Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kickin' it with Coach Chizik....Part II

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kickin' it with Coach Chizik....Part II
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2009, 10:11:54 AM »
It's times like this that I can love you again.

I'm pretty sure based on some previous research I did that the 2004 AU team played much stronger opposition.  That so-called otherworldly 1992 defense averaged almost 10 ppg.  The '04 AU defense allowed just over 11 ppg, but the competition was (to my memory) significantly better.  I don't think they played but two quality teams in '92.  I'll have to go back and dig it up. 

When I write it?  I will post it to the front page.  The bama hacks here will shit their drawers and tell all their friends.  We will be inundated with redneck bastards telling us how ignorant we are.   Word will get out quickly. 

I'll probably get death threats.  Gotten them twice in my life.  Once when I said Alabama was stupid for giving Shula a raise and another when I said NASCAR was idiotic in general and Dale Earnhardt was no hero just because he buzzed around in circles and killed himself. 

You prepared for that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure based on some previous research I did that the 2004 AU team played much stronger opposition.  That so-called otherworldly 1992 defense averaged almost 10 ppg.  The '04 AU defense allowed just over 11 ppg, but the competition was (to my memory) significantly better.  I don't think they played but two quality teams in '92.  I'll have to go back and dig it up. 

That team played more top ten opponents than OU and USC combined that year.  Sorry, that's the only stat handy in my brain this morning.  I trust your research will bear out your premise.

You prepared for that? 

I was born ready.  I'm with ya, Leather.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »

That team played more top ten opponents than OU and USC combined that year.  Sorry, that's the only stat handy in my brain this morning.  I trust your research will bear out your premise.

I was born ready.  I'm with ya, Leather.
BUT BUT BUT...they played the Citadel.

Automatic disqualification!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »
Sounds like a party to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
He only coached the best defense, ever, in the history of college football.  All defenses, past, present and future must be measured against it.  No offense ever scored against it.  In fact, it scored most of the points for its own team.  It was so awesome, Kool Aid named a flavor after it.  Michael Jackson wrote a song about it, but it was so touching it made him cry and he could never manage to perform it, thus it has never been heard.  That defense was so awesome that Hitler came back from the grave and surrendered to it so he could save a little dignity. It was so awesome the government tried to purchase it to replace the Hoover Dam.  The Dam plan fell through, though.

Yeah.  He coached that.  I don't have any idea about the awards.

I'm going to do an analysis of that damn team.  That's my mission for the next few days.  It was not that f*cking good and I'm going to prove it.  

I COL'd (Chortled Out Loud)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »

When I write it?  I will post it to the front page.  The bama hacks here will shit their drawers and tell all their friends.  We will be inundated with redneck bastards telling us how ignorant we are.   Word will get out quickly. 

I'll probably get death threats.  Gotten them twice in my life.  Once when I said Alabama was stupid for giving Shula a raise and another when I said NASCAR was idiotic in general and Dale Earnhardt was no hero just because he buzzed around in circles and killed himself. 

You prepared for that? 
If they give that much of a fuck about a team from 17 years ago, they need to let it go. You can't compare a team from 1992 to a team in 2004. Thats why it annoys me when I go on BOL and see people asking if our '09 defense will be better than the 1992 defense. 17. Fucking. Years. People. Shit, even I wouldn't form an argument if you put up whatever stats to say the 1992 team wasn't all that great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »
If they give that much of a f*ck about a team from 17 years ago, they need to let it go. You can't compare a team from 1992 to a team in 2004. Thats why it annoys me when I go on BOL and see people asking if our '09 defense will be better than the 1992 defense. 17. f*cking. Years. People. sh*t, even I wouldn't form an argument if you put up whatever stats to say the 1992 team wasn't all that great.

BLASPHEMER!!!

It is the team by which all other college football teams must be judged.  And all fall short of the glory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
BLASPHEMER!!!

It is the team by which all other college football teams must be judged.  And all fall short of the glory.

I's thought dat team wuz reeel gewd. Tha most best eva pimp.

Signed,

Antonio Langham
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
I think the one thing about that defense, or better yet, that game...was that I don't think I've ever seen a more glaring endorsement for a playoff system.  Meaning...settle the shit on the field.  Anyone who followed that game recalls how it was a foregone conclusion that Miami, the baddest mofos in the history of college football, would have a double digit cakewalk.  They had the Swagga.  It was a mismatch talent wise of epic proportions.  Hype doesn't prove a damn thing.  The scoreboard does.

Defensively, I'd put our 87' team up there with some of the best evah.  SHOULD have played for the MNC had it not been for one decision to go prevent defense against LSU on the last drive of the game....when they hadn't crossed midfield the entire second half.  If memory serves, Auburn allowed that 1 TD to LSU then promptly ran off 4 straight shut outs after that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:40 PM »
I's thought dat team wuz reeel gewd. Tha most best eva pimp.

Signed,

Antonio Langham

For the record?  He signed this on a napkin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
For the record?  He signed this on a napkin.
You know where he got his shoes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions