Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos may have a point

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Kaos may have a point
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »
I hear what you're saying.

I think the classes should be re-ranked after the kids get on campus (in their freshman year) to more accurately reflect the standings.

For example: Ole Miss's ranking would be significantly lower this past year once you figure in the 15 or so kids that won't qualify.
Rivals only takes into account your top 20 signees anyways when it ranks. You can sign 1,000 kids and your class will be ranked only on 20 of them. I don't know if I would go as far as saying "usually", but I think more often than not your higher ranked players end up qualifying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »
Prepare for "War & Peace" sized, 18 paragraph reply in 3...2...1...
Wes is not Prowler. You can give him a simple explanation and he can figure it out for himself. The novels are reserved for Prowler, because it takes that much with him. However, I don't think he recognizes some of 'dem squiggly type lines all da time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »
Wes is not Prowler. You can give him a simple explanation and he can figure it out for himself. The novels are reserved for Prowler, because it takes that much with him. However, I don't think he recognizes some of 'dem squiggly type lines all da time.
He was referring to you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »
He was referring to you.
I know, and I was explaining why I don't need to give an extended reply to Wes. Anything else you would like to point out, Captain Obvious?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:57:41 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »
     Ok, can we move on to the #3 thing on my list, text messaging?  Can someone explain the obsession with text messaging?  I swear to god, you can't walk into a bar and swing a dead cat without hitting someone with both their thumbs on the damn phone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
     Ok, can we move on to the #3 thing on my list, text messaging?  Can someone explain the obsession with text messaging?  I swear to god, you can't walk into a bar and swing a dead cat without hitting someone with both their thumbs on the damn phone.

Speaking personally mine fit better on the keyboard than they do my ass. (plus they smell better for a longer period of time)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Birmingham

« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

Text messaging is the single greatest development in the last 150 years.  It has single handedly put an end to the predicament of wanting to ask a simple question to your wife and getting an answer that rabbit trails to how her sister can't find a good man and lasts the better part of the afternoon.  You ask a simple question, you get a simple answer (sometimes one word answers) and you can spend the afternoon not having to hear about everything you didn't ask about.  GENIUS!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Speaking personally mine fit better on the keyboard than they do my ass. (plus they smell better for a longer period of time)

Ask and ye shall receive there Hogwally.

However, I have to say that I was of the same opinion for a long time.  I have a teenage daughter who is da' master of text.  I used to walk by her and say, "Just dial the digits and talk, for Christ sake".  I never understood why you would choose a method of communication that takes 3X as long.  But, having said that, once I started texting a few people, I saw the value in it. One huge benefit is saying what you have to say by being short and concise, without having to get into long, drawn out and boring ass conversations with people you don't really want to talk to...like Howard and Wes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2009, 11:47:56 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive there Hogwally.

However, I have to say that I was of the same opinion for a long time.  I have a teenage daughter who is da' master of text.  I used to walk by her and say, "Just dial the digits and talk, for Christ sake".  I never understood why you would choose a method of communication that takes 3X as long.  But, having said that, once I started texting a few people, I saw the value in it. One huge benefit is saying what you have to say by being short and concise, without having to get into long, drawn out and boring ass conversations with people you don't really want to talk to...like Howard and Wes.
I thought we had something special!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »
I saw this on another site, and thought it was relevant to this discussion.

1* Players Out Of High School

Ben Grubbs
Courtney Taylor
Carl Stewart
Chris Evans
Robert Dunn
Tre Smith

2 Star Players Out Of High School

Eric Brock
Marquies Gunn
Jason Bosley
Steve Gandy
Merrill Johnson
Jonathan Wilhite
Mike Blanc
Zach Clayton

3 Star Players Out Of High School

Will Herring
Karibi Dede
Kevin Sears
Quentin Groves
Josh Thompson
Cole Bennett
Pat Sims
Tristan Davis
Brad Lester
Antonio Coleman
Jerraud Powers
Patrick Trahan
Aairon Savage
Walt McFadden
Michael Goggans
Craig Stevens
Byron Isom
Mike Blanc
Terrell Zachery
Zach Etheridge
Nick Fairley
Mike Slade
Neiko Thorpe
Darvin Adams

"Can't Miss 4 stars"

Justin Bruce
Brandon Williams
Tez Doolittle
Doug Langenfeld
Lloyd Blevins
Tony McClain
Lorenzo Ferguson
Tony Bell
Alonzo Horton
Bryant Miller
Bo Harris
Raven Gray
Lee Tilley
Greg Smith
A.J. Greene
Chris Slaughter
Jonnie Dixon
Deshaun Barnes
Andre Wadley

5* Stud

Kodi Burns
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2009, 12:45:58 PM »
Chizad.  Let's suppose Apples were ranked 1-5; 1 being good and 5 being great.  Now let's say I bought 50 of them of all various ratings.  How can I say that the apples that are 1-4's are better than the apples that are 5's because there were simply more of them that I liked (completely ignoring the fact that 48 of the apples were ranked 1-4 and only 2 ranked 5)?

On average there are usually on 25-30 5* players in a class.  There's not enough to go around and it be competitive number wise with the 3* and 4* that ended up being great contributors to your team.  There's simply a helluva lot more of them.  An accurate assessment would be the percentage of each ranked * that ends up being a great contributor.  JMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions