Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chris Todd is...

Chris Todd is...
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:31:45 PM »
...starting QB.  Named by Chizik just shortly ago...

More information to come.

Somewhere Kaos is melting down, writing a manifesto, renting a cabin deep in a forest somewhere and sending unmarked packages to a certain J. Jacobs.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:34:40 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Chris Todd is...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »
Let the melt down begin.

I knew it was going to happen though. If they didn't name anyone between Caudle and Burns...you know they have to both....uh...struggle...

FML
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »
Obviously I will take yalls word on this, but I thought Todd did a halfass decent job given his shoulder situation? Obviously Kodi didn't work out, and Caudle isn't greatly talented. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong about Todd or maybe I'm just not thinking of some stupid shit that he did. But I thought he did OK for the most part? I can't really say that Burns to WR is a bad move either. He is a pretty good athlete, maybe he just doesn't have the skills to start at AU quite yet. Nothing wrong with putting a talented athlete on the field.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:38:24 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Argo

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »
Let the melt down begin.

If Finebaum is on tomorrow, you know he is going to be emptying the fuel reserves on that fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:40:05 PM »
Obviously I will take yalls word on this, but I thought Todd did a halfass decent job given his shoulder situation? Obviously Kodi didn't work out, and Caudle isn't greatly talented. Like I said, maybe I'm wrong about Todd or maybe I'm just not thinking of some stupid shit that he did. But I thought he did OK for the most part?

He was injured. Period.  I actually think that with his work in the filmroom and 100% physically better, he was just better than NC. Doesn't necessarily mean that NC wasn't talented enough.  IMO...

I think it's a different situation now...  Only time will tell though....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:42:27 PM »
If Finebaum is on tomorrow, you know he is going to be emptying the fuel reserves on that fire.

Oh I'm sure the Bammer response that calls into that show will be ridiculous (as if it isn't usually anyway). 

A MAJOR Hemhaw Pawwwwl fest...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
I don't think surgery fixed Chris Todd's inability to get rid of the ball quickly. 

Good lord.... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Argo

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
Oh I'm sure the Bammer response that calls into that show will be ridiculous (as if it isn't usually anyway). 

A MAJOR Hemhaw Pawwwwl fest...

It won't just be "bammers".  Plenty of Auburn fans will be gnashing teeth tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:54:42 PM »
It won't just be "bammers".  Plenty of Auburn fans will be gnashing teeth tomorrow.

True.   I just don't get how people don't get that he was INJURED last year.  I was pissed too, but if he's really come in and done what they're saying he's done, and the team is unified behind him and excited about things (according to interviews on ITAT), then I'm willing to at least sit back and not act like a toolbag and drag my knuckles over it.

We'll see....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 11:28:19 PM »
True.   I just don't get how people don't get that he was INJURED last year.  I was pissed too, but if he's really come in and done what they're saying he's done, and the team is unified behind him and excited about things (according to interviews on ITAT), then I'm willing to at least sit back and not act like a toolbag and drag my knuckles over it.

We'll see....
I think the deal with Todd is he is a good "system" QB, and maybe he picked up the offense a little quicker than others. It could explain Texas Tech's interest when he signed there, and why Franklin liked him so much as well. I don't know how he had done in camp or anything, but if he had injuries requiring surgery that he was playing through, I think I could give the kid a pass. Only issue there is Todd is a SR this year. If Kodi is going to be moved to WR, then I wouldn't think he is in the plans long-term as a QB. All I can say is Rollison better be everything you guys hope he is, because it looks like they are hanging their hats on him for the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »
Let me move my post from the thread below..over here.

FUCK!!!!

I'll support the damn team but what will we be asking next year at this same time?  Who is going to quarterback the Auburn Tigers?  Sorry, this is a stupid ass move.  We are supposedley rebuilding.  Why waste a year when the most important single player on the team will be gone next year?  Let a QB grow with the team and get chemistry with this young receiving corps.  FUCK!!!! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
Let me add something to my post above.

FUCK!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »
I'll support the damn team but what will we be asking next year at this same time?  Who is going to quarterback the Auburn Tigers?  Sorry, this is a stupid ass move.  We are supposedley rebuilding.  Why waste a year when the most important single player on the team will be gone next year?  Let a QB grow with the team and get chemistry with this young receiving corps.  FUCK!!!!  

I see it differently. I could totally be wrong, but this is how I see it.

Everyone here knows how I feel about TR. I think he is going to be a damn good player. I think this move TOTALLY sets TR up to be the QB of the future. Todd will be gone next year. No doubt. If Cuadle or Burns didn't win the job this year, they won't next year either. Matter of fact, I think TR gets more playing time this year and ends up as the #2. I wouldn't be too suprised if TR starts by the end of the year...ala Prior at OSU. I think this sets up prefectly for TR. It helps build him as the man for next year, while not putting all the pressure on his shoulders this year.

If Caudle had come in and played decent, it would have been hard for there to be any QB but him next year.

Of course...this is just my opinion...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:06:25 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 12:30:16 AM »
Why waste a year when the most important single player on the team will be gone next year? 

I would say that since it was not a popular hire and CGC knows this, he has to win now to keep the fan base happy. I think he knows that it is sink or swim and all eyes are him.  I would also think that the bigger recruits like Seastrunk, Dyer, Lemonier...etc...etc...etc...are looking to see what happens on the field this year before they make that final choice.  If they like what they see then that may swing them our way.  Of course I could be way off base with this and that might not be it all.  Just my thoughts and opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 06:45:36 AM »
I don't think surgery fixed Chris Todd's inability to get rid of the ball quickly. 

Good lord.... 

I hope they were also able to surgerize those boat anchors attached to his knees.  I've seen sea turtles run faster.

Somebody get film from the LSU game last year when he had about 20 yards of open field and he managed to gain two.  Granted we only needed two, but he was so slow that a woman in the stands had a baby, the child grew up, got recruited, signed with LSU and then ran him down from behind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 08:38:24 AM »
I see it differently. I could totally be wrong, but this is how I see it.

Everyone here knows how I feel about TR. I think he is going to be a damn good player. I think this move TOTALLY sets TR up to be the QB of the future. Todd will be gone next year. No doubt. If Cuadle or Burns didn't win the job this year, they won't next year either. Matter of fact, I think TR gets more playing time this year and ends up as the #2. I wouldn't be too suprised if TR starts by the end of the year...ala Prior at OSU. I think this sets up prefectly for TR. It helps build him as the man for next year, while not putting all the pressure on his shoulders this year.

If Caudle had come in and played decent, it would have been hard for there to be any QB but him next year.

Of course...this is just my opinion...

This.

...Also I'd just add that Barrett Trotter, the guy we almost pulled a redshirt off of at the end of the year last year, didn't float off into space.  TR and Trotter could be quite a battle, or starter back-up next season, and they'll BOTH only be sophmores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions