Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Re: Chizik Just Confuses Me (Sensi)

Aubie16

« on: August 31, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
The writer of the article you posted from the Florence Newspaper conveniently left out some of Chizik's words, which left you confused.

Columbus Ledger-Inquirer Article

“I don’t know exactly where we are in that department,” Chizik said. "We’re trying to go enough of our first teams against each other, where we stay sharp in that department. Because that is a concern if you don’t do that."

“But there is a fine line with us doing too much of that versus doing too little of it. But I feel good with where we’re at. I still feel like our plan is smart.”

vs. Florence Times article

“I don’t know exactly where we are in that department,” Chizik said. "But I feel good with where we’re at. I still feel like our plan is smart.”

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:58:34 AM by Aubie16 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:04:26 AM »
“I don’t know exactly where we are in that department,” Chizik said. "We’re trying to go enough of our first teams against each other, where we stay sharp in that department. Because that is a concern if you don’t do that."

“But there is a fine line with us doing too much of that versus doing too little of it. But I feel good with where we’re at. I still feel like our plan is smart.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »

He doesn't know exactly where they're at in the department of going 100% physical, due to lack of depth. However, they are trying to have first teams go against each other as much as possible. Therefore, he feels good with where they're at in the "fine line with doing too much of that versus doing too little of it."

I guess I'm just wildly interpreting what he said because I can read.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
He doesn't know exactly where they're at in the department of going 100% physical, due to lack of depth. However, they are trying to have first teams go against each other as much as possible. Therefore, he feels good with where they're at in the "fine line with doing too much of that versus doing too little of it."

How dare you bring reading comprehension into this!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »

Balderdash!!!  Wild, speculative and irresponsible on your part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:04:52 AM »

I understood what he said, that doesn't mean he wasn't talking in circles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:23:06 AM »
I understood what he said, that doesn't mean he wasn't talking in circles.

He talks a lot but rarely says much of value.   

Beyond the noted cliches, he says a lot of "I don't know where we are."  He also says things that contradict what his assistants say. 

He's either being purposely obtuse and vague which, depending on your position could be a good or a bad thing.

Or he really doesn't know, which, again, depending on your position could be either good or bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.