Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban signs 3 year extention to carry him through 2017

Re: Saban signs 3 year extention to carry him through 2017
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »
It's your childish little way of trying to call somebody out so that when you get blasted, you can throw yourself on the cross and claim to be a martyr. 

Done with you, Chop.   You can play your games with somebody else.  I'm tired of toying with you.

So in other words. You've got nothing.  All I did was ask a question.  You were the one with the snide little "spin spin spin" bs, and followed it up with the "taunt" emoticon.  So, I'm sorry I offended you.  Where did you "blast" me on this? Where am I claiming victory?  Do I, or did I get a title belt?  

Done with ME???  You're the one that brings me up in thread after thread after thread lately Kaos.  Chopper this. Chopper that.  Chopper and Prowler.  Chopper/ Prowler and Chizad.  Chop Chop Chop....  

Get over yourself dude.  Martyr my happy ass.

Are you really that obtuse? :blink:

It's not that if he leaves, he gets diddly.  It's that if he leaves you for another school, he pays no penalty and neither does the school hiring him.  The intent of a buyout is to make it less attractive for a coach to consider a job at another school.  If Meechigan State has to pay bammer $5M to "steal" Saban, they may consider someone else instead.  It is a punitive measure, bonehead.  If he leaves, it will be because someone else ponied up more money than bammer and he could give a shit about whatever he might be leaving on the table in Tuscaloser.  It is all about the benjamins, not about whose logo is stamped on the check.

So in other words, when he gets tired of putting up with y'all's inbred shit, he can leave without so much as a kiss and a wave good bye, the next school in line can throw all of its money at his salary without worrying about a buyout payment, and you guys are left holding the bag again...

DING DING DING!!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »

It's not that if he leaves, he gets diddly.  It's that if he leaves you for another school, he pays no penalty and neither does the school hiring him.  The intent of a buyout is to make it less attractive for a coach to consider a job at another school.  If Meechigan State has to pay bammer $5M to "steal" Saban, they may consider someone else instead.  It is a punitive measure, bonehead.  If he leaves, it will be because someone else ponied up more money than bammer and he could give a poop about whatever he might be leaving on the table in Tuscaloser.  It is all about the benjamins, not about whose logo is stamped on the check.

So in other words, when he gets tired of putting up with y'all's inbred poop, he can leave without so much as a kiss and a wave good bye, the next school in line can throw all of its money at his salary without worrying about a buyout payment, and you guys are left holding the bag again...

Thank you for saying what I was unable to adequately articulate. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 08:53:13 AM »

It's not that if he leaves, he gets diddly.  It's that if he leaves you for another school, he pays no penalty and neither does the school hiring him.  The intent of a buyout is to make it less attractive for a coach to consider a job at another school.  If Meechigan State has to pay bammer $5M to "steal" Saban, they may consider someone else instead.  It is a punitive measure, bonehead.  If he leaves, it will be because someone else ponied up more money than bammer and he could give a shit about whatever he might be leaving on the table in Tuscaloser.  It is all about the benjamins, not about whose logo is stamped on the check.

So in other words, when he gets tired of putting up with y'all's inbred shit, he can leave without so much as a kiss and a wave good bye, the next school in line can throw all of its money at his salary without worrying about a buyout payment, and you guys are left holding the bag again...
Soooo, if he leaves for another school, we will have to get a new coach. Thats all we're out. Again, we're not really "spreading our ass cheeks" here as Chizad would suggest. We're not going to owe him anything if he leaves on his own. I'm not so much worried about a buyout, because I really do believe that this is his last stop. But if he does choose to coach somewhere else before his contract is up, then holy fuck, we will hire a new coach. Not that big of an issue. I would guess the program would be in way better shape than it was when it was handed over to him. I would guess the table would be set for a few years as well. Its not like he was going to coach at Alabama forever or something. I can promise you, the football program will not be cancelled should Nick Saban leave Alabama.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:54:45 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 09:00:01 AM »
Thank you for saying what I was unable to adequately articulate. 

That's a first...

I mean...as far as an admission...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 09:26:11 AM »
Soooo, if he leaves for another school, we will have to get a new coach. Thats all we're out. Again, we're not really "spreading our ass cheeks" here as Chizad would suggest. We're not going to owe him anything if he leaves on his own. I'm not so much worried about a buyout, because I really do believe that this is his last stop. But if he does choose to coach somewhere else before his contract is up, then holy fuck, we will hire a new coach. Not that big of an issue. I would guess the program would be in way better shape than it was when it was handed over to him. I would guess the table would be set for a few years as well. Its not like he was going to coach at Alabama forever or something. I can promise you, the football program will not be cancelled should Nick Saban leave Alabama.
First, just wanted to point out that your post in which someone (you) finally answered my question came through after I started the post where I asked it again.

Secondly, uat's contract with Saban is the most sad and pathetic one-sided contract in the history of college football. Look it up.

As Wench said, he could give a fuck less if he gets more money out of uat when he leaves them for greener pastures. That $5 mil that Notre Dame or Michigan or who the fuck ever would usually have to pay their current employer for a buyout payment, will instead be able to include that as a more enticing first year salary. Or a signing bonus, for that matter.

Even more pathetic is that if he starts going losing to LaMonroes and 5 other teams every year (as he's proven he's quite capable of), you have to pay him out the ass to get rid of him. That's money that could be lining your next savior's pocket.

If you don't think you're getting fucked there, then we need to be making some financial arrangements between the two of us. In the market to buy some land? I got a quarter of my backyard I'm practically giving away for $20 million.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »
First, just wanted to point out that your post in which someone (you) finally answered my question came through after I started the post where I asked it again.

Secondly, uat's contract with Saban is the most sad and pathetic one-sided contract in the history of college football. Look it up.

As Wench said, he could give a fuck less if he gets more money out of uat when he leaves them for greener pastures. That $5 mil that Notre Dame or Michigan or who the fuck ever would usually have to pay their current employer for a buyout payment, will instead be able to include that as a more enticing first year salary. Or a signing bonus, for that matter.

Even more pathetic is that if he starts going losing to LaMonroes and 5 other teams every year (as he's proven he's quite capable of), you have to pay him out the ass to get rid of him. That's money that could be lining your next savior's pocket.

If you don't think you're getting fucked there, then we need to be making some financial arrangements between the two of us. In the market to buy some land? I got a quarter of my backyard I'm practically giving away for $20 million.
Thanks for being SO damned concerned about the University of Alabama. Glad to know that as an AU fan, you are still concerned for the university's fiscal well being. I answered your question in my original reply. I'm sorry you didn't read through the whole post. And also, I posted the link to Saban's contract. Pretty sure I've read it once or twice. Again, if he leaves for another school, SO FUCKING WHAT. By the way you put it, we should be glad to be rid of him, according to your predictions. In one sentence, you talk about him losing to ULM and five other teams a year, but the next you talk about how we could lose him so easily. Which one is it? Is he so shitty that we will be glad to get rid of him, or is he so good, we're going to regret letting him go to another school so easily?

We're paying good money for a good coach. If he chooses to no longer be our coach, which he will one day, who gives a shit? Its just a matter of time. Whether its in 2 years or 10, one day, he will not be Alabama's coach anymore. Most AU fans were saying he would be gone in 3-4 years anyway. I expected 6 years, at the very most. Alabama football will not cease to exist when Nick Saban leaves. But hey, thanks for looking out for our well being.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »
RWS,

If Saban is doing very well, and another large school wants him, don't you think by Alabama NOT putting a buyout makes Saban a lot more attractive and attainable?  Bama should have at least put themselves in a position to get SOMETHING if they get screwed from behind by some other school.  As it sits now, Bama gets nothing but a new coachings search, and he could do it at ANY time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 10:13:45 AM »
RWS,

If Saban is doing very well, and another large school wants him, don't you think by Alabama NOT putting a buyout makes Saban a lot more attractive and attainable?  Bama should have at least put themselves in a position to get SOMETHING if they get screwed from behind by some other school.  As it sits now, Bama gets nothing but a new coachings search, and he could do it at ANY time.
Yes, it does make it a lot more attractive and makes him more attainable. I don't see it as getting screwed from behind by another school, really. Its business. If another school wants him, and he wants to go, then so be it. I don't see why, as Alabama fans, that should bother us. I expect a coach to go where he thinks is best for him and his family. If he thinks whatever school is better for him and his family, whether it is because of money or whatever, then let him go. I really do think this is his last stop, though. If not? Well, best wishes when he leaves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 10:23:54 AM »
Yes, it does make it a lot more attractive and makes him more attainable. I don't see it as getting screwed from behind by another school, really. Its business.

Yes.  It's a business, and as a huge attribute to Bama's business you'd think they'd put a mechanism in place to make it more difficult to be swept out from under them.  Bama has done themselves ZERO favors here, and offering him an extension while still not solving this, leaves them exposed. 

If another school wants him, and he wants to go, then so be it. I don't see why, as Alabama fans, that should bother us. I expect a coach to go where he thinks is best for him and his family. If he thinks whatever school is better for him and his family, whether it is because of money or whatever, then let him go. I really do think this is his last stop, though. If not? Well, best wishes when he leaves.

This sounds really nice, but if you're being 100% sincere here (which you may be), you constitute an extremely small fraction of your fan base. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
I answered your question in my original reply. I'm sorry you didn't read through the whole post.
Tard.
Less than one minute apart. That was your original reply. I was responding from my phone. You answered simultaneous of when I asked again.

And also, I posted the link to Saban's contract. Pretty sure I've read it once or twice. Again, if he leaves for another school, SO FUCKING WHAT. By the way you put it, we should be glad to be rid of him, according to your predictions. In one sentence, you talk about him losing to ULM and five other teams a year, but the next you talk about how we could lose him so easily. Which one is it? Is he so shitty that we will be glad to get rid of him, or is he so good, we're going to regret letting him go to another school so easily?
You're fucked either way. Saban comes out smelling like a rose either way. My prediction? He'll perennially get 7-8 wins a season, which will cause some bricks to fly in two years or less.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
Tard.

Less than one minute apart. That was your original reply. I was responding from my phone. You answered simultaneous of when I asked again.

You're fucked either way. Saban comes out smelling like a rose either way. My prediction? He'll perennially get 7-8 wins a season, which will cause some bricks to fly in two years or less.
The very first post I made in this thread, if you read the last sentence, reads:

He doesn't have a buyout, but if he left for another job he doesn't get shit anyway. What does it matter?

Then your next post, you quoted yourself, presumably re-asking the question. There was nothing else in that post, so this is what I assume. Then I told you that I had already answered that question. Go back to page 1 to see. I don't know if your phone fucked up or what, but I answered your question twice.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:41:29 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2009, 10:40:42 AM »
Yes.  It's a business, and as a huge attribute to Bama's business you'd think they'd put a mechanism in place to make it more difficult to be swept out from under them.  Bama has done themselves ZERO favors here, and offering him an extension while still not solving this, leaves them exposed. 

This sounds really nice, but if you're being 100% sincere here (which you may be), you constitute an extremely small fraction of your fan base. 
I've told you people a million times, and feel free to hold me to it when it happens. I'm not going to go suicidal when Nick Saban leaves Alabama. If we're doing well, is it going to suck? Hell yes. Is it the end of the world? No. He was going to leave eventually, so why get all fucking crazy when....*gasp*....it actually happens? Coaches come and go. That is the nature of their business. Coaches aren't "Auburn Man", "Florida Man", "Alabama Man", etc anymore. College football is business, and more fans need to realize that, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
The very first post I made in this thread, if you read the last sentence, reads:

Then your next post, you quoted yourself, presumably re-asking the question. There was nothing else in that post, so this is what I assume. Then I told you that I had already answered that question. Go back to page 1 to see. I don't know if your phone fucked up or what, but I answered your question twice.
Yes. You answered it 57 seconds earlier than I re-asked it. Just like I've said from the beginning. In that 57 seconds I was in the process of posting the question again. It has nothing to do with me deliberately ignoring your post. I read it. AFTER I finished posting the question again.

Why is this hard to understand?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »
Soooo, if he leaves for another school, we will have to get a new coach. Thats all we're out. Again, we're not really "spreading our ass cheeks" here as Chizad would suggest. We're not going to owe him anything if he leaves on his own. I'm not so much worried about a buyout, because I really do believe that this is his last stop. But if he does choose to coach somewhere else before his contract is up, then holy phuk, we will hire a new coach. Not that big of an issue. I would guess the program would be in way better shape than it was when it was handed over to him. I would guess the table would be set for a few years as well. Its not like he was going to coach at Alabama forever or something. I can promise you, the football program will not be cancelled should Nick Saban leave Alabama.
:rofl:

Please.  Look up the term "mercenary."  You'll learn a lot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
Coaches aren't "Auburn Man", "Florida Man", "Alabama Man", etc anymore.

Gene Chizik says you are full of it buster.  He's "home."  He's an Auburn man to the core..

Wait... what?  Nevermind.  

Uhhh, does anybody know the number to the suicide hotline?  

Two people who DO say you're full of turds?  Pat Dye and Gene Stallings.  And Bobby Bowden. 

Wait....what again? 

Forget it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:10:04 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
Two people who DO say you're full of turds?  Pat Dye and Gene Stallings.  And Bobby Bowden. 

Wait....what again? 

Forget it.
Read: anymore. I don't think coaches are like that anymore. It has become so much about business nowadays, instead of loyalty, etc, that you're not really going to find coaches like Dye or Stallings anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2009, 11:28:32 AM »
Read: anymore. I don't think coaches are like that anymore. It has become so much about business nowadays, instead of loyalty, etc, that you're not really going to find coaches like Dye or Stallings anymore.

I guess you missed my point with the "forget it" line.  That's what I was attempting to say in a humorous way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »
I guess you missed my point with the "forget it" line.  That's what I was attempting to say in a humorous way.
If you have to explain it...

1. Its not funny.
2. The other guy is a tard.

Personally I like to go with number 2
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2009, 11:36:36 AM »
Sometimes its difficult to know whether you are being sarcastic, or serious. I figure I have a 50/50 shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dman

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
 There will come a time when Coach Saban will leave and Alabama is going to form a coaching search. If that happens because of retirement GREAT but if he wants to go somewhere else so be it. Why want a coach that does not want you what ever the case may be. Auburn is in the situation they are in now talent wise because they were forced to keep a coach because of a buy out that did not want to be there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions