Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Two-a-days?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Two-a-days?
« on: August 01, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »
Anyone know when summer/fall practice begins?  Monday?

I want practice reports!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

Re: Two-a-days?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/20...own_to_sta.html

July 30, 2009
Auburn players officially report Tuesday for fall practice, but don't be fooled by that. The Tigers have been around all summer working out, so much so that quarterback Neil Caudle figures he's thrown about 400 passes a week, or about 4,000 passes since summer workouts began.

You can figure the same for Kodi Burns and everything we hear is that Chris Todd is back in the swing of things now that he's seven months removed from shoulder surgery.

The busy summer hasn't included everybody, however. Five signees are still waiting for the green light from the NCAA Clearinghouse. Three more will be in junior college. One is signing a pro baseball contract. Nineteen signees are on campus, including two that participated in spring practice. Florida State transfer Aubrey Phillips is also expected to be ready Wednesday.

The five that are still waiting for clearance -- which is often just a procedural thing -- are defensive linemen Josh Jackson and Terrance Coleman, defensive back Daren Bates and cornerbacks Demond Washington and Taikwon Paige.

The three going the junior college route are defensive backs Izauea Lanier and Reggie Taylor, as well as wide receiver LaVoyd James. Only Lanier is new news.

**Now, where were we? Oh, yes, quarterbacks. The Tigers, now quite famously, have seven quarterbacks in camp, but one, Barrett Trotter, is out with a knee injury. That means six quarterbacks will be able to showcase their arms, at least for a day or two, when the Tigers begin fall practice next Wednesday. Newcomers? You'd think from all the hype that Tyrik Rollison could be a factor and would be the first who could shake up things. That's the thinking. We've talked to outside college coaches who think Clint Moseley may not break in soon, but will play down the road. Don't let the fact he's coming from a small school, Leroy, fool you, they say. Still, it would seem everyone who was around in the spring would have a big advantage.

**The first day in pads looks to be Aug. 9.

**Facebook news: Running back Marcus Lattimore is visiting Penn State.

**From yesterday, tight end Tommy Trott is on the John Mackey Award watch list. That award goes to the nation's top tight end. Thirty players are on the list. Trott had 20 catches for 201 yards last season. The winner of the award will be announced Dec. 10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »
Auburn releases early practice dates
The Tigers report for practice on Tuesday and begin practice on Wednesday. The rest of the schedule for the first half of August was released by Auburn sports information this afternoon. Here it is:

Note: Schedule is subject to change.

* Tuesday, Aug. 4 -- Reporting Day
    * Wednesday, Aug. 5 -- First Day
    * Thursday, Aug. 6 -- Practice
    * Friday, Aug. 7 -- Practice
    * Saturday, Aug. 8 -- Practice (Graduation)
    * Sunday, Aug. 9 -- Practice (First Day in Pads)
    * Monday, Aug. 10 -- Practice (First Two a Days)
    * Tuesday, Aug. 11 -- Practice
    * Wednesday, Aug. 12 -- Practice (Two a Days)
    * Thursday, Aug. 13 -- Practice
    * Friday, Aug. 14 -- Practice (Two a Days)
    * Saturday, Aug. 15 -- Practice
    * Sunday, Aug. 16 -- OFF (Fan Day, 2-4 p.m. CT, Jordan-Hare Stadium)
    * Monday, Aug. 17 -- OFF (First Day of Class)

http://wareagleextra.blogspot.com/2009/08/auburn-releases-early-practice-dates.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »
Open or close practices? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:59 AM »
Open or close practices? 

No idea.  I would assume that they will continue to close practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:17:22 AM »
Open or close practices? 

The reports I have read said they will all be closed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:54 AM »
The reports I have read said they will all be closed.

They will be closed, and they will no longer be practicing on the intramural fields for the first few weeks of fall practice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:31:30 AM »
They will be closed, and they will no longer be practicing on the intramural fields for the first few weeks of fall practice. 

I think this is a good thing.  Take every advantage you can get.  Screw the media access as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."