Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos may have a point

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Kaos may have a point
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
You should reread page 3.  The fact I presented, the one you responded to asking me to forget about, certainly prompted my very next post referencing the futility of presenting facts around here.  I'm not surprised that you didn't follow the context of the discussion, with it being more than one post and all.
I am speaking in generalities and with an overwhelming preponderance of the evidence in my favor.

You are just a blithering idiot.

Case closed.

Now get back in your closet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »
I can't believe I allow you to act that way.  I really should discipline you more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
Here are some more facts for you...

Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo Score: 93
Cubao No. 1 Score: 92
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Robusto Score: 90
Coronado By La Flor Double Corona Score: 90
Illusione 88 Score: 90
Defiance By Xikar The Guardian Score: 91
Padrón 6000 Score: 91

Suck on that BEYOTCH!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:04:55 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »

Let me try and explain this mystery you're having trouble with while at the same time enlighting you with some facts on the matter.  Since the BCS era, EVERY single team that has finished with the top recruiting class in the country has won a National Championship within 4 years of that date.  So what were you saying about "It's not like if you have a top recruiting class it automatically translates to wins on the field"?

Didn't UT have a #1 ranked class somewhere around 2000-2002?  I don't have a clue, but I do remember the UT fans here in North AL bragging about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Birmingham

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2009, 06:28:28 PM »
For one, have they been keeping up with recruiting NC since the start of the BCS era?  Irrelevent since I said every recruiting NC since the BCS era.  That the BCS has been around for longer than they've been recording recruiting NC has nothing to do with the statement.

Two, according to rivals (i am sure that is who you use for recruiting analysis, cause that is who gave the two recruiting NC to you fuck sticks) who only has "RNC" on record since '02, USC has one it twice in '04 and '05 and I don’t think they have won a NC since '02, '03.  They won the National Championship in 2004, the same year they won the 2004 recruiting NC, They again won the recruiting NC in 2005 which puts their 4 year window ending with the 2009 season.  
So your fact earlier about the winning a RNC and within 4 year winning the MNC is bullshit.  So calling someone else out on facts, is bull shit and hypocritical!!

Aside from Alabama, Only 4 teams have won "recruiting NC's".  They are the same 4 teams that make up the National Champions since recruiting rankings have started being recorded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »

Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo Score: 93 BEST Cigar ever
Cubao No. 1 Score: 92  Absolute horse shit rating
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Robusto Score: 90  One of the absolute best cigars ever
Coronado By La Flor Double Corona Score: 90  La Flor's 15th best cigar AT BEST, Horse shit rating
Illusione 88 Score: 90  Excellent up and coming cigar, they've earned their rating with a healthy dose of quality and sending money to Shankin
Defiance By Xikar The Guardian Score: 91  Best cutters in the world, as for the cigar, they need to stick to cutters.  President of Xikar is cool so they get a pass for trying to dip their hand in too many pots.
Padrón 6000 Score: 91  Best economic cigar on the market today.  the *000 series by Padron is wonderful.

Suck on that BEYOTCH! I've "sucked on" every cigar mentioned and each of the additional cigar lines of their respective families.  It was good advice though.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »
Aside from Alabama, Only 4 teams have won "recruiting NC's".  They are the same 4 teams that make up the National Champions since recruiting rankings have started being recorded.

Did someone erase my last post??  Let me try again...

Following your logic, I guess this should be Tennessee and their 2005 top recrootin classes year then huh?  How much are you willing to wager on the Vols taking the title?  Remember, this is the same volunteer team that went 5-7 a few years ago with 5 recruiting classes in a row rated no lower than 9th.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
Did someone erase my last post??  Let me try again...

Following your logic, I guess this should be Tennessee and their 2005 top recrootin classes year then huh?  How much are you willing to wager on the Vols taking the title?  Remember, this is the same volunteer team that went 5-7 a few years ago with 5 recruiting classes in a row rated no lower than 9th.

Clearly you're mistaken.  USC was ranked #1 in recruiting in 2005.  Scout had Tennessee up top.  What's that you say?  I'm following Rivals rankings because that's who ranked Alabama 1st the past 2 years?  Rivals has a habit of declaring "recruiting NC's" that are then confirmed with National Championships won on the field.  I think that gives them a hell of a lot more credit than ESPN or Scout.  Do you think differently?  If so, why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2009, 08:09:09 PM »

Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Torpedo Score: 93 BEST Cigar ever
Cubao No. 1 Score: 92  Absolute horse shit rating you are smoking crack dude...have you had this cigar? this is one of the most underrated cigars out there.  To me its as close to a cuban cigar as you can get. I love this stick.
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Robusto Score: 90  One of the absolute best cigars ever
Coronado By La Flor Double Corona Score: 90  La Flor's 15th best cigar AT BEST, Horse shit rating
Illusione 88 Score: 90  Excellent up and coming cigar, they've earned their rating with a healthy dose of quality and sending money to Shankin
Defiance By Xikar The Guardian Score: 91  Best cutters in the world, as for the cigar, they need to stick to cutters.  President of Xikar is cool so they get a pass for trying to dip their hand in too many pots. Another crack smoke while it may not deserve a score of 91 it easily should be in the high 80's and IMHO should rank above their horseshit Casa Magna that they rated number 1 this year.
Padrón 6000 Score: 91  Best economic cigar on the market today.  the *000 series by Padron is wonderful.

Suck on that BEYOTCH! I've "sucked on" every cigar mentioned and each of the additional cigar lines of their respective families.  It was good advice though.
Not advice, just pulled it off of CA's website and I have smoked all of these as well.  Everything else I agree with though...  Except for maybe Padrons 1964 being the best cigar ever, while it is a great cigar, my #1 is still the Fuente Anejo Shark. I still say bar none for the money you can't beat the taste, draw and texture of a regular Padron!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:59:18 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2009, 08:10:51 PM »
Clearly you're mistaken.  USC was ranked #1 in recruiting in 2005.  Scout had Tennessee up top.  What's that you say?  I'm following Rivals rankings because that's who ranked Alabama 1st the past 2 years?  Rivals has a habit of declaring "recruiting NC's" that are then confirmed with National Championships won on the field.  I think that gives them a hell of a lot more credit than ESPN or Scout.  Do you think differently?  If so, why?

So according to your logic, USC will win the BCS championship this year. 

Thanks, I'll be phoning Las Vegas soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Birmingham

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2009, 08:19:41 PM »
So according to your logic, USC will win the BCS championship this year.

Thanks, I'll be phoning Las Vegas soon.

You won't get very good odds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2009, 08:23:33 PM »
Because the Rivals conspiracy extends all the way to the BCS, duh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
Clearly you're mistaken.  USC was ranked #1 in recruiting in 2005.  Scout had Tennessee up top.  What's that you say?  I'm following Rivals rankings because that's who ranked Alabama 1st the past 2 years?  Rivals has a habit of declaring "recruiting NC's" that are then confirmed with National Championships won on the field.  I think that gives them a hell of a lot more credit than ESPN or Scout.  Do you think differently?  If so, why?
Humor me B'ham, which team had the #1 Recruiting Class, per Rivals, for the '08 signing class, after player qualifications?  I'll give you a hint, it wasn't SPuat.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 09:16:28 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2009, 09:27:33 PM »
Humor me B'ham, which team had the #1 Recruiting Class, per Rivals, for the '08 signing class, after player qualifications?  I'll give you a hint, it wasn't SPuat.

You're bitter because your penis is small.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2009, 10:36:44 PM »
Humor me B'ham, which team had the #1 Recruiting Class, per Rivals, for the '08 signing class, after player qualifications?  I'll give you a hint, it wasn't SPuat.
OMG, WE GOT BUMPED DOWN TO #2 AFTER QUALIFICATIONS!!!!!!! OH NOOOOOEEEEEES!!!! Geez, I would imagine every single fucking player in Notre Dame's class would qualify. I love how you throw in the "after qualification" stipulation, just so you can try to prove yourself right. Birmingham didn't say shit about anything after qualifications. Thats simply something you added in to make yourself sleep better at night. The fact of the matter is, we signed the #1 class on NSD. It certainly doesn't change the fact of the talent that we brought in either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2009, 08:50:06 AM »
OMG, WE GOT BUMPED DOWN TO #2 AFTER QUALIFICATIONS!!!!!!! OH NOOOOOEEEEEES!!!! Geez, I would imagine every single fucking player in Notre Dame's class would qualify. I love how you throw in the "after qualification" stipulation, just so you can try to prove yourself right. Birmingham didn't say shit about anything after qualifications. Thats simply something you added in to make yourself sleep better at night. The fact of the matter is, we signed the #1 class on NSD. It certainly doesn't change the fact of the talent that we brought in either.

This is a stupid fucking argument, and I'm losing IQ points by participating...but...

It's moronic to declare that your class, prior to qualifications, translates into NCs.  If'n the kids don't qualify, then how the FUCK do they help win NCs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2009, 09:23:03 AM »
This is a stupid fucking argument, and I'm losing IQ points by participating...but...

It's moronic to declare that your class, prior to qualifications, translates into NCs.  If'n the kids don't qualify, then how the FUCK do they help win NCs?

Prepare for "War & Peace" sized, 18 paragraph reply in 3...2...1...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2009, 09:44:36 AM »

It's moronic to declare that your class, prior to qualifications, translates into NCs.  If'n the kids don't qualify, then how the FUCK do they help win NCs?
I'm not particularly supporting Birmingham's argument, I'm more so keeping Prowler on track. For arguments sake, nobody ever said anything about after qualifying. Any time anybody mentions Alabama having a top recruiting class to years in a row, he always feels the need to mention it wasn't #1 after qualifications, therefore trying to downplay it. I don't know if what Birmingham is saying is actually true because I haven't bothered to research it or anything. Simply keeping my pimp hand strong is all. But if I were going to argue a point with you, I would say that I'm sure a kid that didn't qualify would manage to qualify at SOME point within four years of signing a LOI (unless maybe you are Kerry Murphy). I think Birmingham's argument entails a 4 year time frame. If not, ignore that. Again, I don't know if its even true or not because I don't really care that much to research it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:47:21 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »
I'm not particularly supporting Birmingham's argument, I'm more so keeping Prowler on track. For arguments sake, nobody ever said anything about after qualifying. Any time anybody mentions Alabama having a top recruiting class to years in a row, he always feels the need to mention it wasn't #1 after qualifications, therefore trying to downplay it. I don't know if what Birmingham is saying is actually true because I haven't bothered to research it or anything. Simply keeping my pimp hand strong is all. But if I were going to argue a point with you, I would say that I'm sure a kid that didn't qualify would manage to qualify at SOME point within four years of signing a LOI (unless maybe you are Kerry Murphy). I think Birmingham's argument entails a 4 year time frame. If not, ignore that. Again, I don't know if its even true or not because I don't really care that much to research it.

I hear what you're saying.

I think the classes should be re-ranked after the kids get on campus (in their freshman year) to more accurately reflect the standings.

For example: Ole Miss's ranking would be significantly lower this past year once you figure in the 15 or so kids that won't qualify.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2009, 11:00:14 AM »
I can't believe I allow you to act that way.  I really should discipline you more.
The next time you try that will be the first - and the last. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions