much.  None of the reporters on the sites have said anything.

Supposedly Sanders has been in heavy contact with Auburn coaches for a few weeks now.  Who knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
I got in late to the "Insider Meetings"....had to work late today, but is this supposedly the player that we'll be hearing about within the next 24-48 hours?  I've heard some whispers about it being a player that, right now, isn't on Auburn's recruiting board.  Maybe Corey Grant saw something that he liked, this past weekend, while at Auburn?  The only other player that it could possibly be would be DE Craig Sanders.  I guess we'll find out by this time Saturday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:24:45 PM »
I'm pretty certain it's Grant.  I could be wrong.  Grant liked Auburn but was wary of Chizik's ability to coach; he was also wary of Malzahn working in the SEC. 

Grant is a perfect fit in Malzahn's offense.  He's not much in a Saban-McElwain offense. 

I would love to steal him, but this is one of those "fits the system better" steals.  Now, if we get Sanders, that'd be a huge  :fu: to Bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »
Ive seen this happen twice already this year, where rumors get to flying and nothing happens. It is kind of interesting though that Grant will be in Auburn this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 09:02:39 AM »
Ive seen this happen twice already this year, where rumors get to flying and nothing happens. It is kind of interesting though that Grant will be in Auburn this weekend.

Isn't Grant in Auburn every weekend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Isn't Grant in Auburn every weekend?
We all know you wish you were...don't be hatin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 09:13:34 AM »
Don't worry just yet Bham. I am hearing Sanders definitely but not Grant. Logic would point to the exact opposite since Grant doesn't quite fit McElwains system as much as he would Malzahn's but Ive seen stranger things happen. Stay tuned.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »
Don't worry just yet Bham. I am hearing Sanders definitely but not Grant. Logic would point to the exact opposite since Grant doesn't quite fit McElwains system as much as he would Malzahn's but Ive seen stranger things happen. Stay tuned.....

You got your own skreets???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »

He is a legitimate source.  Promise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's only when we've lost everything that we are free to do anything.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »
    that'd be a huge  :fu: to Bama.

Always down for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

GH2001

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
LMAO -
I wouldn't call them skreets but I do like to pass along good info when I hear it. Yes I have a few good sources. But there's always the disclaimer than anything can change between now and Feb. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Ogre

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
LMAO -
I wouldn't call them skreets but I do like to pass along good info when I hear it. Yes I have a few good sources. But there's always the disclaimer than anything can change between now and Feb. :)

Does this mean we can't sell our "TigersX:  Our Inside Sources Suck!" t-shirt anymore?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 04:58:52 PM »
Well, I wouldnt go that far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »
I heard around some other boards a few weeks ago that Sanders may defect. I highly doubt Grant is going anywhere, and I really don't see where your statement about him not fitting our system is accurate. You know who our leading receiver is right now? Mark Ingram. CNS has stated numerous times that he wants feature backs that can catch out of the backfield and on short patterns as well. Grant has excellent hands and great run skills. How you figure he isn't a fit at Alabama is beyond me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »
I heard around some other boards a few weeks ago that Sanders may defect. I highly doubt Grant is going anywhere, and I really don't see where your statement about him not fitting our system is accurate. You know who our leading receiver is right now? Mark Ingram. CNS has stated numerous times that he wants feature backs that can catch out of the backfield and on short patterns as well. Grant has excellent hands and great run skills. How you figure he isn't a fit at Alabama is beyond me.

And Ingram is a bruiser. 

Grant is a Harvin-type back.  If you can name a player for Bama that has contributed in that way, I'll concede.  Prothro was like that.  Perhaps Terry Grant was similar in stature. 

Grant will never be a 15-carry running back.  He's a hybrid like McCluster, McCalebb (who needs to catch some more balls), or Fannin. 

If you had to pick between Malzahn and McElwain's systems, based on what we've seen so far, Grant is much more applicable in a spread offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
And Ingram is a bruiser.  

Grant is a Harvin-type back.  If you can name a player for Bama that has contributed in that way, I'll concede.  Prothro was like that.  Perhaps Terry Grant was similar in stature.  

Grant will never be a 15-carry running back.  He's a hybrid like McCluster, McCalebb (who needs to catch some more balls), or Fannin.  

If you had to pick between Malzahn and McElwain's systems, based on what we've seen so far, Grant is much more applicable in a spread offense.
Alabama has been trying to incorporate things like lining up RBs at WR, moving them from the backfield to WR in motion, etc for the past two years. Grant has been taking reps at WR lately, and we know they would like to do some Wildcat stuff, since we have already ran it some. Ingram is pretty much an all around back. Have you ever watched him just turned loose? He can run it down your throat, he can make you miss in space, he has speed, and he has good hands. Thats an all-around back, and thats the sort of back Alabama looks for. Trent Richardson is a carbon copy of Ingram almost. Grant follows along with that as well. We haven't really had a Harvin type back, true enough. But I doubt you have watched how Alabama has been using their backs that closely, except for the VT game. Really, UA and AU use the backs the same way except for Wildcat if you really really compare. We don't use Wildcat nearly as much, and Ingram lines up at QB. I think in AU's Wildcat, Fannin lines up at WR?

Our bread and butter this season has been out of the Pistol formation. If you aren't familiar, its a shotgun formation with a RB like 2 yards behind him. This is a great formation for downhill running, and gives the RB a head of steam to bust through the line. It also gives him a little time to read how the line is breaking down when the ball is snapped. We're running alot of Pistol formations, utilizing some spread, and some Wildcat.....showing alot of multiples, which I think is great.

Does Grant fit into both systems? Yes. I just don't see how he fits into one better than the other. When you cut right down to it and actually analyze it, UA and AU use their backs the same way, minus the Wildcat.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:45:44 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »
Does this mean we can't sell our "TigersX:  Our Inside Sources Suck!" t-shirt anymore?

The Skreets came through on this one.....bump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE