Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm Calling BS. Sorry, tooooo long

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
I'm Calling BS. Sorry, tooooo long
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
Every year, while flipping through the preseason rags, a few names jump out and make you say, "No freakin' way.  That guy was a senior when I was in college". 

Forget that Colt McCoy will remain at Texas until he either wins the Heisman or turns 36, whichever comes first.  That's a given.  But what about:

Brandon Spikes: This guy was the prize of Ron Zook's first recruitng class.  And he's still at Florida because....

Daryl Clark:  You might go, "Who?" Penn State's QB over the last 7 years.  PSU has been mostly irrelevant so he just kind of slipped in under the radar every year.

Exactly how many years can Brandon LaFell remain eligible at LSU?  I know Dinardo loved the kid but, damn.

It's kind of cool to see perrenial doormat, Kansas, at least be competitive these days...but I think people may be starting to recall that Todd Reesing was handing the ball off to Gale Sayers.

Same thing goes for South Florida with Matt Grothe and George Selvie.  What?  You didn't know they're still playing?  Oh yeah, they're still there.  When Jim Leavitt took over this team to begin their voyage into D-1 football, he really thought these two could be the cornerstones of his program.  Jim, newsflash buddy...the NCAA only allows 4 years of eligibility.  Selvie has grandkids by now.  Move on.

Anybody past or present you can call BS on?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Argo

Re: I'm Calling BS. Sorry, tooooo long
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
I am shocked to see Trindon Holliday is only a junior.  Did they not count his first two years of eligibility because he wasn't 5 feet tall?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:53:14 PM »

Anybody past or present you can call BS on?

From our own archives, Daniel Cobb played for 19 consecutive years.  His first child was born when he was starting and looking over his shoulder at who was on the bench while he performed dully for a half.  His first grandchild was born when he was coming off the bench and spooking the starting quarterback by having semi-brilliant halves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:10:52 PM »
Mike Flynt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »
Johnny Majors swore the day he signed Eric Berry that he would win at least two Heisman Trophies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 05:55:41 PM »
Safety/Linebacker/Fuckin' Bad Ass from USC, Taylor Mays, played beside Troy "The Tazmanian Devil" Polamalu in the defensive backfield.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:00 PM »
Is Fred Talley still playing or am I just having a nightmare?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 06:55:45 PM »
Is Fred Talley still playing or am I just having a nightmare?

He's gone..he's gone...calm down.  It was just a bad dream.

However, I think Matt Jones is coming back for his Junior year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 02:14:12 AM »
He's gone..he's gone...calm down.  It was just a bad dream.

However, I think Matt Jones is coming back for his Junior year.
TTFWIW, Petrino's high on Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 07:42:14 AM »
TTFWIW, Petrino's high on Jones likes to get high.

More accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."