Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

75 on Schollarship?????

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 75 on Schollarship?????
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 11:00:02 PM »
Let the excuse making begin. 

Excuse or not...if you start the season 10 short of a full scholarship squad, and this is your first year (read: you cannot possibly be blamed for the attrition), then you have a legit reason/excuse for a less than stellar season.

For the record, I think we win 8+ this season.  I will understand, however, if this lack of depth affects the W/L column.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 11:38:16 PM »
Let the excuse making begin. 
The excuse making began before the plane touched down back in December.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Argo

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

Just for you.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
Excuse or not...if you start the season 10 short of a full scholarship squad, and this is your first year (read: you cannot possibly be blamed for the attrition), then you have a legit reason/excuse for a less than stellar season.

For the record, I think we win 8+ this season.  I will understand, however, if this lack of depth affects the W/L column.
I think 8 wins would be a nice start to a great career at the plains. Injuries will play a huge roll in our win loss column.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 11:41:21 AM »

Another facetious meter broken.  Wow.  Must be a defect. 

I'm going to issue a recall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 12:05:46 PM »

Another facetious meter broken.  Wow.  Must be a defect. 

I'm going to issue a recall.

Your posts are tainted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 12:08:21 PM »
Your posts are tainted.
Hang on, wes.  No one has called the taint yet...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2009, 12:23:39 PM »
Hang on, wes.  No one has called the taint yet...
It's coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »
It's coming.

Inside of or just on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
It's coming.

What does your lovelly roommate say about the taint?

One dark pink taint at a time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 01:13:46 PM »
With the $EC's cap on 28 signees a year, expect being well under the 85 limit to be commonplace for every team from here on out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »
With the $EC's cap on 28 signees a year, expect being well under the 85 limit to be commonplace for every team from here on out.

Now why did you want to go ahead and fuck up Chizik's ready-made excuse?  I can tell you from watching him that he will have a canned one for every situation.  Because the blueprint never fails. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 06:37:30 PM »
It doesn't matter what the cap is, the limit is, and has been for a while, set at 25.  The only difference that I see having a cap set, is you have to be smart in the qualifications of the prospects that you're trying to bring in.  In the past, if you received 30-35 verbals, that would leave you with wiggle room of 5-10 prospects.  But now, that wiggle room has been lessened to three.  There's one team that it won't affect and that's SPuat, if they want the prospect to qualify they'll just have him take upwards of THREE Online Correspendence Courses.  Also, at the rate they're going, they'll never have 20 sholarship Seniors or Juniors leaving at the same time....because some will be kicked in the teeth and told to go elsewhere, it is what it is...aight? It's all part of the process.  Come to think of it, Coach midget runs his football team like I run mine on NCAA 10, but there's just one small difference....the kids that he's cutting are real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:23 PM »
Inside of or just on?
All over the fucking place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 09:46:52 PM »
It doesn't matter what the cap is, the limit is, and has been for a while, set at 25.  The only difference that I see having a cap set, is you have to be smart in the qualifications of the prospects that you're trying to bring in.  In the past, if you received 30-35 verbals, that would leave you with wiggle room of 5-10 prospects.  But now, that wiggle room has been lessened to three.  There's one team that it won't affect and that's SPuat, if they want the prospect to qualify they'll just have him take upwards of THREE Online Correspendence Courses.  Also, at the rate they're going, they'll never have 20 sholarship Seniors or Juniors leaving at the same time....because some will be kicked in the teeth and told to go elsewhere, it is what it is...aight? It's all part of the process.  Come to think of it, Coach midget runs his football team like I run mine on NCAA 10, but there's just one small difference....the kids that he's cutting are real.

The scholarships are one year renewable scholarships, they tell you that when you sign them.  Every player knows this, and every schools decides not to renew some scholarships, even AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions